• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher Season 3 Trailer Revealed | Summer Game Fest

Us book readers waiting for Geralt vs. Vilgerfortz on Thanedd knowing full well the outcome :

Screaming Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

Looked alright to be fair. Shame that season 4 is likely going to be a huge pile of fucking shit. Kind of don't see the point watching this one.

Yeah, because S1 and S2 were so great.

Season 1 was really nice, i watched it twice. There was so much potential.

Season 2 was god awful and surprise, surprise, there's almost no correlation to the books. They ruined almost every single character established in Season 1 which is fucking unbelievable, and ruined the others. Just a lot of bullshit by shitty writers.

Season 3 is going to be as bad, or worse than 2.

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
They push him out of the show, and then like complete hypocrites rely so heavily on his character and VO when it's time to actually sell it to an audience.

This whole thing is sad, because season 1 had real bright spots, and the casting was actually pretty amazing. For instance, I much prefer show Yennefer to any other version.

Really, too bad.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I saw the first episode, and all the time I'm like, who? what? why?

It's like they are writing a show for themselves. Even the recap didn't make any sense or gave you any sense of who any of these people are. How tf am I suppose to remember all of this?

I really liked the first season, the disconnected timelines all coming together. At least there was something interesting.

Then the second season was meh, and I don't think I'm gonna continue with this one. Just a bunch of name dropping diarrhea with mid action scenes that could be from Xena Warrior Princess (and if the show was going for that tone I wouldn't mind, but it's trying to be grander).

I also think the Ciri actor is really lacking any charisma.

Apocryphon

My wife was watching it yesterday and from what I saw it looked and sounded very larpish. Awful dialogue, zero drama, hilarious slow mo combat screens, and hammy acting. Did they complexly change the tone of the show from the first two seasons? It felt very CW.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Never seen this show. He heard it wasn't very good compared to the video games and books.

I'm not sure you're ready for it but if you insist. Keira on the left, and Margerita on the right.

Phillipa's actress was actually enjoyable to watch, she has a strong presence in her scenes, I can't say that for anyone else on the show other than Geralt.

OSglDVY.jpg
Nope. Screw that. I'm out. I'm done. I was going to watch the last season with Cavill, but if they're just going to continue to blackwash every character, I'm done. It's not a television show anymore, it's activism, and poorly written activism at that.

Witcher on Netflix like Altered Carbon, both based in books and both had subpar S2 compared to S1.
I've read the complete series for both Witcher and Alter Carbon and I am a big fan of them, so very disappointed at how Netflix ruined both ips.

I won't be watching S3 of the Witcher already knowing that "the" Witcher won't be returning because of how he feels the show has strayed from the books tells me all I need to know.

Alex11

I saw the first episode, and all the time I'm like, who? what? why?

It's like they are writing a show for themselves. Even the recap didn't make any sense or gave you any sense of who any of these people are. How tf am I suppose to remember all of this?

I really liked the first season, the disconnected timelines all coming together. At least there was something interesting.

Then the second season was meh, and I don't think I'm gonna continue with this one. Just a bunch of name dropping diarrhea with mid action scenes that could be from Xena Warrior Princess (and if the show was going for that tone I wouldn't mind, but it's trying to be grander).

I also think the Ciri actor is really lacking any charisma.
Jesus, I thought that it was just me, fuck if I understood anything that happened in the first 4 episodes, 5 was better with the exception of the repeating scenes, that was very poorly done IMO.

I dunno, IMO at least season 2 had good acting, I really liked it, here is like, whatever, let's just get this done and move on.

And, am I not remembering actors right, or a bunch of them have been replaced?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I'm not sure you're ready for it but if you insist. Keira on the left, and Margerita on the right.

OSglDVY.jpg
"Margarita Laux-Antille emerged from the pool with a splash, spraying water everywhere. Ciri couldn’t stop herself looking. She had seen Yennefer naked on several occasions and hadn’t imagined anyone could have a more shapely figure. She was wrong. Even marble statues of goddesses and nymphs would have blushed at the sight of Margarita Laux-Antille undressed."

