• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The World Ends With You - Solo Remix (iPhone/iPad) announced [Out Now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching those dislikes go up is more entertaining than a new game anyway. PFF

c6pucw9n5gu25fa6v.png

sonicmj1

I still have no idea how the partner system is going to work like this.

This would have gone over better if they hadn't bothered with a countdown.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
iOS is great and popular but who wanted this on that platform? I know DS folk or anyone would have taken it on that platform or it's successor. Now I can't buy it anyways since I don't have an iOS device. Talk about brand dilution.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Dat price. At least, it'll make the brand visible again for a TWEWY 2 soon, right?

I mean, rrrrrrrriiiiiight? :(

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
iOS is great and popular but who wanted this on that platform? I know DS folk or anyone would have taken it on that platform or it's successor. Now I can't buy it anyways since I don't have an iOS device. Talk about brand dilution.

It's already on DS!

FStop7

Banned
Having your characters fight together on the same screen means they also have to change a fair amount of dialogue and exposition. In other words, it's part of the story. Ugh.

Ultratech

Yeah, they definitely cleaned up the art. Looks better.

Not a fan of the other features, though.

And ROFL at that $20 price. lol

Goes against the norms for pricing on the App Store in a kinda dumb manner. You can try and say the effort justifies the price, but at that point I'd say they shouldn't have bothered.

Square-Enix doesn't give a fuck about norms.

All about dat paypa.

(Seriously all of their mobile games are expensive as fuck).

suikodan

I simply hate the fact that they're still making two versions instead of a universal one.

Other than that, I loved TWEWY and I am happy that they're not leaving it for dead.

duckroll

I heard when the Youtube trailer hits 1000 dislikes, S-E will cancel all future plans for this franchise. Keep it up people, you can do it! :D

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I voted dislike on Youtube, so I feel like I'm part of the solution.

Though I never played TWEWY on DS. I have it. Been meaning to play it, too. But never quite got there.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Goes against the norms for pricing on the App Store in a kinda dumb manner. You can try and say the effort justifies the price, but at that point I'd say they shouldn't have bothered.

SE already has a bunch of higher priced titles on the platform - and it seem like they are selling enough or they would not continuing with this price strategy.

Price will come down over time, this is the sort of pricing you'll see in future on these sorts of games. 99p games are only that price cause they have to compete, usually not because it means suddenly everyone will buy your games.

Seriously though. If its going to be those prices, update the old game and bring it to the e-shop. Hell, make a fucking sequel instead of putting all your employees on one franchise just to so you can risk the bomba.

I won't pay that price and quite frankly even in the maturing iOS market, thats too steep for a port that removes functions and just makes it look nicer. I don't see the 2 character thing working, even with multi-touch.

An iOS battle game version would have been cool, but this just seems backwards to me.

Having your characters fight together on the same screen means they also have to change a fair amount of dialogue and exposition. In other words, it's part of the story. Ugh.

Eh, for what it's worth they try and justify every single little mechanic in the dialogue, and whilst it's all nice and such those little bits don't exactly impact the actual story in any way, so they can just rewrite it without any damage.

The main problem is it makes an already fairly busy game look even busier... and that's before you get your fat fingers in the way.

SE already has a bunch of higher priced titles on the platform - and it seem like they are selling enough or they would not continuing with this price strategy.

Counter-point: those titles could be performing terribly and Square would still carry on with their strategy because, you know... Square. I dunno if there's much logic at play here. :lol

Not to mention those games have names like "FINAL FANTASY".

wrowa

This is more disappointing than expected.

Judging by the "What's new" page there's litterally no new content worth talking about. The battle system is the obvious downgrade that was expected (I hoped that they would at least work on a completely new battle system, but that was too much to hope for) and I even dislike the new sprites. :/ But, of course, they sell it at a premium price. You can buy the superior DS version for that much money (if you don't happen to live in Europe that is).

GeekyDad

Enjoy the disappointment...

What disappointment? Was expected, and it's absolutely worth what they're asking for it. I think it will likely be more enjoyable on iOS than it was on DS. That being said, I simply can't afford to double dip. But I hope folks who haven't played it take this opportunity to enjoy it at a discount.

Watching those dislikes go up is more entertaining than a new game anyway. PFF

c6pucw9n5gu25fa6v.png

I love how it has more dislikes than actual views!

* - And a good number are mine because I'm mesmerised by seeing how many dislikes this thing can get. It is sad however, nothing TWEWY really deserves this much hate.

Mr. Fix

LOL! Still, I wonder wtf was going on in that twitter guy's mind when he decided to keep hyping it up. He knew people were expecting a sequel. Dude deserves all the flak he's about to get.

I think this is cool.

But I have to ask the same question over and over again:

The game cost like 40$ when it came for DS once. Why is 20$ too much for the same game in an enhanced version on another device?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom