• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Will Not Host an E3 Conference or Appear at E3 2019

EDMIX

People tune in to see a slug fest between MS and Sony. Nintendo is on an island of their own so they don’t count in my opinion. E3 without Sony is to many, the death of E3. For me, it will be a less compelling show. I’ll probably not take a day off work next year lol.

Agreed. I think its based on that the cost for the event is becoming a bigger and bigger issue as folks all watch it on Youtube anyway. So Nintendo was pretty sound in their choice to do those directs as putting that content up on Youtube is pretty cheap and gets info out to the masses in mere seconds. Someone was saying that Sony could have been spending upwards to like 100 million on those set ups and maybe it makes sense to scale down and just show trailers as folks are gaming for games, not events.

I mean, look at the gameplay reveal to Cyberpunk 2077, millions of views on youtube and of course we all here are hyped about it....they didn't need to show that E3 to have my money, they did when I saw it up on Youtube lol

Foxbat

Banned
Agreed. I think its based on that the cost for the event is becoming a bigger and bigger issue as folks all watch it on Youtube anyway. So Nintendo was pretty sound in their choice to do those directs as putting that content up on Youtube is pretty cheap and gets info out to the masses in mere seconds. Someone was saying that Sony could have been spending upwards to like 100 million on those set ups and maybe it makes sense to scale down and just show trailers as folks are gaming for games, not events.

I mean, look at the gameplay reveal to Cyberpunk 2077, millions of views on youtube and of course we all here are hyped about it....they didn't need to show that E3 to have my money, they did when I saw it up on Youtube lol

I don't mind Sony taking a year off from E3, but they'd damn well better be back the year after.

Watching MS and Sony slug it out, and getting hyped over all the news at once is when places like Gaf are at their best.

Edit: I'm sure the mods here don't mind though, as I bet they usually work overtime during E3. Lol

Last edited:

EDMIX

I don't mind Sony taking a year off from E3, but they'd damn well better be back the year after.

Watching MS and Sony slug it out, and getting hyped over all the news at once is when places like Gaf are at their best.

Edit: I'm sure the mods here don't mind though, as I bet they usually work overtime during E3. Lol

lol true.

I think Sony will just have directs and put content else where and do its own events. I think it being a fixed time every year also means Sony might have to share stuff they probably don't want to based on those dates. With their own events they can control the traffic and we are now at a time in gaming where news can be found in seconds.

Rockstar has skipped the even for many years now and look at how well Red Dead 2 is doing is sales.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/57989/red-dead-redemption-2-skips-e3-2017/index.html

So we all play games, not events. Maybe Sony will have a direct around E3 in 2020 to bring the slug fest back lol

You will still be able to give your negative comments on Microsoft's E3.

https://www.neogaf.com/search/174486/

Funny how not once did he comment in the Sony E3 topic or suggest they didn't need to be there. Spent more time talking about MS. Typical.

Cyberpunk was also showcased during Microsoft's event, he can't even give them credit for that.

The fact is E3 gets people talking. Even here thousands participate and you will be too. I think we can all expect the same negative vibe from you during and after Microsoft's show.

HyGogg

Banned
I feel like this may be the result of a decision to move PS5 out a bit. They schedule their lineup years in advance and if they've had to push back showing PS5 stuff a bit they may be aware that they don't have enough to impress in a competitive environment like E3 this year.

EDMIX

I feel like this may be the result of a decision to move PS5 out a bit. They schedule their lineup years in advance and if they've had to push back showing PS5 stuff a bit they may be aware that they don't have enough to impress in a competitive environment like E3 this year.

Agreed or enough to warrant such spending. They probably didn't want to reveal some studios games if they are either too early or because the cost just wouldn't justify the expensive reveal.

Agreed or enough to warrant such spending. They probably didn't want to reveal some studios games if they are either too early or because the cost just wouldn't justify the expensive reveal.

And PSX is expendive and.... and....

