• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt PS4 Update 1.04 is out!

big_z

Does the xbone version hold 30fps even in the bog?

no it drops to 25 worst case but usually around 27-30. it runs better under load than the ps4 version currently does. it will be interesting to see if the 1.04 patch helps the xbox version even more or if it breaks some stuff in the process. hopefully well find out Monday.

Played all day yesterday and the game is running better than before on ps4. Still some very low framerates in certain areas but nothing game breaking. Still needs to be adressed! CDPR better be focusing 100% on fixing this than on DLC shit!

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
So whats the final consensus on GAF? Should this patch be downloaded or not?
I was excited about it but then read posts saying it has created more problems for some. WTH?

Kaversmed

So whats the final consensus on GAF? Should this patch be downloaded or not?
I was excited about it but then read posts saying it has created more problems for some. WTH?

I fail to see why you shouldn't download it. It fixed so many quest problems and also the very important camera stuttering. I never encountered the framerate, pop-in and texture problems that some are mentioning here.

d9b

Banned
I fail to see why you shouldn't download it. It fixed so many quest problems and also the very important camera stuttering. I never encountered the framerate, pop-in and texture problems that some are mentioning here.
Same here. Not sure if some people are over inflating few hiccups or... ? I don't understand how it can be such a different performance from person to person, on the same hardware. My game runs fine and I don't have any problems with texture loading.
Maybe their hard drives need some free space and some loving or just hyperbole (especially that dude saying that he wants to sell PS4 version and buy XboxOne. Lol)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Does anyone have a recorded play time over 1d8h? Since 1.04 my play time keeps resetting to zero as soon as I hit that. I know it's a very minor issue, but it's driving me insane. Guess I'm a bit OCD about stuff like that, especially since I've carefully been keeping my play time accurate by not suspending the game, etc. Now it seems like that was all for nothing, since it keeps breaking whatever I do now anyway.

I know I've brought this up before, just curious whether there's something about hitting that specific time that breaks it.

NekoFever

Does anyone have a recorded play time over 1d8h? Since 1.04 my play time keeps resetting to zero as soon as I hit that. I know it's a very minor issue, but it's driving me insane. Guess I'm a bit OCD about stuff like that, especially since I've carefully been keeping my play time accurate by not suspending the game, etc. Now it seems like that was all for nothing, since it keeps breaking whatever I do now anyway.

I know I've brought this up before, just curious whether there's something about hitting that specific time that breaks it.
Mine's 10+ days, including suspended time. I haven't paid much attention but it hadn't reset yesterday.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Mine's 10+ days, including suspended time. I haven't paid much attention but it hadn't reset yesterday.

So weird. They must have spent like 10 minutes implementing this features, tested it for 10 seconds ("ok, it's counting up, must be working fine"), and then crossed it off as done. Never seen such a simple feature be so broken before.

Lucian

Regarding menu audio snap, crackle, pop!...
Nope, that started after 1.04. It's fine in-game though.

But it really is kinda shitty that they don't catch stuff like this before releasing patches. They fix one thing and break another...

Thank you. I just started the game for the first time last night. While it sucks, it's a relief that it's a patch issue and not just for me. Whew!

omonimo

Banned
all that trouble for a few fps in specific areas? someone else in one of the previous threads did this too and they immediately regretted it.
Seriously. It runs bad too in the same area on xbone, not the same level of badness but still. And IQ from what I see it's incredibly blurry in details in the long distance. I'm not expect miracle but if they look into, something will be improved surely. Deal a game with the cost of worst IQ for the glory of some fps improvement it's weird. Better buy a PC with the game at this point.imo.

Huddy

Loading seems to take an age, although I'm not sure if patches have made it worse, but after death it's a good 30+ seconds to load a save.

Pimpbaa

Novigrad is just awful in my game. Just running somewhere in the city will result in smeared unloaded textures on walls and the ground, people walking around with invisible body parts, and up to 10 seconds of waiting for NPCs to become interactive at all. Is this universal or is my replaced HDD slowing things down? It's so bad at times I have a hard time believing it would have passed QA like that.

This definitely does not happen to me. If I fast travel to Novigrad maybe, but not walking or running around there. I don't have a stock hard drive (2TB), but I don't think it's any faster (5600rpm).

Mine shows 10d and some such.

I think that is actual in-game days. I have done a lot of meditating.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous

Thanks. Installed it. No problems so far. Feels a little smoother.

This happened to me in an earlier version. I looked at it one night before quitting and it said 2 days 20 something hours. When I looked at it again after playing for several hours it said 2 days 6 hours or something like that. I just quit looking at it after that.

cgcg

no it drops to 25 worst case but usually around 27-30. it runs better under load than the ps4 version currently does. it will be interesting to see if the 1.04 patch helps the xbox version even more or if it breaks some stuff in the process. hopefully well find out Monday.

