• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Zelda TP spoiler thread: ALL SPOILERS IN HERE OR ELSE (late game spoilers itt)

It'd be cool if new Link could fight an older Link. Like one in his 40s or something. And the older Link would use all the good old weapons like the boomerang and the bow and the biggoron's sword or something. And it'd be a nice fun challenging battle.

Fireblend

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
AH damn he did move to the crappy GameFAQs Zelda boards

Why won't he just create some random wordpress blog and put the info there? What's with the "let's invade forums and create problems" attitude?:lol

Fireblend said:
Why won't he just create some random wordpress blog and put the info there? What's with the "let's invade forums and create problems" attitude?:lol

Seriously I told him to Blog it... its free... Gamespot won't allow it...

Beezy

Argh! I don't know if I should look at the Ganon pic or not! I can't believe most of you will be playing TP this time next weekend I won't. I feel like crying.
Seriously.

:(

Fireblend

Banned
Beezy said:
Argh! I don't know if I should look at the Ganon pic or not! I can't believe most of you will be playing TP this time next weekend I won't. I feel like crying.
Seriously.

:(

If you're gonna get the Wii soon, then wait; it'll be worth it. Unless you're getting it like me around January, in which case it's much likely you'll get spoiled eventually anyway.

gamergirly said:
Damn. That means Im not going to be able to get any help if I get stuck :D

this stuff is in the forums (which I doubt this guy will get away with again)... you are only surfing walk-throughs if you need help

Damn he did post some bits about new dungeons too I wanna know more

Beezy

Fireblend said:
If you're gonna get the Wii soon, then wait; it'll be worth it. Unless you're getting it like me around January, in which case it's much likely you'll get spoiled eventually anyway.

I dunno when I'll be able to get a Wii...

Fireblend

Banned
I dunno if he's a fake or not, but here's what theignguy just said in Gamefaqs: (No spoilers, don't worry)

I haven't posted in a little bit because I've been writing a big recap of what's happened so far. I'm going to post it (complete with my pictures) on my website, and I'll post the URL here for anyone who wants to see it. OBVIOUSLY this will contain spoilers, and I'll make that abundantly clear when I post the URL.

So let's wait :eek:

Amir0x

Banned
I wish there was a way to ban myself from this thread, this is the truest form of 'moth to a flame' I've ever experienced

Beezy

MindCollizion said:
Ganondorf looks great! Think Midna has him captured?!

but also..... that Link DIES!?!? I seriously cannot wait to see this myself!

AAAAAAAHHH! IF YOU JUST CAME TO TAKE A PEEK INTO THIS THREAD, DO NOT READ THIS SPOILER!

MGrant

Damn, gents, damn I say. I must go play some more Majora's Mask to prevent myself from losing control. I cannot read any more spoilers. I need my Zelda fix, and I need it now.

Beezy

Fireblend said:
Agree. It would definitely be the ultimate spoiler.

It's definitely the worse spoiler that I've ever read. :(

**** it! I'm looking at the Ganon pics! They can't be worse than the spoiler that I just read!

*looks*

OH MY GOD

MGrant

If it turns out to be true, I hope they pull it off well. Because a good number of people have suspected it would happen anyway.

MindCollizion said:
yeah. was it all made up? That's why I'm saying it's supposedly true im not sure but thats what theyre saying...

please do not post anything that the GuyFromIGN has not posted
GameFAQs is full of tards, you got my hopes up

spoiler url is up at gamfaqs.

edit: Same shit that was in the ign thread so far.

edit number 2:

A tempation for the weak
If you're looking to avoid spoilers, stay away from this article. I've posted some of this information on various message boards, and several people were upset about the story details I revealed. Threads were deleted, people got pissed, etc etc etc. So…I can’t make it any clearer…DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU WANT TO AVOID SPOILERS.

Many people have told me that media outlets cannot post this information until Friday. Despite this, I specifically asked about embargoes with my Nintendo rep, and was given permission to “write and post away.” If Nintendo asks me to stop posting information, I will do so immediately.
My progress so far:

I’m four dungeons and 20 hours into it. In order, I’ve gone through a forest temple, Goron Mines (a fire temple on Death Mountain), Lakebed Cavern (water temple at the bottom of Lake Hylia), and Arbiter’s Grounds (sand temple with tons of midget skeletons, phantom rats, and bugs).

The boss of Goron Mines is the fire creature from the E3 demo and several trailers. Lakebed Cavern’s main foe is a tentacled swimming beast that resembles a Shadow of the Colossus boss fight. The best so far is the guardian of Arbiter’s Grounds.

He starts out in a giant sand pit, complete with skeleton soldiers protecting him. You have to ride the “spinner” item into his vertebrae and destroy his spinal column. After this, his head starts flying around and spitting fireballs at you as you ride along grooves in the wall and attack him.

I’ve received the Master Sword, the Hylian Shield, and the Zora’s Armor. This armor lets you swim underwater, but also makes you more vulnerable to fire and ice attacks.

The early parts of the story involve Twilight creeping over the land, causing its inhabitants to become terrified spirits. In this realm, Link becomes a wolf that is ridden by a strange creature named Midna. Flashbacks show Zant, the Twilight King, storming the castle. Later details reveal that Midna and Zant were formerly in the same tribe, but it’s not clear yet whether or not Midna is evil.

An extremely odd cutscene shows three Dark Links looking at the Twilight King’s armor while on top of a grassy hill. It then shows Link and his friend Ilia watching them. Ilia’s eyes then go completely white, and she clutches a knife. The next shot shows a sword hitting the ground, and then pans up to show Link’s eyes similarly “whited-out.” It then shows Link standing with two Shadow Links. This was probably the most creepy and surreal cutscene in Zelda history.

And now for the big spoiler that many Zelda fans have been waiting for. Ganondorf is most definitely in the game. I’ve only seen him in one cutscene so far, and he was chained to a giant rock by some ghostly figures. A sword was thrust through his chest, at which point he broke free and attacked one of them. After this, they banished him into a portal (which is most likely the Twilight Realm, but I don’t know for sure yet).

After that, I was told to find the missing pieces of the broken Twilight Mirror. One is hidden in snowy mountains, another in a grove, and another in “the heavens.” I assume these locations will be the fifth, sixth, and seventh dungeons. I believe the game is supposed to include nine dungeons, so there’s still a ton of gameplay to be found here.

Item-wise, I’ve received the Gale Boomerang, bombs, the slingshot, the bow and arrow, the iron boots, the Clawshot, and a great new tool called the Spinner. It looks like a top, and you can surf around on it over sandtraps, as well as follow along grooves in the wall.

I’ve still got quite a ways to go, and I’ll try to get a couple more updates in before the full review

Fireblend

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
Its him!

He posted on IGN! SPOILER SUIT ON!

SPOILERS ARE GO!

c174.jpg

START SPOILERS MANEUVERS

Amir0x

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
Sensei lied to me :(
I have yet to be awarded a Wii so I am punishing myself :)

I got enough views to get a DS Lite... I will order the DS lite... then sell it for 100 bucks and buy TWO games :lol

MindCollizion said:
Ganondorf looks great! Think Midna has him captured?!

but also..... that Link DIES!?!? I seriously cannot wait to see this myself!

Haha, this proves me right, then. -Gloats because people said he was wrong-

Top Bottom