• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thief - announcment trailer

Hypron

I'll probably wait until a good quality trailer is available. Looking at a next gen trailer in 320p just feels wrong for me.

Salsa

well it certainly looks like they get the concept and the potential of it. Im excited.

totally ok with Garret's voice too

Salsa

They sure said all the right stuff. The benefits of preparation, timing, being a ghost and leaving no trace behind.

But those words don't fit the action at the end.

I think it's pretty obvious they're gonna go the Dishonored sorta route of giving the option to be head-on awful about the systems and play a much more boring game. Im fine as long as they give me the option I want.

They didn't get Hitman dude until last minute, so you never know. I thought the guy sounded fine btw

Yeah he sounds decent, nothing gamebreaking. This isn't something I'm going to bitch about, I just want Stephen back

I really hope they bring back the between-mission cutscenes with Garrett's musings

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Yeah gameplay video is needed.

DXHR was decent but flawed so I need to see what they are doing here.

That trailer was really well done, hopefully they stay true to the Thief formula and don't become another Assassin's Creed.

It's the other way around, Do some research Dishonored cloned Thief....

so you both didn't noticed the stealthy email code :/

Kambing

Was that in game? If it was, then yep, i will be more than satisfied with the graphics next gen. The gameplay seems like it will be bad ass, fitting it's tag line. It's on my list now

EDIT: #TeamReal :p

E3 needs to be here NOW. I will be amazed if that isn't CG. I believe it is the same trailer that was teased with bootleg screen caps a long time ago. The ending scene in the hallway seems familiar.

Palehorse

Agree that Stephen Russell needs to be Garrett, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it if the game kicks butt.

I'll just mentally think of this one Garrett's son or brother to keep the continuity going.

Though...how to explain the eye. Actually is the eye confirmed to be in this one? Or is this more of a reboot?

Better than I was expecting. His face is the same face as the old games btw and he has his mechanical eye. Shame it's not Stephen Russell though.

And please jebus let there be map making tools.

Keasar

Please don't let Garrett be all moody and broody. Please don't let Garrett be all moody and broody. Please don't let Garrett be all moody and broody.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Looks okay. Nothing that spectacular though.

I really hope the game is able to differentiate itself from titles like AC and Dishonored, as I have completely no interest in those franchises anymore.

pringles

This is going to be fantastic. I understand doubters are gonna doubt, but seriously this looks to stay 99% true to the roots. Gorgeous art design too.

One thing I want this game to do: when you're sneaking around and get caught by a guard, somehow make that part of the fun instead of making me reload the last save like I end up doing in most stealth games. Part of it is not putting in stupid achievements like "get through the game without being discovered", and part of it may be things like what we see in the final part of the teaser, giving us some neat tools and moves to get out of sight with.

Top Bottom