• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher Season 3 Trailer Revealed | Summer Game Fest

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Yeah,
It did strike me that as a bit weird, off character, so in the books, I didn't read them, just cliff notes and youtube explanations etc., he isn't bi I'm guessing, no?
Jasker is the most hetero character in the books and in the games. Radovid is kinda asexual in both the games and thew books, his partner (decidable) is a pure political marriage. The whole setup in the show is borderline bullshit.

Alex11

Jasker is the most hetero character in the books and in the games. Radovid is kinda asexual in both the games and thew books, his partner (decidable) is a pure political marriage. The whole setup in the show is borderline bullshit.
As suspected then, in the games, I know, there was no hint, and I played the games multiple times, that's why it struck me odd, but I wondered, maybe. But now I know it is indeed bullshit and with all the idiotic changes to the characters' appearances, especially those of the witches.

Apocryphon

Yeah, three episodes in and we're feeling the same. Who are these people and why should we care? Someone just died and we didn't care for the dramatic scene at all, but at least that leaves one character less to follow in this painfully unfocused plot.

Cavill is just about the only thing that's good about this. And what's with Jaskier now looking and even *sounding* like Tim Minchin?
My wife said they made him look like Tim Minchin and made his jokes/delivery like Eddie Izzard.

Majukun

too many balls being juggled in these first 5 episodes, and not much being resolved either

also the wild hunt was a joke

SegaManAU

Gold Member
I loved season 1. I couldn't get through season 2. Maybe I should go back and push through it before S3 starts.

Alex11

And that horse riding scene, Jesus Christ, that was jarring, that whole scene was so cheap.

Don't know how everybody feels about this, but I really liked that Yarpen actor, I think his acting is really good, so charismatic and has such good chemistry with everyone.

Also, part of what made S1 great was the gratious nudity. Where the heck was that in S2....lol
On a more serious note, you could tell they were pushing the Witcher character to be a secondary character to Ciri even then in S2. The books do make her more prominent in the later books, but to me, never more so than the Witcher.

Last edited:
Also, part of what made S1 great was the gratious nudity. Where the heck was that in S2....lol
On a more serious note, you could tell they were pushing the Witcher character to be a secondary character to Ciri even then. The books do make her more prominent in the later books, but to me, never more so than the Witcher.

Yennefer too, it may be surprising to some but she doesn't have a prominent presence in the books as some would may think.

The story largely revolves around Geralt, and then Ciri.

Alex11

Jesus, came across some list with things changed between books and the show, I think I need to become more of a glass half full kind of guy and be glad that at least Geralt has hair and kills monsters with a sword.

Top Bottom