• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Things you enjoyed about FF X-2

I really liked Paine as not-Lulu.

Yeah! I thought she was going to be a Lulu copy and paste, but she was her own character. I also enjoyed that while the girls had already met Paine before the game started, they had established a friendship with her.

Her design was very en vogue with the whole pop-punk movement of the early 00's and I thought she was a great addition. Loved that she also had a sense of humor (which Lulu didn't.)

Rezae

I loved the job system. I even platinumed the remaster version on Vita. Story was of course pretty "bleh", but it was fun and gets dumped on a little too hard.

And 1000 Words was a beautiful song. There I said it.

I quite like Paine, actually. She had some pretty significant characterization as well as her own history.

Felt like Rikku took a step back from how she was in X tho.

Mega Tonberries wandering around in Via Infinito was pretty unnerving, and first time encountering that optional desert boss is something you were mentally not prepared for.
Also, I'm not gonna hate on anyone liking 1000 Words.

I still have nightmares about those Mega Tonberries.

Things you enjoyed about FF X-2

Pretty much everything its one of my favorite FF games ever, If i have one complaint i guess the Battle theme could had been better.

Combat, dresspheres, music, overall tone, etc. I think it took a huge hump on FFX and Spira in general, but it was hella fun and fresh so I didn't mind.

HeelPower

I don't understand this criticism. Yuna isn't an idol.

Real Emotion isn't sung by Yuna. LeBlanc stole the songstress dressphere and threw the concert in Luca because she wanted the attention (and probably to discredit Yuna as a serious treasure hunter).

1000 Words is a result of the songstress dressphere reacting to Shinra's sphere display. Lenne's spirit manifests with Yuna to help Yuna bring the people of Spira together and to show the girls what happened during the summoning war and what Bevelle was hiding.

Yuna sings one song, but she isn't a popstar. At the very start of the game, when you steal back the dressphere, there's even that scene of Yuna being possessed by the sphere and dancing to emphasize that she isn't a performer and that Lenne's memories within the sphere are particularly strong.

This is true.

I like how a game mechanic (spheres/dress spheres) actually tie well into the story & lore.

These are the powers of the dress sphere & not literally Yuna becoming a pop idol.Technically anyone could become a pop idol if they come across that dress sphere,much like Leblanc did.

Mockerre

Played it like just after X. Saw the Yuna J-pop intro. Noped and quit. Read something about it on the internet. Noped again and erased it from my head cannon.

It's up there with Casablanca 2.

Top Bottom