• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The wonders of dumpster diving

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekyDad

Any way people can get by in this cruel fucking world without hurting other people, I'm cool with that. Way cool. Might be embarrassing as fuck to talk about and socially disgusting to most, but step back and look at the big picture, and you start to see what types of behavior are truly disgusting, and dumpster diving doesn't come close to the top of the list.

Any way people can get by in this cruel fucking world without hurting other people, I'm cool with that. Way cool. Might be embarrassing as fuck to talk about and socially disgusting to most, but step back and look at the big picture, and you start to see what types of behavior are truly disgusting, and dumpster diving doesn't come close to the top of the list.

Bingo. Ya nailed and say it far better than I could.

Machine

Dumpster diving is one thing that doesn't bother me at all. I would rather see things recycled as opposed to ending up in a landfill.

We've got a Little Caesar's a few blocks from here and one night we were out a bit past midnight so the store was closed. They make Hot 'n' Ready pizzas throughout the entire day and there were about three left at the end of the night and they threw them away, still in pizza box, which we pulled out rather quickly. Reheat in an oven, still good though a bit harder in the crust. Disgusting to think about I suppose but it's a waste, considering there was about three or four pizzas left in there.

Actually kind of curious to try this sometime. The fact that you could practically saved tons of money vs being labeled disgusting might be worth it.

The stuff alone for sure

I'm not sure if this has been posted on this thread or not.

The pro dumpster diver who's making thousands off America's biggest retailers

I don't get why so many people are so vexed by this. I'm someone who has never been in need or want for food and necessities. But I'm definitely considering doing some dumpster diving just to repurpose some things and reduce trash, if even by a fraction. I guess the stigma is too much for some people.

Probably wouldn't go after presihables though, I don't feel particularly safe doing that. It is a shame though that so many restaurants and stores had to stop donating food due to lawsuits though.

Go get food stamps. Stay out of the trash.

I'm assuming that's sarcasm lol. I think for many of the people who do it, It's not about being unable to work, or not having a stable job. It's about sustainable living practices. Something that we're atrociously bad at in the west, especially U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom