• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wrap: JJ Abrams' 'God Particle' to be next in 'Cloverfield' anthology

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
The company that owns Slusho is featured in both movies. In Cloverfield, they're responsible for waking up Clovie. In 10CL, Goodman's character worked for them in their satellite monitoring division and clearly they knew about aliens.

The current fan theory is that all the movies in the Cloverfield anthology series will be connected via the Slusho company. Each movie is a different timeline but Slusho is always responsible for some kind of sci-fi fuck up.

Fun fact, there is a Tagruato skyscraper in San Francisco depicted in the first alt timeline Star Trek.

Its gonna be like DOOM 2016, Slusho opens a facility on Mars and secretly opens portals to hell in order to frack their hell energy to create unlimited quantities of Slusho CODE RED(tm). Thus solving world hunger. But things go awry and now only alternate-alternate universe John Goodman can squeeze his ass into some power armor and kill all the carbonated horrors that await him.
Day 0

Fun fact, there is a Tagruato skyscraper in San Francisco depicted in the first alt timeline Star Trek.

Oh shiiiii-

Schlorgan

Dang. After 10 Cloverfield Lane, I was wanting the next one to just be Aliens but with Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

Only kind of joking.

Its gonna be like DOOM 2016, Slusho opens a facility on Mars and secretly opens portals to hell in order to frack their hell energy to create unlimited quantities of Slusho CODE RED(tm). Thus solving world hunger. But things go awry and now only alternate-alternate universe John Goodman can squeeze his ass into some power armor and kill all the carbonated horrors that await him.

Get Sam Raimi in there and it'll be the DOOM movie I've always wanted.

Honestly kind of annoyed this leaked out, I'd rather have found out with the trailer like 10 Cloverfield Lane.
For what it's worth, people have been guessing this since 10 Cloverfield Lane was announced. The God Particle info has been out there for a while, and people made the obvious connection.

SFenton

For what it's worth, people have been guessing this since 10 Cloverfield Lane was announced. The God Particle info has been out there for a while, and people made the obvious connection.

Yep.

The fun in these anthology movies will be figuring out how we get to the sci-fi mayhem. From what I remember of the God Particle synopsis, a bunch of scientists are in space when Earth literally disappears.

That sounds fucking terrifying. I can't wait. I hope they do it right.

Yep.

The fun in these anthology movies will be figuring out how we get to the sci-fi mayhem. From what I remember of the God Particle synopsis, a bunch of scientists are in space when Earth literally disappears.

That sounds fucking terrifying. I can't wait. I hope they do it right.

Holy shit. Can you even imagine??? I would just shit. Maybe never stop. And lots of panicked crying.

If thats not the plot of God Particle I hope it's the plot of something because that is an amazing concept.

Edit:
The plot of the film is said to revolve around an American space station that, after an accident with a particle accelerator, suddenly finds that Earth has vanished altogether. Things get stranger when they then they pick up traces of another space station nearby.
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movie/god-particle-2017#SOrwS0tGmzgAqarx.99

WOOOOOOOO

Ashhong

Sorry for the bump but I just saw that I missed a screening for this last week. Surprised it's so early since the movie got pushed back to 2018. Anybody read any impressions?

Kebiinu

Banned
This bump got me so hyped, thinking we got more info. Lol. Guess ima check Reddit to see if anybody caught that screening you mentioned.

Sorry for the bump but I just saw that I missed a screening for this last week. Surprised it's so early since the movie got pushed back to 2018. Anybody read any impressions?

Thanks for letting me know. I'll be on the lookout for any screenings near me. We always get the big blockbusters 6-8 months early.

sn00zer

The worst parts of Cloverfield Lane were the areas where you could see things hastily reshuffled to fit the Cloverfield rebranding.

