• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The World Ends With You - Solo Remix (iPhone/iPad) announced [Out Now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilletor

Again, I never said people can't enjoy the iOS version, but they are missing out on half of the game in my opinion.

It's just like the people that played the DS version on Easy with 1-second Autoplay on the entire game. They missed the point.

Yeah, how dare people have fun different than me!

Skilletor

Again, you're twisting my words here. I'm saying they're missing out on what they could be playing.

I'm not twisting your words. I don't feel I missed out on anything by having the top screen on automatic. I had fun. I hated taking my eyes away from Neku to play as Joshua. It wasn't fun. You're saying I'm missing out on something. I say I wouldn't play the game if I didn't have that option.

You are trying to dictate what is fun based on how you played the game. There is a reason TWEWY has so many options. IMO, it's part of what makes the game so goddamn amazing. What you're saying is that we should only use certain options to tailor the game the way /you/ played because that's the way "it's meant to be played." If we don't play that way then we're missing out. You straight up said that the iOS version is gimped like, "removing jump from Mario."

I played Ninja Gaiden on Master Ninja. It was fun. Some people played it on Ninja Dog. I'm sure that was fun for them. If that helped them enjoy the game more, who am I to say they're wrong? It is an option in the game. I don't have to play it that way. So why should I care?

heringer

Again, you're twisting my words here. I'm saying they're missing out on what they could be playing.

Problem is, you haven't even played the damn game. It's incredibly short sighted to think this version is "extremely gimped" without even trying it, just because it changes a feature you love. It's a different system, they rebalanced it. How can you be so sure it's bad or super gimped?

But some people just have closed minds like that. To each their own.

Hylian7

Problem is, you haven't even played the damn game. It's incredibly short sighted to think this version is "extremely gimped" without even trying it, just because it changes a feature you love. It's a different system, they rebalanced it. How can you be so sure it's bad or super gimped?

But some people just have closed minds like that. To each their own.

Send me an iPad and I'll play it.

Skilletor

Just look at the bright side guys, this will help fund TWEWY 2!... right?

On 3DS/iOS, where it won't use a 2nd screen for battles since the 3D screen isn't touch screen, and constantly looking up and down between a 3D screen and a 2D one would cause headaches. :p

BJK

Just look at the bright side guys, this will help fund TWEWY 2!... right?

...just like buying Valkyria Chronicles 2 on PSP.

Yes, I realize it's Square-Enix and not Sega, but if the iOS version sells well, its more likely they will make more iOS games than a 3DS version....unfortunately.

raven777

I honestly think this could be a good chance for people to get hands on the game that they might have not played because they didn't own DS.

By looking at info I think they did good job with the port, under the restriction of ios.
And there are probably some things that are better than the original (high-res, uncompressed sound)

Of course the combat might not be as good but still it looks like a good job.

having said that, I am still unhappy about how they didn't make this universal app.
And having countdown to hype fans.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Really enjoying it this time. Gameplay feels so much better than the DS version which, frankly, just didn't work well enough despite the nice concept.

Hylian7

lol now your coming off as a douche instead of just nerdraging

Excuse the bit of sarcasm, but I'm basically saying that I can't play it. If I had an iPad/iPhone, I would probably give it a go and be able to give a better verdict. Now though, all I can do is just look up as much as I can about the game.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Really enjoying it this time. Gameplay feels so much better than the DS version which, frankly, just didn't work well enough despite the nice concept.

Can you explain why "it feels so much better" than on DS. I'm curious how that is even possible....

Huff

Banned
Excuse the bit of sarcasm, but I'm basically saying that I can't play it. If I had an iPad/iPhone, I would probably give it a go and be able to give a better verdict. Now though, all I can do is just look up as much as I can about the game.

then stop worry about a game you can't play or replay the ds game

without insulting us who think this "gimped" combat is better than the 2 screen version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom