• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

rakhir

About to return to
Kaer Morhen. 75 hours. I love this game, but if the main quest revolves around the search of another person, it's gonna get rediculous. It's really time for the story to pick up.

You are getting to the point that the main story gets supercharged and goes really fast, don't worry :)

Coreda

Only the quests that involve main characters can fail if you start a big story quest. So finish at least those and you're good. Contracts are unaffected afaik and can wait.

Yeah, when I looked at my sidequests none failed after the pop-up dialog notifying me.

Nice avy btw ;) I have some from the original mask if you like:

ciriot3-transparent-1hlrcq.png
ciriot3-transparent-2a3r0x.png

Yeah the game looks amazing. I mean some of the small details fall apart under close examination but the overall presentation and effect of the visuals is just fantastic.

At downsampled resolution details like the foliage really come out in screenshots. When it's playable at 4K/60fps it will be glorious.

So I just installed the new updates, and the game is getting worse by every update, now whenever I fight there are flying chips out of my sword, like debris and some shit flying around, and every time I kill an enemy his model stand killed in air, WTF !!

It's so awesome how when you dismember enemies, the severed body parts have their own physics. I just decapitated a bandit and watched his head roll all the way down a hill! LOL

It's so awesome how when you dismember enemies, the severed body parts have their own physics. I just decapitated a bandit and watched his head roll all the way down a hill! LOL

I wish Geralt would involuntarily vomit out of sheer disgust sometimes when he cuts guys in half. That shit is graphic.

Älg

Finished the game just minutes ago. Despite the hiccups, both in terms of its plot, its adequate combat, or the technical issues of late, I still have to say: What a fantastic game.

There's one thing that's bothering me though (Massive, massive spoilers! Do not read unless you've finished the game and/or know what happens in all of the endings):
So I got the witcher ending, but IIRC one of the crones is still alive? That's just left out in the open?

I felt as if it was a case of Geralt simply not giving a fuck. I mean, when he arrived in Velen all three Crones were alive, so the situation is still better. And it's not like he really cared all that much to begin with, so why should he care at all once it's all over?

Coreda

I wish Geralt would involuntarily vomit out of sheer disgust sometimes when he cuts guys in half. That shit is graphic.

I'm always uncomfortable when entering into dialog where someone needs 'saving' without knowing the full context. It's hard to feel there's a justification for slaughtering people without reason. But bandits can f--- off :p

It's one of the things that makes the Witcher rewarding from an immersion standpoint and as a video game concept: there's a context for everything the player does. Geralt doesn't fight monsters because they're there but because he's been essentially trained from an early age to in order to protect others, and makes his livelihood from it. Likewise for most things there's a in-world motivation for the gameplay mechanic which personally draws me into the world more.

Thanks. Hope you don't mind me stealing it. It was meant as a compliment.

Lol no, avys are avys :)

I spawned at Fyresdal and travelled south towards a few POIs. You come across a level 30 Forktail and over the hill is the quest marker for Cave of Dreams. The whole area though is causing the game to stutter non-stop. Cutscenes, combat, just traversing. Very annoying.

Another thing to fix on ps4.

Denton

I wish the word "waifu" could be banned from the internet (or at least neogaf).
This is the last time (and first) I am using it.

weevles

The fighting scenes can be really graphic, but strangely satisfying. It presents that sense of finality that's needed when the combat isn't just hack and slash. I like that you can create opportunities to quickly dispatch of enemies as well.

Can someone help me out with Act III:

I've done the battle at Kaer Moren, fought Imlerith & The Crones and have gone back to Novigrad with Ciri. My next quest involved talking to her/Avaloch/Yen/Triss.

Is ANY of this timed? Like, if I don't do it now I'm going to miss something, or do I have time to go and finish up a few Witcher Quests before coming back to finish the main story?

I've done the battle at Kaer Moren, fought Imlerith & The Crones and have gone back to Novigrad with Ciri. My next quest involved talking to her/Avaloch/Yen/Triss.

Is ANY of this timed? Like, if I don't do it now I'm going to miss something, or do I have time to go and finish up a few Witcher Quests before coming back to finish the main story?

Go ahead and finish the quests

I don't think any of it is timed. I went off and did other stuff at that point.

ukas

Just finished on Death March but I don't only hit level 34, ugh. Now I have to find something to grind to 35. Any suggestions?

Ark

If you're #TeamTriss,
make sure you do the Triss quest last for no reason other than it'll be the last Triss dialogue you have in the game.

