• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Denton

Wait, you have to read the books to actually understand what is going on with the characters, story etc.?

I thought this was just an alternate reality based on the novels.
Well if you do, your enjoyment of the games will be immeasurably elevated. But it is not strictly necessary, since the games explain most stuff themselves.

frontovik

Banned
Damn I am towards the end of the story but
Imlerith is kicking my ass, any tips?

Keep the Quen sign active, and work on your dodges and swerves. During phase two, the ideal moment to attack him is when he is briefly immobilized.

Damn I am towards the end of the story but
Imlerith is kicking my ass, any tips?

Normal quen is really good in that fight. Also,
I wore the feline armor set which I believe gives you better dodge distance (I think?). He kicked my ass a good 10-15 times as well until I just stuck with Quen and dodged. Patience is key in the second phase of the fight. You just have to learn his movement and swings. Also, twirl helped as well.

Anustart

I have so many games I was anxious to play, but so much witcher left :(

I'm almost level 26 which means I can use my sword again soon. Also I need some new light armor. I've been rocking my current get up too long. Wish I could find a sweet light get up. Anyone have recommendations?

I have so many games I was anxious to play, but so much witcher left :(

I'm almost level 26 which means I can use my sword again soon. Also I need some new light armor. I've been rocking my current get up too long. Wish I could find a sweet light get up. Anyone have recommendations?

Well the Cat gear is the best light armor you can find. Get whatever is one step above what you have now.

I'm level 21 and about to start Ugly Baby. I'm guessing I'm around the halfway point? I'm not sure if I should continue going forward with story cause I greyed out the main quest quest lines or if I should keep trying to knock off all other quests that are grey or green in case I reach a point of no return.

I'm currently rocking the feline set but I'm kinda getting tired of it. I'm glad though that caches and treasures are finally starting to get close to that sets specs so I can use new stuff.

Also I'm pretty shocked with myself that I loaded a 5 hour old save to redo my romance choice after The Last Wish quest. I was pretty sure I was going with
Triss
after 1 and 2 and how I felt through those games but seeing the whole picture and in the Last Wish
Yen simply wanted to undo the spell that binds them to see if she truly loved Geralt whereas Triss from the start resigned to not being with Geralt and wanted to save the Mages. I actually started to see deep down Yen and Geralt (and Ciri) were a family

I'm mainly interested in aesthetics. How does the cat stuff look?

Amazing. In terms of aesthetics, for most people it's a battle between Bear, Cat and Wolf gear. Cat and Wolf are also usually considered to have the best stats. All three look great imo. Cat is the only light gear.

Lexxism

I'm mainly interested in aesthetics. How does the cat stuff look?
Mastercrafted Feline Armor
mastercrafted-feline-armor-set.jpg
Mastercrafted Wolf Armor
These two are the best armor for me.

I went with the Feline armour in my first playthrough. Suited my fast playstyle in combat but I think I'll try a different one for my NG+ playthrough.

Those both look delicious. Seems I need to open my treasure hunt tab in quests and get to work.

Be prepared to scavenge and steal for crafting materials, by the time I was on my last couple sets of armor I had resorted to slingin' fisstech on the streets of Novigrad just to buy a couple Dimeritium Ingots.

Sai

I ended up hoarding dimeritium, glowing ores, and dimeritium ingots during my second run through the game to ensure I had enough for the Mastercrafted stuff.

RedSwirl

I'm trying to find the opening comic cinematic in other languages. So far I've only found it in English and Polish on YouTube. I think the English voice actor actually performed it a little better.

Anybody find it in other languages?

Edit: Found it in German.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm currently level 25 on my Death March completionist run doing level 18 quests in Enhanced Feline Gear. I no longer need to bother with potions or signs for the most part, I can pretty much facetank everything I'm coming up against. I'm kind of hoping the game catches up to me at some point because I way outlevel everything I'm coming up against.

Philippo

So uh there's this quest in Skellige where i have to help a man find a black pearl and when i come back he's being attacked by drowners and i'm supposed to save him, but everytime by the time i reach the shore he's already dead.
Any tips?

I've been told this multiple times but when going back there, there's nothing to interact with but a candle.

damn, sucks for people who will miss the card trophy after 1.07

Weird. Will probably be fixed in the future.

Honestly CDPR can easily fix this just by adding another card. Like, the game checks for, ie, 120 cards. You add another card from a merchant, raising the requirement up to 121 cards. You buy the card, the trophy unlocks.

You don't need every card; you need one of each (so every unique card). They shouldn't lower that requirement, they should just ensure that none are possible to miss.

Honestly CDPR can easily fix this just by adding another card. Like, the game checks for, ie, 120 cards. You add another card from a merchant, raising the requirement up to 121 cards. You buy the card, the trophy unlocks.

The heck is probably NOT a number , but a series of IF conditions. ( you need every card , not a numbers of cards )

The heck is probably NOT a number , but a series of IF conditions. ( you need every card , not a numbers of cards )

That would be poor programming. It most definitely is a number, but not a number of all cards, rather a number of unique cards. Each unique card probably has a quantity variable, which is used to see how many of each card the player has.

BFIB

So uh there's this quest in Skellige where i have to help a man find a black pearl and when i come back he's being attacked by drowners and i'm supposed to save him, but everytime by the time i reach the shore he's already dead.
Any tips?
Get the pearl before you start the mission.

Coreda

Went out exploring Skellige in a shirt and plain trousers. Got my ass handed to me by a level 48 Archgriffin :lol.