Actually as of now the X1 version is constantly below 30 around 24 to 28, never hitting 30fps while PS4 version is mostly 30fps but the problem is when it drops, it goes straight to 20 but it stays at 30fps most of the time as shown in the last segment of nxgamer's video.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Mine shows 10d and some such.

I think that is actual in-game days. I have done a lot of meditating.

No, it's (supposed to be) actual time played. The reason you're seeing such a high number is because the game counts suspended time as playtime, and also because it's broken and sometimes decides to add like 8 hours to your time out of nowhere. Or just reset it to zero, apparently.

I know mine was more or less accurate before, because I've been keeping an eye on it, reloading whenever it decided to glitch out, etc. But now I can't seem to stop it resetting itself.

This happened to me in an earlier version. I looked at it one night before quitting and it said 2 days 20 something hours. When I looked at it again after playing for several hours it said 2 days 6 hours or something like that. I just quit looking at it after that.

Very odd. Like I said, mine now resets at just past 1 day 8 hours, or a few minutes after. Don't know what triggers it, it just happens.

TL24

The framerate dip/lag at the end of the game really ruins the fight. Such an epic final fight only to have it ruined by the un-optimized code, I hope they get their shit together because this is the best game I've played on the new next gen consoles.

The framerate dip/lag at the end of the game really ruins the fight. Such an epic final fight only to have it ruined by the un-optimized code, I hope they get their shit together because this is the best game I've played on the new next gen consoles.
Honestly the un optimized code thing to me is bs, PS4 and Xone just can't handle this is game properly, CDPR can't do magic with already outdated hardware

BFIB

I'm seeing improvement when on foot and on Roach, but like others has said the bog and Novigrad are still dropping pretty frequent.

Its not enough to detract from my experience personally, but hopefully for those who are holding out, or stopping until these other issues are remedied, I hope they get ironed out for you.

camac002

Honestly the un optimized code thing to me is bs, PS4 and Xone just can't handle this is game properly, CDPR can't do magic with already outdated hardware

But optimization can also mean tweaking settings and turning things off if need be, specific to the hardware. And that's the real problem. In some areas there's been no consideration for that, they appear to have just ported the PC settings straight across. The rain is a guaranteed problem, so why wasn't it adjusted? Frankly, the rain looks a lot better in other games anyway. Why are they using full resolution alpha effects? Again, I think people would probably prefer softer fog and fire than have it tank when those things appear. The only people to complain would be in a Digital Foundry thread.

There are also fixed scenarios, like the final fight etc. that are obviously predictable and so the frame rate would be the same every time, on every PS4. But they were happy to let it run at 20 fps. If they honestly couldn't get it up to speed, they should have turned effects off, and maybe look for an upgrade through a patch later if possible,

Neofire

What you want to believe is the truth and what it actually is, is two different things. Until you have actually worked on a AAA ps4 or Xbox one game please stop spreading theories.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
This definitely does not happen to me. If I fast travel to Novigrad maybe, but not walking or running around there. I don't have a stock hard drive (2TB), but I don't think it's any faster (5600rpm).

I have a 5600rpm 2TB in mine, digital copy of the game. I've noticed slow loading of elements here and there before, but after the patch I was seeing entire plazas missing ground textures and people walking around with no heads. It smoothed itself out somewhat, and Novigrad never really ran wonderfully, but it's noticeably worse after this patch.

I've switched over to the PC version for the most part, although I'm not too impressed that the 1.05 patch broke the crafting of potions and mutagens.

TL24

That's true to some degree yet take a look at Infamous, that is one of the most beautiful games out with crazy particle effects and other visual wizardry yet it stays at or above 30 fps at all times.

CPDR just dropped the ball but I'm hopeful they'll be able to get things up to speed sooner than later.

Even with these technical issues the Witcher 3 is still one of the best games I've played in a long long time.

daman824

all that trouble for a few fps in specific areas? someone else in one of the previous threads did this too and they immediately regretted it.
Considering it's like a 5/6 fps difference yeah...

That's a pretty big difference for a 30fps game

d9b

Banned
This is ridiculous statement, considering all the problems /bugs/etc PC version is also plagued with.

v1oz

No differences for me with this patch. There are still odd glitches where you have to restart quests same as older versions.
During the battle with the Lubberkin (Barons baby), it fell out over the fence and got stuck outside the castle.
Still frame rate issues in certain areas but it's playable. The text is only a tiny bit better - but this game was definitely designed for playing sat right in front of a monitor, not in a large living room with the telly some distance away.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
So have everyone given up on the hope of a framerate improving patch or is this just being left behind for the crazy hype of E3?

Black Hat

So have everyone given up on the hope of a framerate improving patch or is this just being left behind for the crazy hype of E3?

Hope is still alive.

XGSj6oj.png

ppgsdrX.png

Top Bottom