How about Sony asking their fans what they want?

Just admit it, the last 2 years have already told us the story. Sony has shown (repeatedly) what they already want us to see on the PS4. There is little to talk about other than hosting more musicians to play while displaying more in-depth gameplay on existing titles and multiplat titles.

Sounds like they are trying to bait Microsoft into talking about next gen early.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
And PSX is expendive and.... and....

How about Sony asking their fans what they want?

Just admit it, the last 2 years have already told us the story. Sony has shown (repeatedly) what they already want us to see on the PS4. There is little to talk about other than hosting more musicians to play while displaying more in-depth gameplay on existing titles and multiplat titles.

Sounds like they are trying to bait Microsoft into talking about next gen early.
...Which I dont think Microsoft is going to do. And I'm pretty certain Microsoft expects Sony to wait for them and go first. I will say though -- If ( big IF) Microsoft tosses out Tf numbers at E3, that would tell me they feel pretty confident in what they were able to accomplish and feel pretty certain Sony wont be able to follow suit. I'm not banking on it though.

Phil did commit to bringing another powerful box. And after the schlagging they received at the beginning of this gen for being underpowered, no way they get caught on the tail end of that again.

Now E3 means nothing. Oh boy, people just more proof people will support whatever they do.

Twitch had 2.9 million concurrent viewers. That's just Twitch. YouTube likely a lot more.

Sony does not want to share what they have coming. It's too early for PS5 announcements. They are also repeating a lot of the same content, that's what happens when you show games too early. They are at an impasse and they know they can coast the rest of the generation with no new announcements.

The death nail to all of this is likely their poor E3 this year. Terribly paced and oddly presented. I think this is why Nintendo pulled out too, the audience just didn't serve them well. Directs give them the ability to control the message better.

Shawn Layden needs to go. They should bring somebody with more charisma. Microsoft has had some shitty shows too but the last couple have actually been very good. I expect next year's to improve on them.

Well yes, a couple million viewers checks out, that's the enthusiast base, a 1/10 minority of the overall potential market which numbers in the hundreds of millions, not enough on its own to make a single platform prosper, let alone multiple platforms. you need the 90% and E3 ain't gonna be seen by them. Singular games like Dota and Lol have bigger viewership and more adoring fans than E3.

Last edited:
Well yes, a couple million viewers checks out, that's the enthusiast base, a 1/10 minority of the overall potential market which numbers in the hundreds of millions, not enough on its own to make a single platform prosper, let alone multiple platforms. you need the 90% and E3 ain't gonna be seen by them. Singular games like Dota and Lol have bigger viewership and more adoring fans than E3.

That's concurrent viewers, meaning logged on at one time watching one channel on just Twitch. That's like every PSVR owner watching just on Twitch at once. That's a huge uptick from the year before. All the major publishers will be there in 2019.

Just because Sony wants to take their toys away doesn't mean the show won't go on. PSX is just another example of them blowing their load early of new announcements.

That's OK, they can get Kojima to help tease the PS5. Maybe release about 16 different clips before release. Hopefully by E3 we will know the color of the system.

That's concurrent viewers, meaning logged on at one time watching one channel on just Twitch. That's like every PSVR owner watching just on Twitch at once. That's a huge uptick from the year before. All the major publishers will be there in 2019.

Just because Sony wants to take their toys away doesn't mean the show won't go on. PSX is just another example of them blowing their load early of new announcements.

That's OK, they can get Kojima to help tease the PS5. Maybe release about 16 different clips before release. Hopefully by E3 we will know the color of the system.

Indeed. Let's say ~2-3 million watch this event live, and double that watch later, and then even more watch specific post-streamed shows from the expo. That's still <10 million people. The console/Pc gaming market is comprised of over 150 million users, and mobile gaming is in the 500 million+ range.

Last edited:
Indeed. Let's say ~2-3 million watch this event live, and double that watch later, and then even more watch specific post-streamed shows from the expo. That's still <10 million people. The console/Pc gaming market is comprised of over 150 million users, and mobile gaming is in the 500 million+ range.

So you're saying the PC is an untapped market and Sony should release all their games on it. Awesome, sounds good to me.

And to think, Sony wasted all that money and time doing E3 and PSX all those years. At a time social media and outlets like Twitch didn't even exist!

No I'm not saying that. PC is the biggest market outside of mobile. However the kinds of genres that are big in PC gaming don't lend themselves that well to consoles. So Sony isn't really missing out as its 1st and 2nd parties don't specialize in mmo's and mobas. There's not much overlap, outside of chiefly 3rd party multiplats which pc gets anyway either immediately or later once their timed exclusive run is done.

And to think, Sony wasted all that money and time doing E3 and PSX all those years.

It did waste its time and money, doubly so, for the reasons you cite (no social media to proliferate the enthusiast generated hype). Today I'd say individual twitch streamers and youtubers have a biggerimpact on specific game or console sales than events like E3. The fact that Sony and Nintendo have bailed on it entirely (the two best selling console makers right now) is telling.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Interesting.

So, if Microsoft doesn't show new new big titles, but shows off Halo Infinite, Gears of War 5, Battletoads, Forza 8 at the next E3, that means they've blown their load early, too?

Interesting.

So, if Microsoft doesn't show new new big titles, but shows off Halo Infinite, Gears of War 5, Battletoads, Forza 8 at the next E3, that means they've blown their load early, too?

Half of those games have yet to even been seen before so we are already ahead of Sony's 2017 E3, not 2018.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Half of those games have yet to even been seen before so we are already ahead of Sony's 2017 E3, not 2018.

They would mean their biggest titles revealed at E3 would've already been shown already. Forza 8 is just another installment of the series, similar to MLB The Show. Nioh 2 was teased before, just like how Battletoads was already teased but we have yet to see gameplay footage of both.

This means if MS doesn't show a big new title, then they would be in the same position of "blowing their load too early" according to your logic.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I wonder, without reading the previous seven pages, if this has anything to do with toxic masculinity and gamer identity? I mean maybe Sony just want to distance themselves with traditional gaming platforms, such as E3.

These big conferences are either successful or back fire, and when they back fire these days it's usually because of gamer's toxic masculinity, and they probably don't want to take that risk anymore.

Sucks anyway as I've enjoyed Sony's offering these past few years.

TL;DR: SJW gaming journalism destroys everything.

Man you must be smoking lol!!! How are you going to blame people caring about women? Such a weird way to think about life in general.

Probably the BEST reason I've seen about Sony's decision to skip next E3 that I've read in days.

I wish they were there, even if it's low key because E3 is always a fun time, regardless of who brings what. I don't want to see it go away again. I know there's a million more distribution channels out there now than when E3 started but I don't care. There's something awesome about having that date marked on the calendar to celebrate games. Maybe I'm just old but to me it's a celebration of videogames overall.

Javthusiast

Banned
My biggest enjoyment about e3 is watching conference reactions from groups like GB and EZA. No sony event means less entertainment in that regard, but I can live with that if they do their own thing later that people will react to the same as if it were e3 anyway.^^

Mihos

Gold Member
I think they are skipping it mainly because anything big they could announce will be on PS5, and they are not ready to show that system. It will be a much duller show without them. I would take the day off during their and MS press conferences.

Last edited:

Dunki

My biggest enjoyment about e3 is watching conference reactions from groups like GB and EZA. No sony event means less entertainment in that regard, but I can live with that if they do their own thing later that people will react to the same as if it were e3 anyway.^^
I usually watch Dropped Frames for these events and Easy Allies second (because of the small screen)

GB has become kind of depressing since they suck most of the fun of these.

Javthusiast

Banned
GB has become kind of depressing since they suck most of the fun of these.

Yeah I can see that, but if you watch multiple group reactions it's nice to see other views on these shows, so I still like them for that. And by now I know how they all tick, since I have been following their content for years so it doesn't bother me that much.

Kagero

This is my thought as well. Really, the only people that this really sucks for are the people who attend E3. I consume all that from my home through the internet. They can still be as effective pushing out news during the time of E3 without actually spending money on it. With that said, I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses for Sony. I would still really love it if they showed up at E3, I can just see why they would forgo it.

Man you must be smoking lol!!! How are you going to blame people caring about women? Such a weird way to think about life in general.

I said maybe. Like, maybe Sony have the disease going around these days of believing every gamer is racist sexist scum and don't want to cater to us. I mean, it's current climate, it's not that far off, and of course they wouldn't admit it. I don't smoke, but maybe their audience is too white male for them at E3.

Or the popular opinion on this thread seems to be about not having anything (or are not ready) to announce. Go with that if you like.

I'll get my coat.

Last edited:
They would mean their biggest titles revealed at E3 would've already been shown already. Forza 8 is just another installment of the series, similar to MLB The Show. Nioh 2 was teased before, just like how Battletoads was already teased but we have yet to see gameplay footage of both.

This means if MS doesn't show a big new title, then they would be in the same position of "blowing their load too early" according to your logic.

Interesting. So now you're going to discredit Gran Turismo and compare it to MLB. That's in essence of what you are saying about Forza 8. Maybe you should tell Sony and all of their fans that the next GT revealed is minor.

Battletoads had a logo we know nothing about it. You just don't get it. Sony has been teasing the same games for 2 years now aside from Ghost of Tsushima which we finally got to see in action. Looks awesome by the way. All the rest we've seen. They already had extended gameplay reveals, so what's left? A third party title Nioh 2? Umm, ok. So what about the other 87 minutes of the show? Graphs of how well the PS4 is selling?

Sony is now guarding their stuff. The timing is off and they don't want to share PS5 development. You can't fairly attack Microsoft because they will be there. Once the show is over you can talk. Nintendo will also be there you can't attack them either until the show is over.

This year Microsoft showed some new Halo, had Forza Horizon 4, teased Battletoads and talked about new studios. We have no idea what they will show next year but at least they will be there and I guarantee we will get the same negative comments from those who apparently no longer care about E3.

REDRZA MWS

Gold Member
Dismissing MLB the Show series? One of Sony’s best and most important first party exclusives. Cant even play an MLB sim on the Xbox platform.

Seems that e3 is evolving into a software developer centric event. I'm not entirely upset because i feel we'll get better and more exclusive PS announcements at the end of year Sony exclusive event, but I'm hoping for at least a digital presentation from Sony around e3 time as well. Nothing is more fun than watching all those back to back pressers!

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Interesting. So now you're going to discredit Gran Turismo and compare it to MLB. That's in essence of what you are saying about Forza 8. Maybe you should tell Sony and all of their fans that the next GT revealed is minor.

Battletoads had a logo we know nothing about it. You just don't get it. Sony has been teasing the same games for 2 years now aside from Ghost of Tsushima which we finally got to see in action. Looks awesome by the way. All the rest we've seen. They already had extended gameplay reveals, so what's left? A third party title Nioh 2? Umm, ok. So what about the other 87 minutes of the show? Graphs of how well the PS4 is selling?

Sony is now guarding their stuff. The timing is off and they don't want to share PS5 development. You can't fairly attack Microsoft because they will be there. Once the show is over you can talk. Nintendo will also be there you can't attack them either until the show is over.

This year Microsoft showed some new Halo, had Forza Horizon 4, teased Battletoads and talked about new studios. We have no idea what they will show next year but at least they will be there and I guarantee we will get the same negative comments from those who apparently no longer care about E3.

MLB is released every single year, similar to how a new Forza game is released every single year. BOTH are to be expected at E3 and there is no surprise when it's revealed. I don't know why you bring up GT Sport when there has only been one release this generation and another one is not expected to be shown until next generation.

Battletoads had a logo? Nioh 2 had a short CGI trailer and we don't know how both games are going to look. Last of Us Part II was revealed at PSX 2016 and it did not make an appearance at E3 2017. Another trailer was shown at Paris Game Week and then we finally saw gameplay footage at E3 2018. We already saw Gears of War 5 gameplay footage and they will more than likely show it again at E3 2019.

The point is, most of the games that I mentioned will be shown at E3 2019 and there's a chance that they might have little to show other than the titles that I mentioned.

And what will they show for the other "87 minutes"? Games that will be on other platforms.

If MS doesn't show any big new titles, does this mean they have blown their load too early, too?

How can they not stuff channels, PlayStation is what # on most recognized brand list?
Well doesn't matter to me, but stockholders might be happy yet unhappy at the same time.
MLB is released every single year, similar to how a new Forza game is released every single year. BOTH are to be expected at E3 and there is no surprise when it's revealed. I don't know why you bring up GT Sport when there has only been one release this generation and another one is not expected to be shown until next generation.

Battletoads had a logo? Nioh 2 had a short CGI trailer and we don't know how both games are going to look. Last of Us Part II was revealed at PSX 2016 and it did not make an appearance at E3 2017. Another trailer was shown at Paris Game Week and then we finally saw gameplay footage at E3 2018. We already saw Gears of War 5 gameplay footage and they will more than likely show it again at E3 2019.

The point is, most of the games that I mentioned will be shown at E3 2019 and there's a chance that they might have little to show other than the titles that I mentioned.

And what will they show for the other "87 minutes"? Games that will be on other platforms.

If MS doesn't show any big new titles, does this mean they have blown their load too early, too?

Turn 10 said they are not releasing Forza 8 next year so nobody is expecting it aside from you. Horizon is a different series made by a different developer. So stop giving GT a pass just because they are more incompetent getting games out in a timely fashion. That's one goalpost already you are trying.

If Microsoft shows only games already announced then yes they have blown their load. We don't know yet but at least they aren't arrogant enough to cancel.

But again I will say you guys who apparently now don't care for E3 will watch. All while continuing to put down whatever MS does do. Round and round you go.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Turn 10 said they are not releasing Forza 8 next year so nobody is expecting it aside from you. Horizon is a different series made by a different developer. So stop giving GT a pass just because they are more incompetent getting games out in a timely fashion. That's one goalpost already you are trying.

If Microsoft shows only games already announced then yes they have blown their load. We don't know yet but at least they aren't arrogant enough to cancel.

But again I will say you guys who apparently now don't care for E3 will watch. All while continuing to put down whatever MS does do. Round and round you go.

There's no goalpost moving, I mentioned two games that are expected to make an E3 appearance. Were people surprised to see MLB The Show at E3? No. Were people surprised to see Forza Horizon and Forza Motorsports at E3? No. That's the reason why I mentioned these games specifically because they are not a surprise and they are expected to make an appearance.

For some odd reason, you decide to talk about GT Sport when it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. You're desperately trying to make a point by bringing up GT Sport when it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

So far you have been deflecting the attention away from MS to criticize Sony.

MS has struggled to show of new exclusives this entire generation, but you believe they're more than likely to show off something big at E3.

Sony doesn't have to appear at E3. If they wanted to, they could show off a "Sony Direct" and still have an impact. As for this year, they're in a position to skip and wait until later because they have a strong lineup to close out this generation and there's likely nothing MS can do at E3 to change this.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
There's no goalpost moving, I mentioned two games that are expected to make an E3 appearance. Were people surprised to see MLB The Show at E3? No. Were people surprised to see Forza Horizon and Forza Motorsports at E3? No. That's the reason why I mentioned these games specifically because they are not a surprise and they are expected to make an appearance.

For some odd reason, you decide to talk about GT Sport when it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. You're desperately trying to make a point by bringing up GT Sport when it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

MS has struggled to show of new exclusives this entire generation, but you believe they're more than likely to show off something big at E3.

Sony doesn't have to appear at E3. If they wanted to, they could show off a "Sony Direct" and still have an impact. As for this year, they're in a position to skip and wait until later because they have a strong lineup to close out this generation and there's likely nothing MS can do at E3 to change this.
Concerning the end of your post. especially; if Microsoft were to make an announcement about not appearing at E3. your response and over half the gaming community that arent impressed with the Xbox camp (including journalists) would spew negative comments for weeks on end. Its obvious when you say, " MS has struggled to show of new exclusives this entire generation" Which is patently false. You know it, so do many others. Whether you care for their offerings is a matter of personal taste - we wont even go there.

MY point is simply; if you'd spew negative comments about Microsoft for not showing up to E3 2019. (and you would, and that's okay. I'd be concerned myself) why isnt Sony held to the same standard?

They've NEVER missed an E3 in over two decades. Suddenly they just......flip the script?

Awesome. Then I expect you and anyone who thinks E3 to be a waste of time will ignore the E3 event?

Lol, what's the likelihood of that?

Last edited:

Shin

Banned

Double check before hitting the submit button as you're quoting me in this thread about something I said in another and it's all irrelevant to what you're on about.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Concerning the end of your post. especially; if Microsoft were to make an announcement about not appearing at E3. your response and over half the gaming community that arent impressed with the Xbox camp (including journalists) would spew negative comments for weeks on end. Its obvious when you say, " MS has struggled to show of new exclusives this entire generation" Which is patently false. You know it, so do many others. Whether you care for their offerings is a matter of personal taste - we wont even go there.

MY point is simply; if you'd spew negative comments about Microsoft for not showing up to E3 2019. (and you would, and that's okay. I'd be concerned myself) why isnt Sony held to the same standard?

They've NEVER missed an E3 in over two decades. Suddenly they just......flip the script?

False?

Biggest problem MS had all generation is games.

I know it and so do many others. It's not about personal taste. This is why Phil Spencer made it a point during E3 to talk about studio announcements, Only ones are in denial are the loyal fan base. This has a been a huge concern for MS all generation long.

Awesome, you ignored my points again.

You don't really have any points other than to confirm Sony doesn't have much else to show that they haven't already multiple times. This also explains why they pulled out of PSX as well. Whether Nintendo and Microsoft have much to show is irrelevant because they plan on being there. So you have no idea if they have new stuff or not, Sony now thinks they are either too good for E3 or more likely the timing is off and why they pulled out of PSX too.

This year Microsoft had a great show as far as entertainment value. They wanted to solidify their future (since many here hope they would simply fade away). They did that (confirmed it again at XO18) and also teased what's next. Halo has an impressive new engine, teased Battletoads, confirmed what many exoected with Horizon 4 (arguably the best racing series). They also had a ton of third party games to show off that will be best played on the X or Windows PCs. Sony had a very poorly paced show. One many questioned that attended it too as they had to shuffle from room to room with breaks in between. Games looked great but as a E3 event it was awful. More reasons why they are likely pulling out next year.

Let it go, you don't care about E3 and think it's a waste of money. The rest of us will watch it, thanks. You I imagine will be right there with us no doubt. All eager to shit on whatever it is MS shows. That's the only predictability we have thus far.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
You don't really have any points other than to confirm Sony doesn't have much else to show that they haven't already multiple times. This also explains why they pulled out of PSX as well. Whether Nintendo and Microsoft have much to show is irrelevant because they plan on being there. So you have no idea if they have new stuff or not, Sony now thinks they are either too good for E3 or more likely the timing is off and why they pulled out of PSX too.

This year Microsoft had a great show as far as entertainment value. They wanted to solidify their future (since many here hope they would simply fade away). They did that (confirmed it again at XO18) and also teased what's next. Halo has an impressive new engine, teased Battletoads, confirmed what many exoected with Horizon 4 (arguably the best racing series). They also had a ton of third party games to show off that will be best played on the X or Windows PCs. Sony had a very poorly paced show. One many questioned that attended it too as they had to shuffle from room to room with breaks in between. Games looked great but as a E3 event it was awful. More reasons why they are likely pulling out next year.

Let it go, you don't care about E3 and think it's a waste of money. The rest of us will watch it, thanks. You I imagine will be right there with us no doubt. All eager to shit on whatever it is MS shows. That's the only predictability we have thus far.

More deflection.

Looks like you critize sony for not having anything while giving MS a huge pass.

What big new games did they show at E3 2018?

What new announcements are we going to see at E3 2019?

And great show as far as entertainment value? So it's about entertaining the fans and not showing what they for the future now? After E3 2018, people were saying, "Well, MS did have a great show, but they still didn't show a lot of games."

Tell me what they're going to show at E3 2019. If you can't, then you're basically showing just how bias you are.

More deflection.

Looks like you critize sony for not having anything while giving MS a huge pass.

What big new games did they show at E3 2018?

What new announcements are we going to see at E3 2019?

And great show as far as entertainment value? So it's about entertaining the fans and not showing what they for the future now? After E3 2018, people were saying, "Well, MS did have a great show, but they still didn't show a lot of games."

Tell me what they're going to show at E3 2019. If you can't, then you're basically showing just how bias you are.

I'm deflecting? You're the one who's deflecting because Sony is going to be a no show, everyone else will be there. You're the one trying to summon reasons why, while trying to deflect and wanting to talk about Microsoft instead. You're the one who has no answers why they also slipped PSX.

Then you have the audacity to say I'm biased because we don't know what they will show? They got a whole bunch of new studios they can show what they are up to. They can disclose the new Battletoads the new title Playgrounds RPG is working on.

Seems like all Sony needs to do is have Kojima walk onstage and announce a partnership and they win E3. Yet Microsoft can't with their new studios. Or show Final Fantasy VII remake plus Shenmue 3 years before anything and the audience nearly passes out in excitement. Yet Microsoft can't show what the new studios are up to and I'm the biased one?

Yeah, maybe it's good they won't be there. Saves us all to see such cringe worthy reactions and having that same dedication repeat itself daily on the forums. All while wanting to talk about Microsoft as though they are their arch nemesis. Just like clockwork you're doing exactly that. That my friend is the purest form of deflection.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I'm deflecting? You're the one who's deflecting because Sony is going to be a no show, everyone else will be there. You're the one trying to summon reasons why, while trying to deflect and wanting to talk about Microsoft instead. You're the one who has no answers why they also slipped PSX.

Then you have the audacity to say I'm biased because we don't know what they will show? They got a whole bunch of new studios they can show what they are up to. They can disclose the new Battletoads the new title Playgrounds RPG is working on.

Seems like all Sony needs to do is have Kojima walk onstage and announce a partnership and they win E3. Or show Final Fantasy VII remake plus Shenmue 3 years before anything and the audience nearly passes out in excitement.

Yeah, maybe it's good they won't be there. Saves us all to see such cringe worthy reactions and having that same dedication repeat itself daily on the forums.

I asked you simple questions several times and you ignored them.

I compared games that appear that would appear every year at E3 (MLB The Show and Forza) and for some odd reason you decided to bring up GT Sport.

I asked you which new games are going to show and if the games that I mentioned will be appearing at E3 2019.

You literally gave me no response, even though I asked you multiple times.

You think having an "entertaining conference is enough" and all I'm saying is that Sony can afford to skip E3 this year because it's highly unlikely MS will do anything that will put Sony in a dangerous position to close out this generation. That is why it's ok for them to skip E3 this year, I never said it wasn't important. For some reason, you like to put words in people mouth and just go with it. It's weird.

They got a whole bunch of new studios they can show what they are up to. They can disclose the new Battletoads the new title Playgrounds RPG is working on.