:lollipop-medical:

Apocryphon

"Margarita Laux-Antille emerged from the pool with a splash, spraying water everywhere. Ciri couldn’t stop herself looking. She had seen Yennefer naked on several occasions and hadn’t imagined anyone could have a more shapely figure. She was wrong. Even marble statues of goddesses and nymphs would have blushed at the sight of Margarita Laux-Antille undressed."

Blobfish is a shape.

I assume that's from the books? What makes this seem even crazier is don't the sorceresses in the Witcher get to essentially design and reshape their bodies from head to toe with magic upon entering the lodge?

Kyo

Jesus, I thought that it was just me, fuck if I understood anything that happened in the first 4 episodes,
Yeah, three episodes in and we're feeling the same. Who are these people and why should we care? Someone just died and we didn't care for the dramatic scene at all, but at least that leaves one character less to follow in this painfully unfocused plot.

Cavill is just about the only thing that's good about this. And what's with Jaskier now looking and even *sounding* like Tim Minchin?

hlm666

And what's with Jaskier now looking and even *sounding* like Tim Minchin?
hahaha god have they really decided to model him on Tim Minchin, I like the guys stand up (or sit down) comedy and he was funny in californication but come on they have the damn books and the game to get ideas from they don't need to be ripping on someone elses schtick ................

There's no way this is real.

I refuse to believe it.
It really does seem like a parody at this point, doesn't it? If nothing else, at least we can all laugh about it.

So Margarita Laux-Antille as seen in season 3 of The Witcher goes to a doctor, and the doctor says...

Elog

I really liked S1 but felt S2 was a large disappointment. Had low expectations starting to view S3.

For me S3 is so far on par with S1- really nice.

I binged both Season 1 and Season 2 when they released. Season 1 was the better of the two but season 2 was not bad.

Season 3..... so far I am only 3 episodes in and its a real struggle. Fell asleep on all the filler. I assume they are holding on to the good stuff in part 2 of season 3 so I'll trudge through the last 2 of part 1 eventually.

Alex11

Yeah, three episodes in and we're feeling the same. Who are these people and why should we care? Someone just died and we didn't care for the dramatic scene at all, but at least that leaves one character less to follow in this painfully unfocused plot.

Cavill is just about the only thing that's good about this. And what's with Jaskier now looking and even *sounding* like Tim Minchin?
Lol, I didn't make that connection at Jaskier, but with the exception of Cavill, every actor seems to be a step down or bored or I don't know, maybe it's just the script.

And, was it just me, or
"The Wild Hunt thing was a little off, from CGI wise to plot wise?, that scene seemed to just drop from nowhere, and was gone just the same."

flying_sq

IDK about the lore stuff, didn't read the books, or really play the games. Season 3 seems okay, watched the first two episodes so far. Biggest annoyance for me was when Geralt broke that dude's hands, grabbed his sword and then instead of taking like 2 seconds to kill him, decided to just peace out so the plot could happen.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member

Phillipa's actress was actually enjoyable to watch, she has a strong presence in her scenes, I can't say that for anyone else on the show other than Geralt.

OSglDVY.jpg
As a huge books fan and a Slav person, I honestly don't even begin to comprehed the way I should actually react. Same with Лютик (Jasker) changes.

At least we have games, I guess.

I binged it on Friday........extremely uneven. Quality ranges from eye-rollingly bad to pretty good - enough that I want to see Part 2 for better or worse.

At certain points it was so bad I considered turning it off. It's very clear there is a clash of ideas in the show - like in certain scenes it wants to be "Netflix's The Witcher" and then another scene it will feel like "The Witcher" - it was so goddamn jarring. I can absolutely see why Henry bailed and I guarantee with him gone they'll go full "Netflix's The Witcher".

I can't wait to see what he'll do with 40k.

Alex11

As a huge books fan and a Slav person, I honestly don't even begin to comprehed the way I should actually react. Same with Лютик (Jasker) changes.

At least we have games, I guess.
Yeah, I think we are just supposed to deal with it, at this point, there are changes just for the sake of having changes, the more I think about it, the more it annoys me. What do you mean about the Jaskier changes?

Top Bottom