Hystzen

The fighting scenes can be really graphic, but strangely satisfying. It presents that sense of finality that's needed when the combat isn't just hack and slash. I like that you can create opportunities to quickly dispatch of enemies as well.

Something satisfying about cutting a dude who on horseback in half and watching it slowly slide onto floor

CoolOff

So, second playthrough started.

How soon can I travel to Kaer Morhen? Is it not until
Act 2 starts?

I waited way longer than that to explore the surrounding areas on the first run which I sort of regret.

What happens when you bring Ciri to Emyhr?
Just so I know during my second playthrough. I didn't do it the first time around.

Just so I know during my second playthrough. I didn't do it the first time around.

Emhyr offers her the throne. Taking her to Emhyr is a hard requirement if you want her to be empress of Nilfgaard, but whether she actually takes him up on his offer also depends on other factors.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

They talk (
offscreen, without Geralt) and Ciri leaves furious, saying he was trying to "buy" her, whatever that means... i guess buying her to stay and be Empress?

You can accept a coin reward from Emhyr before that or refuse it, I suggest you refuse it. :p
Or else Ciri will have that "WTF Geralt, really? So disappointed in you." look in her eyes.

Denton

If you fill the other prerequisites,
she will decide to become Empress after Emhyr abdicated the throne.
Personally I like this, so I will always take her :)

You can accept a coin reward from Emhyr before that or refuse it, I suggest you refuse it. :p
Or else Ciri will have that "WTF Geralt, really? So disappointed in you." look in her eyes.

Don't forget that, if you refuse the reward, you
get a new horse (who's still as dumb as the old Roach, lol).

Showaddy

Finished the game just minutes ago. Despite the hiccups, both in terms of its plot, its adequate combat, or the technical issues of late, I still have to say: What a fantastic game.

There's one thing that's bothering me though (Massive, massive spoilers! Do not read unless you've finished the game and/or know what happens in all of the endings):
So I got the witcher ending, but IIRC one of the crones is still alive? That's just left out in the open?

End game spoilers:
If you get he 'bad' ending and Cirri dies you hunt down the last Crone to get her medallion back.

Bisnic

If you fill the other prerequisites,
she will decide to become Empress after Emhyr abdicated the throne.
Personally I like this, so I will always take her :)

What are the prerequisites?
The Ciri in my game didn't want any of that after meeting him.

What are the prerequisites?
The Ciri in my game didn't want any of that after meeting him.

She will always refuse at that first meeting. Might have a change of heart over the course of the game though, but that depends on other factors.

Bisnic

She will always refuse at that first meeting. Might have a change of heart over the course of the game though, but that depends on other factors.

Over the course? Just how much left is there for me to do?
I just left Vizima heading to Bald Mountain.

Juice

Ok I absolutely cannot beat the Werewolf in
Ladies of the Woods
. I have retried twenty times, but the regen is too fast.

I'm on the lowest difficulty and I'm over leveled for it. Watched a few videos and I don't know what to do next.

Can anyone help me? I feel like my game is broken.

EDIT: Apparently 18th time is the charm. I upgraded Axii and threw a fire bomb at it to start the engagement and that gave me just enough of an edge.

Ladies of the Woods

I'm on the lowest difficulty and I'm over leveled for it. Watched a few videos and I don't know what to do next.

Upgrade silver sword + cursed oil?

I left that monster because I couldn't beat him. Came back a few levels later and cut him down, even without Cursed Oil.

Very frustrating though, and after dying those first 10 times, I ALMOST switched to lower difficulty (almost did this on the wraith gauntlet for the
Bloody Baron
questline, too). It's definitely not impossible, though!

Yeef

Ladies of the Woods

Moon Dust bomb. If you don't have it yet you can find the formula from the Herbalist
Hut Northeast of Oxenfurt.

Coreda

Ladies of the Woods

I think I somehow skipped that entirely. Actually discovered the cave while randomly exploring and dealt with the
tree
out of order.

Just about to leave Kaer Morhen (the second time, not the prologue), got a question:

Letho and Metz both said they'd go here, but were nowhere to be found. Is that to be expected? Did they move on? Or did my game glitch? I just turned Uma into the elf.

Yeef

Just about to leave Kaer Morhen (the second time, not the prologue), got a question:

Letho and Metz both said they'd go here, but were nowhere to be found. Is that to be expected? Did they move on? Or did my game glitch? I just turned Uma into the elf.
They don't show up until
The Battle

Denton

They will be there, later.

Top Bottom