This plan of his shouldn't inspire hope in anyone.
Eh not really
the whole ending i thought was a semi fever dream since she clearly doesnt start seeing shit until she pulls off the mask

SpaceWolf

Banned
Curious if people are going to be quite as excited for this as they were for Cloverfield Lane, given that the jig is basically up that these films aren't really going to have anything to do with the original film.

sn00zer

Curious if people are going to be quite as excited for this as they were for Cloverfield Lane, given that the jig is basically up that these films aren't really going to have anything to do with the original film.
Im in the minority but i ended up being way more excited about lane after hearing it thenatically different

SFenton

Im in the minority but i ended up being way more excited about lane after hearing it thenatically different

Same. Go Bad Robot for doing a universe right in their own way instead of copying Marvel like everyone else.

Helps that the two entries have been great so far.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I had no idea this was being made, but the inclusion of the "god particle" sounds cheesy as fuck.

Why? The God particle is the Higgs Boson. It is a particle that can briefly be measured during high energy events at the Large Hadron Collider. It's the particle that gives matter mass.

CERN fired up the Large Hadron Collider in March 2010, before which, there was a series of popular children's books called the Berenstein Bears.

Cipherr

The only way these movies are connected is that you'll keep giving them money for having the word "Cloverfield" in the title, so they'll keep slapping the Cloverfield name on these movies that have nothing to do with each other.

And it'll work too.

1. Find script with some sort of vague mystery.
2. Say it's "part of the Cloverfield universe"
3. Profit

As long as Im enjoying the films themselves I don't really care tbh.

Ashhong

This bump got me so hyped, thinking we got more info. Lol. Guess ima check Reddit to see if anybody caught that screening you mentioned.

Did you find anyone? I’m surprised, thought it would be bigger on the net unless everyone’s under strict NDA. Wish I saw my email, I would have gone last week

Why? The God particle is the Higgs Boson. It is a particle that can briefly be measured during high energy events at the Large Hadron Collider. It's the particle that gives matter mass.

CERN fired up the Large Hadron Collider in March 2010, before which, there was a series of popular children's books called the Berenstein Bears.

Berenstain

The only way these movies are connected is that you'll keep giving them money for having the word "Cloverfield" in the title, so they'll keep slapping the Cloverfield name on these movies that have nothing to do with each other.

And it'll work too.

1. Find script with some sort of vague mystery.
2. Say it's "part of the Cloverfield universe"
3. Profit

This. Jaybrams knows how to profit off people stupid enough to still say "I hope there's a payoff!"

I'm still salty that 10 Cloverfield Lane was not a direct sequel but the movie was still great, I've accepted it as an anthology and can not wait for particle. I think it'd be neat if they did eventually make a film that makes sense of the connections.

They did? I thought that the alien ship was other members of the Clover monster's race.

Famassu

This. Jaybrams knows how to profit off people stupid enough to still say "I hope there's a payoff!"
Cloverfield Lane was easily one of the best (Hollywood) movies of the year. Nothing stupid about people going to see it. As long as they don't dip too much in quality & keep doing half decent movies, nothing stupid about it in the future either.

Can't wait!!

I was lukewarm on Cloverfield but LOVED Lane. Looking forwar to it!

Imagine if Black Mirror decided to somehow tie them al together. Fuck that, leave the connections to Slusho/Tagruato Easter eggs.
Disagree 1000%, I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE if Black Mirror tied every episode together in a final act twist similar to (spoilers for a Canadian horror show)
Darknet
. It would bring Black Mirror from one of my all time favorites to legendary status for me.

Give me as many connected universes as possible please ;;

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death

Or maybe he's profiting off people that enjoyed the first two movies with Cloverfield in the title and are interested in seeing a third.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Black Mirror does tie all its stories together. Most of the episodes constantly make reference to each other, especially in "White Christmas", that makes in-universe references to every episode that had aired at that point. There are a lot of clues planted that seem to hint pretty strongly that all these stories take place in the same universe.

SilentRob

Cloverfield Lane was legit the scariest, most tense horror film I have seen in a long time...and it's not even really a horror film. John Goodman was fucking terrifying. The synopsis for this one sounds interesting, looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom