• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Zero Punctuation Thread

NZNova

Too bad that Hitman Absolution trailer was so shitty and seemed completely at odds with the gameplay they showed. Whoever thought that trailer was a good idea needs their head examined.

Well, it seemed he mostly looked trailers instead of actual gameplay walkthroughs.
What's the word on the authenticity of that gameplay though?

I saw the footage for the first time after watching his E3 rundown... I hope no one's really thinking that the actual game is going to be anywhere near to what they're showing off. It's all scripted hocus pocus.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Fucking hilarious video! XD I love the bit about his concern about how what's supposed to sell him on the game is that you stab people in the neck. XD

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Probably the best ep in a while. "Fat nerd's flab shelf" and the fake out intro got me. It's like two reviews in one!

Also that PC forum post sounds like it could have been from GAF, lol.

AHA-Lambda

Just played the demo for QC, already agree with him on the first person platforming bit, god almighty. Even then wasn't otherwise impressed by what the demo had, disappointing :(

I thought the framerate looked a little iffy in Giantbomb's Quicklook. I assumed it was just the the stream/encoder/my browser but... I guess not?

shame

Ridley327

I thought the framerate looked a little iffy in Giantbomb's Quicklook. I assumed it was just the the stream/encoder/my browser but... I guess not?

shame

It has surprisingly inconsistent performance issues for such a simple-looking game. I do have to wonder how the console versions will fair if there are these kinds of problems on the PC version.

mister anonymous is right though. It's implied with PC gaming that you go for max specs, not your average machine. That's like playing demanding games on integrated graphics sets and then complaining about the game and not your shitty hardware.

It's really not the same thing as console gaming.

(people have similar confusions about Apple when they think that changing the color of the system means CHOICE. Let's not notice the fact that every single laptop or OEM system gives more choice than that by default. Apple's major innovation with the iPhone/ iPad has been bringing back Henry Ford, not all the other nonsense)

That said, the game does stutter when moving 'too fast' to new rooms, which would explain those repeating corridors as well. This is a loading issue however, and not something that one should take out on the game / engine or hardware in particular.

Do note that the game has no load screens, unlike Portal 2.

UrbanRats

So another garbage game from Grasshopper/Suda...how in hell this horrible studio still get publishers and release games?

I don't know if i'd say garbage (as i haven't directly played the game), but the quicklook i've seen was incredibly dull, and the humor got old very fast.

Man I know I'm going to like spec ops, now I just need it to be 30$ or less so I can get on with enjoying it.

That review was not very funny, but it does make me want the game very badly.

Eusis

That review reminds me why I keep watching, especially for games I don't know/care about, I might actually be hit with a surprise every so often.

Luigiv

Didn't have much interest in spec ops the line but now I do. Really good and original stories in video games are dime a dozen lately.

Wait, what? You do realise "a dime a dozen" means plentiful to the point of over satirisation right?

If you actually meant what you wrote then you're delusional, crazy and are in desperate need of help. If you thought that "dime a dozen" meant the opposite of what it actually means well you still need help though of a less serious nature.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Man I know I'm going to like spec ops, now I just need it to be 30$ or less so I can get on with enjoying it.

That review was not very funny, but it does make me want the game very badly.

It's $25 for PC on Amazon right now, and it activates on Steam.

The game is great, I beat it last week and I still think about it if I'm just laying in bed with nothing going on.

it's funny, I was sucked into buying spec ops for much the same reasons he says it's great but the shonky gameplay pissed me off too much to continue past about the halfway point. perhaps I'd better finish it this weekend.

Top Bottom