• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Kyaw

Romance question, I think I dun goofed up...

I said "I love you" to both Triss and Yennefer. I made Triss stay in Novigrad. Am I about to get a hilarious bad ending? Is there any way to fix it?

Yes you did.

hqdefault.jpg

No way to fix this except reloading an earlier state.

Kyaw

Protip that applies to life in general i guess:
Don't confess your love to two women at the same time.

Damn sorceresses.

if you want to know what happens at the end of the game due to these choices,
if you get the bad ending, Geralt presumably dies either way, but if you get a good ending, Geralt will end up alone and continue his lonely life as a witcher.

Ark

I said "I love you" to both Triss and Yennefer. I made Triss stay in Novigrad. Am I about to get a hilarious bad ending? Is there any way to fix it?

You gotta pick a team, man.

Seanspeed

Banned
Gaf I need your help. I started playing on ps4, and got to novigrad, but now I've built a decent gaming PC and got the game for free with my 970.

Played around with settings and it looks amazing pc.

Shoul I bite the bullet and start over on pc and experience the more beautiful graphics? I need someone to give me a kick in either direction.
It's the framerate that will be the game-changer coming from the PS4.

Sai

Even on Death March it seems like you can't avoid getting greyed-out main & secondary quests. Thought I was managing pretty well for a time, until I got to Novigrad.

Anyways, the Gwent cards you win from shopkeepers are completely random, right?

Romance question:
I got Triss out of Novigrad with the other mages but I didn't want her to stay with me in case she got killed or was in danger etc. Does she come back later or is that it? I also kissed her earlier on the banquet quest, will that fuck things up with Yenn?

Kyaw

You gotta pick a team, man.

Was gonna go #teamtriss but i didn't realise those choices were the picks.

I'm dumb.

Romance question:
I got Triss out of Novigrad with the other mages but I didn't want her to stay with me in case she got killed or was in danger etc. Does she come back later or is that it? I also kissed her earlier on the banquet quest, will that fuck things up with Yenn?

No it shouldn't.
As long as you didn't convince her to stay by saying "I love you", you're ok, unlike me

Ark

Romance question:

The kiss won't screw anything up with Yen, and don't worry, Triss comes back later on.

I'm dumb.

CDPR really like making ambiguous choices. What you think is a harmless conversation is actually shaping the entire game. I love it.

Kyaw

This game maaan.

Another question:
Is the killing Radovid questline important/will it fail if I didn't do it before assembling the dream team for Kaer Morhen battle?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
100% yes. The graphics on PC are incredible and I've hardly ever noticed any aliasing. Not to mention the entire lack of loading times with an SSD.

Entire lack? What? What about the loading times when you fast travel from one zone to another? When you first boot the game? When you die and have to reload your game? I have to wait like 10-12 secs each time that happen, and that's on a SSD.

This game maaan.

Another question:
Is the killing Radovid questline important/will it fail if I didn't do it before assembling the dream team for Kaer Morhen battle?
I completed that after the Kaer Morhen fight so you're good to go there

Ark

This game maaan.

Another question:

You should be fine, I think. Personally I did that quest as soon as it was available because it sounded awesome.

Entire lack? What? What about the loading times when you fast travel from one zone to another? When you first boot the game? When you die and have to reload your game? I have to wait like 10-12 secs each time that happen, and that's on a SSD.

I imagine that's hardly anything compared to console, but fast-travelling within a zone is pretty much instantaneous.

Flipyap

I'm dumb.
You already saw pretty much everything related to the Triss romance subplot, goofing it up will actually allow you to see more scenes involving Triss than you would see if you stayed faithful to her.
Sadly, #teamtriss is #teamhalfassed.

Im 50 hours in and still havent entered Novigrad city even though I can.
This. Fucking. Game. Man!

Im just now doing story missions to get to Ciri (doing the swamps right now, the baron ones were amazing!). Ive done so many secondary things im leaving the main quest everytime I discover something.
Keira was a pleasent surprise for book fans, minor character there (she basically only buttsumps Geralt when falling from a window and then he has to carry her around in one chapter) but they captured her bossy nympho personality.

And playing on a new PC feels great.

Toreal

Is your SDD a Samsung 840 Evo?
Because besides the storytelling load screens, they shouldn't be that long

Exentryk

Finished "The Last Wish" quest.
Felt bad saying no to Yen, esp after she says her feelings for Geralt remain the same. But I've already chosen Triss :(

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is your SDD a Samsung 840 Evo?
Because besides the storytelling load screens, they shouldn't be that long

That's what I'm talking about, i have to watch those storytelling load screens everytime i fast travel between each zones(like going from Velen to Skellige), or have to boot the game or reload a previous save. I see those a lot more than the dark screens with tips(and yeah those are fast, maybe 3 secs?).

And no, my SSD is a Crucial.

Finished "The Last Wish" quest.
Felt bad saying no to Yen, esp after she says her feelings for Geralt remain the same. But I've already chosen Triss :(

Did the same.
Felt bad too for her too. :( Don't worry Yen, i'll stay true to you on my 2nd playthrough!

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
i have like no loading times when fast traveling, Unless you mean between zones like from Velen to White Orchard.

Toreal

That's what I'm talking about, i have to watch those storytelling load screens everytime i fast travel between each zones(like going from Velen to Skellige), or have to boot the game or reload a previous save. I see those a lot more than the dark screens with tips(and yeah those are fast, maybe 3 secs?).

And no, my SSD is a Crucial.

Ahh okay I see, but a SSD sure does help on deaths when you just press continue.
I plan to use this mod on my second play through, Disable Intro and storybook videos. Says it cuts a few seconds of loadtimes

YoodlePro

Haha, you must be new to the internet.

EDIT: Also Exentryk, I did the same. No regrets but damn, the way Geralt said it was a little harsh. I wouldn't have used those words, but I'm a softie I guess, lol.

Now you've made me self-conscious. What is the meaning behind the saying then.I must know haha

nOoblet16

Man if only the OT tittle had woods instead of forest, it'd have referred to the ladies of the woods as well instead of just Kiera. That'd have been funny :p

d3vnull

The Nameless quest is so sad...

Poor Craven... The scene where Yen resurrects him in the garden and he cries "clear my name" in agony really got to me.

Hystzen

You already saw pretty much everything related to the Triss romance subplot, goofing it up will actually allow you to see more scenes involving Triss than you would see if you stayed faithful to her.
Sadly, #teamtriss is #teamhalfassed.

I would not Triss plot is half assed it more it not her story.

We had 2 games with Triss so we know her well but now we finally have the infamous Yennifer we heard about (unless read books like some of us). They spent more time with Yennier not just because of Ciri relationship or even Geralts. It the makers having 1 game to show her personality so the player can make a equal choice to whom you want Geralt to spend his life with.

Plus even Trolls are team Triss they willing to dump Troll wife for a redhead

kinggroin

Banned
Wait guys.

Not only did I start a romance with
Yennifer, have sex and eat bbq
, I then told
Triss I love her, had sex and ate bbq

My ending was a good one -
Me and Triss shacked up in a cute little abode, had MORE sex and made bbq.

How?

Hystzen

Wait guys.

Not only did I start a romance with
Yennifer, have sex and eat bbq
, I then told
Triss I love her, had sex and ate bbq

My ending was a good one -
Me and Triss shacked up in a cute little abode.

How?

I did same you are not locked in until you say the Love word it seems

Top Bottom