So, you're telling me that the studios can explain what they're working on (likely years away) and that'll be ok? But Sony can't do the same, even though they have titles planned in the future?

I'm calling you bias because of this reason. You're saying Sony blew their load, but it's clear that you're ok with MS not showing many new exclusive\console exclusive titles and that most of the games we have seen before will most likely make another appearance at E3.

My problem with Microsoft is that they were not prepared this generation when it comes to exclusive games. They're using these studio announcements to basically tell fans "You know what, we're be ready next generation." If you think it's unlikely that MS will change the tide and shift gamers attention away from PS at E3 2019, then you should know that skipping E3 is not going to be a huge deal next year.

I asked you simple questions several times and you ignored them.

I compared games that appear that would appear every year at E3 (MLB The Show and Forza) and for some odd reason you decided to bring up GT Sport.

I asked you which new games are going to show and if the games that I mentioned will be appearing at E3 2019.

You literally gave me no response, even though I asked you multiple times.

You think having an "entertaining conference is enough" and all I'm saying is that Sony can afford to skip E3 this year because it's highly unlikely MS will do anything that will put Sony in a dangerous position to close out this generation. That is why it's ok for them to skip E3 this year, I never said it wasn't important. For some reason, you like to put words in people mouth and just go with it. It's weird.

So, you're telling me that the studios can explain what they're working on (likely years away) and that'll be ok? But Sony can't do the same, even though they have titles planned in the future?

I'm calling you bias because of this reason. You're saying Sony blew their load, but it's clear that you're ok with MS not showing many new exclusive\console exclusive titles and that most of the games we have seen before will most likely make another appearance at E3.

My problem with Microsoft is that they were not prepared this generation when it comes to exclusive games. They're using these studio announcements to basically tell fans "You know what, we're be ready next generation." If you think it's unlikely that MS will change the tide and shift gamers attention away from PS at E3 2019, then you should know that skipping E3 is not going to be a huge deal next year.

Why does Microsoft have to put Sony in a dangerous position to have a good E3?

Like holy hell, talking to fanboys is like talking to a fucking wall.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Why does Microsoft have to put Sony in a dangerous position to have a good E3?

You're the one acting like it's a disaster for Sony not appearing at E3, so you should be asking yourself that question.

And no, I'm not being a fanboy, I'm just being reasonable here while fans on here are thinking Sony missing E3 is a major deal.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
2017 e3 sucked bad for Sony. Love my ps4 but Sony and e3 went off the deep end last year.

Dokku

1WU8ron.jpg

autoduelist

Awesome. Then I expect you and anyone who thinks E3 to be a waste of time will ignore the E3 event?

Lol, what's the likelihood of that?

I love E3... But I'll be honest, I only watch the Sony presentation. Ill check out some multiplatform trailers from the ms or studio conferences if they get grassroots notice but otherwise don't really care. I don't have any vested interest in the others. So, yeah, sadly I'll skip watching e3 thus year.

I think a lot of people, likely the majority, only check in on those conferences they have a horse in.

I'm thinking e3 falls at a time where Sony isn't ready to tell us about what they're working on. Sad that affects e3, but I'm okay with it.

I love E3... But I'll be honest, I only watch the Sony presentation. Ill check out some multiplatform trailers from the ms or studio conferences if they get grassroots notice but otherwise don't really care. I don't have any vested interest in the others. So, yeah, sadly I'll skip watching e3 thus year.

I think a lot of people, likely the majority, only check in on those conferences they have a horse in.

I'm thinking e3 falls at a time where Sony isn't ready to tell us about what they're working on. Sad that affects e3, but I'm okay with it.

That's fine but let's not pretend past conferences were not largely made up of third party presentations. Sony decided to try something different this year and it was weird. That should have been like a Nintendo Direct instead, but every other conference of theirs mostly had third party content. Nintendo is the only one who has mainly used its time to show 1st party.

Top Bottom