• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There's Now an E3 Press Conference For The PC, Hosted By Day9 [Up: More Devs]

More participants:

ArenaNet (Heart of Thorns)
CCP Games (no idea, Valkyrie maybe)
Creative Assembly (TW Warhammer)
Fullbright (Tacoma)
Frictional Games (SOMA)
Frontier (more Elite, I guess, or Coaster Park Tycoon)
Nexon (no idea, but with Splash Damage being there, maybe Dirty Bomb)
Pixel Titans (STRAFE)
SCS Games (American Truck Simulator, maybe?)
Splash Damage (Dirty Bomb)

http://www.pcgamer.com/more-developers-announced-for-the-pc-gaming-show-at-e3/

Still no Stardock so I guess there's no chance of a Star Control reboot teaser.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
That's awesome. I tried getting a spot but they said the response was "tremendous", and it looks like they're rackin' up the big names which is great. This is gonna be the best E3 ever.

kulapik

That's awesome. I tried getting a spot but they said the response was "tremendous", and it looks like they're rackin' up the big names which is great. This is gonna be the best E3 ever.

Hmm, I wonder what do you have to announce... if it's as good as CSD I'm in.

Nzyme32

Hoping they keep some of the heavy hitting devs or those with exciting new stuff as a surprise rather than reveal them all

Since Splash Damage will be there to talk about Dirty Bomb, what else could Nexon talk about? Is that GitS game coming to the West?

Boogdud

This is really cool, but I'm not a fan of having a youtuber/streamer host it. Did we learn nothing from Tobuscus at the Ubisoft conference a few years ago?

Day9 is genuine, I think he's more than up for the task. He has a great personality and can obviously cast, he's good people.

Lingitiz

Since Splash Damage will be there to talk about Dirty Bomb, what else could Nexon talk about? Is that GitS game coming to the West?

Nexon is the publisher for CliffyB's new game right? I guess we can expect Project Bluestreak in some form since they did recently show off some in-engine stuff.

Looked up the Nexon investor call, this is what they have planned for the year and onward. Also they have a yet to be announced game by UFG (Sleeping Dogs) coming up.

evafke.png

might be they're just going to give a general rundown on their plans and highlight Dirty Bomb and Bluestreak

Nexon is the publisher for CliffyB's new game right? I guess we can expect Project Bluestreak in some form since they did recently show off some in-engine stuff.

Yes. CliffyB's going to be there though.

Genio88

That's great, i hope it'll be the start of a great era for PC gaming, DirectX 12 should help a lot too, weird not to see Nvidia among those names, a GTX 980ti and R9 390X presentation on the same stage at E3' PC conference would be great.
Plus i'm still waiting for AMD or Nvidia to finally create a development team to make their own PC exclusive games

That's great, i hope it'll be the start of a great era for PC gaming, DirectX 12 should help a lot too, weird not to see Nvidia among those names, a GTX 980ti and R9 390X presentation on the same stage at E3' PC conference would be great.
Plus i'm still waiting for AMD or Nvidia to finally create a development team to make their own PC exclusive games

Well, considering AMD is sponsoring this, not surprised haha.

Compsiox

Banned
He said some pretty negative things in the past about PC gaming. It was a long time ago and he has since changed his tune but it will still feel a bit weird to see him on stage.
Now I don't want him there. The opportunity to make money probably changed his tune.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Nexon has three Western PC games to my knowledge.

1.) Dirty Bomb (Splash Damage)
2.) Bluestreak (Boss Key/CliffyB)
3.) United Front's mystery game

I wonder if they're there for #3 as a surprise if they listed the other two separately.

Rathorial

Glad it exists, been a long time coming, and it can't be worse than Ubisoft's press conference.

What matters to me is they don't just bring on companies to shill existing products, small updates, DLC or expansions. I wanna see a good amount of new stuff, and would like more to see more indie devs.

The PC has more releases than any of the 3 console makers, and more chances a few of those releases are amazing, so I wanna see that on display than just echoes of the other conferences using the same games.

This is really cool, but I'm not a fan of having a youtuber/streamer host it. Did we learn nothing from Tobuscus at the Ubisoft conference a few years ago?

Day[9] has hosting experience from casting SC2 tournaments, for example. I think he will do fine. Also, from what I heard, this show will be more like one of those talk shows rather than a traditional press event.

Phamit

CliffyB said on Twitter today, that E3 wouldn't make sense for them

E3 doesn't make sense for BKP right now.

That said, from industry chats I've had over the last week expect some craziness- on all sides. :)

So, it's going to be similar to what he did at the Nvidia 24h stream, where talked a bit about what they're doing and how PC is cool etc, but not going to show anything Bluestreak related.

Nexon has three Western PC games to my knowledge.

1.) Dirty Bomb (Splash Damage)
2.) Bluestreak (Boss Key/CliffyB)
3.) United Front's mystery game

I wonder if they're there for #3 as a surprise if they listed the other two separately.

That seems like a good guess. Or just to talk about PC in general, how's it going for them etc

Bry0

I am pretty sure an expansion pack was planned for Arma 3, so it may be a bit of that alongside DayZ.

Aroll

Anyone else feel like it's odd having a PC presser and Valve not being there? Considering that I assume more than half of PC gaming is consumed through Steam, not having them part of it feels like a really incomplete conference. Obviously, getting Blizzard is a pretty big deal, assuming they show off something new.

cripterion

No one from CDPR to talk about a future DX12 patch? Color me disappointed :p

More seriously that's nice. Need more info on Total Warhammer!

Hoping to see something about Coaster Park Tycoon. I suppose Frontier being there will be about Elite, but it would be so cool to see a small trailer of CPT.
They need all that momentum of RCTW going to suck major balls, and atari fucking it up.
The king is dead, long live the king, and all that.

wildfire

Banned

Ha. Day9 is awesome. He's excellent at providing post game analysis of Starcraft games and he's just a very personal guy in general. Day9 actually has the organizational and people skills to be a host.

Foffy

Banned
Wonder if E3 will be the time for Bohemia to show off their ArmA III expansion. I believe it's supposed to be set in Asia, which is new for the franchise.

ducksauce

Anyone else feel like it's odd having a PC presser and Valve not being there? Considering that I assume more than half of PC gaming is consumed through Steam, not having them part of it feels like a really incomplete conference. Obviously, getting Blizzard is a pretty big deal, assuming they show off something new.

I'm disappointed Valve isn't going to be there but I can't say I'm surprised. I get the impressions that they just don't like doing press or communicating with the public in general. I assume they'll have some kind of event before the Steam machines are released this fall. Hopefully they'll show off a final version of SteamOS and announce more games at some point but who knows.

Top Bottom