Heeey, I found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkq9y39xu1k

Please let there be a volume 2 for this soundtrack.

The score from the Beautiful World of the Witcher trailer also is missing. Don't remember hearing it in-game either.

probably because they all have the same face

Witcher 3 |OT4| Everyone was Michael Cera

RedSwirl

Also, I know I'm only a few hours in (I'm only level 4), but my Gwent deck sucks. I can't beat anybody. How do you get cards other than buying them?

Just finished it on death march, extremely close to lvl
. Felt like being part of a movie until the last minute...masterpiece.

Majestad

Banned
Also, I know I'm only a few hours in (I'm only level 4), but my Gwent deck sucks. I can't beat anybody. How do you get cards other than buying them?

Try to find merchants who give you the option to play with them. You'll earn cards from them sometimes after beating them. Also do the early Gwent sidequests. You'll start building a badass deck after beating some of your opponents.

Shit, the high-stakes Gwent tourney is hard as fuk. Can't beat round one. Musta reloaded about 10 times. He keeps unloading spy cards on me and starts round two with about 12 cards.

Also fuk this game's load times!

RedSwirl

Try to find merchants who give you the option to play with them. You'll earn cards from them sometimes after beating them. Also do the early Gwent sidequests. You'll start building a badass deck after beating some of your opponents.

I'm trying to beat the merchants but can't win. I don't think I have enough special cards.

Fuz

Banned
Mastercrafted Feline Armor

Mastercrafted Wolf Armor

These two are the best armor for me.

Wolf looks WAY better in motion than on pictures. IT's my absolute favourite, too bad is hidden in a zone unreachable for quite a while. Cat is ninja-Geralt.
Also, Undvik armor is really beautiful:
skellige-armor-set-preview.jpg

danthefan

Have a daft question - do I only need the ingredients to make each alchemy item (well bombs and potions at least) once, and from there they get topped up using alcohols when I meditate? So use my herbs and stuff once and that's it for that item?

Coreda

Have a daft question - do I only need the ingredients to make each alchemy item (well bombs and potions at least) once, and from there they get topped up using alcohols when I meditate? So use my herbs and stuff once and that's it for that item?

Yes. They only need crafting one time and will be replenished after meditation using available alcohol.

Wolf looks WAY better in motion than on pictures. IT's my absolute favourite, too bad is hidden in a zone unreachable for quite a while. Cat is ninja-Geralt.
Also, Undvik armor is really beautiful:
http://static.gosunoob.com/img/1/2015/06/skellige-armor-set-preview.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Haven't seen that one before, it does look pretty great. I bet it's heavy armor though, or at the very least medium, with some shitty defensive stats. Looks nice indeed though, however not as good as Cat and Wolf imo.

Shit, the high-stakes Gwent tourney is hard as fuk. Can't beat round one. Musta reloaded about 10 times. He keeps unloading spy cards on me and starts round two with about 12 cards.

I'm having the same problem. I don't want to keep reloading it, but I saw there's an achievement for winning the tournament, which I would like to get.

The first opponent is frustratingly hard.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

Did you actually do all the gwent quests beforehand? If you don't have the best deck possible you will absolutely lose.

Auctopus

Going around post-story finding the Witcher armours and the initial Wolf armour looks superb to me. Shame about the stats.

Currently rocking Griffin at Level 11 with a sign build and its kicking ass on my second play through.

Jimrpg

So I just picked this up tonight. Is there anyway to figure out what content to skip so you don't over level?

Just do less of the secondary quests.

I just finished Act 1, might be the longest Act 1 I've ever played.... is Act 2 and Act 3 more or less the same length?

I plan to do some of the secondary quests I haven't done yet before starting Act 2.

Aside from a few technical issues, like combat and general control, this game is a masterpiece... depending on how it finishes, I suspect it has a chance to be my favourite game of all time. Certainly in the Top 5 for now unless it derails horribly.

Lexxism

Getting Wolf Gear late in the game is seriously a bad idea. I don't know why they think it was a good idea. Should had been Velen-Novigrad item. That's why I chose Feline instead of Wolf.

BFIB

Just do less of the secondary quests.

I just finished Act 1, might be the longest Act 1 I've ever played.... is Act 2 and Act 3 more or less the same length?

I plan to do some of the secondary quests I haven't done yet before starting Act 2.

Aside from a few technical issues, like combat and general control, this game is a masterpiece... depending on how it finishes, I suspect it has a chance to be my favourite game of all time. Certainly in the Top 5 for now unless it derails horribly.

I would say acts two and three combined equal the time frame of act 1.

Just got to Velen and the game has its hooks in me. The writing/quests are awesome, like figuring out the backstory of some lord I haven't met and what led him to become a murderous drunk based on dialogue from multiple quests, of which some of both the dialogue and quests were totally optional, was incredible. I couldn't believe how intertwined and fleshed out they made it...and not only that but the politics and character motivations are well thought out and morally ambiguous a lot of the time. Combat, while definitely a bit loose and too magnetic, is pretty satisfying, especially when you cleave dudes in half or lop off their heads. The griffin fight was really fun too. I never mess around with bullshit mini games in RPGs but holy shit even Gwent is fun as hell!

Most of my issues at this point are purely technical; roach controls kinda iffy, actually so does Geralt to an extent, button prompts can be finicky, some frame rate issues, etc. but they pale in comparison to everything the game is doing right. I can't believe I got Bloodborne, this, and shortly MGS V all in the same year. Incredible stuff.

Top Bottom