• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Disney Star Has Made His WeHo Neighborhood in California "A Living Hell"

KSweeley

Link: http://laist.com/2017/07/18/jake_paul_weho.php

According to this report, people in his neighborhood wants YouTubers to be kicked out: https://mic.com/articles/182398/soc...od-into-a-living-hell-and-war-zone#.7gIJkhcLr

NTYyN2FhMzc3YyMvd1V1UlA1MzljZGpyVEhHOU1xQmdhTFBvajlZPS9maXQtaW4vNzYweDAvZmlsdGVyczpub191cHNjYWxlKCk6Zm9ybWF0KGpwZWcpOnF1YWxpdHkoODApL2h0dHBzOi8vczMuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9wb2xpY3ltaWMtaW1hZ2VzLzU3Nm9tcHBubDlzaWFvaTdqa3JmeW5yaGplbXlzdm1jb3JlYWpxcDR0YWR4OXl1a3FjZHdlMHp3ZG44Z2V5Y3YuanBn.jpg

YjljZjk5Yzk5MiMvWkk3NVRIRGJZTVpvdy16enlIbXNFNE8welZFPS9maXQtaW4vNzYweDAvZmlsdGVyczpub191cHNjYWxlKCk6Zm9ybWF0KGpwZWcpOnF1YWxpdHkoODApL2h0dHBzOi8vczMuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9wb2xpY3ltaWMtaW1hZ2VzL2NsY2llcWRmbmVkZHB3dHJ2azhpdnpndDd3ZmR2ZjZrZXA5NGlzNGEyc3Z4OGdmbGlkaHdkOHJqaTYxamdoMmYuanBn.jpg

Mic reports that Paul and his "squad" use his West Hollywood rental to throw wild parties, do stunts and set furniture alight in an empty pool, all of which is somewhat irksome to his neighbors (who, presumably, didn't sign on to live next door to a Jackass remake set in Dante's seventh circle of hell.)
In an extremely wild KTLA interview on Tuesday, Paul—who boasts an impressive 8.5 million followers on Instagram and YouTube—blithely shoots hoops with his bros and cheers as a mattress goes up in flames in his backyard. Paul appears unconcerned at his neighbors' threat to file a class action public nuisance lawsuit against him, crowing, "The neighbors hate me," as he revs his motorcycle up a quiet West Hollywood side street.
Later in the clip, Paul scales a KTLA news van as a reporter calls out, "Jake, I wouldn't do that...I wouldn't crawl up there." Undaunted in the face of adversity, Paul continues his climb. Once he's back on the ground he offers a word of regret—"Yeah it sucks and I feel bad for them," Paul says of his neighbors. He then ends this statement with a sincere and thoughtful, "Dab." In response to accusations that his stunts have turned the neighborhood into "a war zone" and "a circus," Paul waits a beat, then replies, "I mean...people like going to circuses, right?"
The KTLA interview notes that Paul's lack of discretion about his address draws a lot of young girls to his place, two of whom explain through giggles, "He's funny...and savage." In summation, parents, please keep your teenage daughters out of the West Hollywood area, as the risk of backyard pool fires and unrepentant YouTube dummies is higher than usual this month.

From Mic:

“These Tubeguys” have “got to go”

Mic spoke with two residents of the neighborhood on Thursday. We also obtained transcripts of Jake Paul-related complaints on the local community message board.

In the transcripts, residents plead with their neighbors to help them deal with the social media star’s antics. In one thread titled “U tubers have got to go,” a resident begs the community for help.

“What can we do to move these ‘wasters’ on?” she writes. “Soon someone is going to be hurt with these youngsters hanging around the middle of the road.”

The local resident then posts a follow up thread outlining a scheme to handicap Paul’s viral fame.

“We need to hit these wasters where it hurts them post: their pocketbooks.” she writes. “These Tubeguys are making $$ from people watching their standing-in-street videos. If we all agree to only watch videos taking place inside homes (where let’s face it, they rarely cause congestion), the street video market will quickly tank and they have to rethink their entire business model. But it’s going to take everything in the neighborhood to get this done.”

Unfortunately for the local families who live by Paul, it’s unlikely they’ll have any direct ability to thwart his fame.

Paul’s YouTube videos rack up millions of views soon after they’re posted. Even if every resident in the neighborhood boycotted his content, it wouldn’t be a blip on his radar.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Tubeguys. lol. Their complaints are legitimate and nobody should have to live next to what really does amount to a circus, but this really sounds like the most stereotypical old people getting mad at young person thing ever, especially in the way the complaints are phrased

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
All of these Vine/Insta/YouTube stars comes off as pretty obnoxious. The part where his entourage trails after him is incredibly sad.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Oh a bunch of young girls like hanging out at their LA mansion, partying and setting fire to shit? He's a savage?

Nothing going on there. Nothing.

Quick

Banned
Slightly unrelated, but I remember watching a ton of Vines from popular Viners (now moved onto Instagram and YouTube) and a lot of them seem to live in the same building.

I can only imagine how annoying it is to have to deal with that shit lol.

hollomat

Banned
Hopefully the lawsuit goes through and he has to pay out the ass. I can't imagine working my ass off to afford a place and then living next to this asshole.

If these people want to hit him where it hurts they should start reaching out to YouTube advertisers.

sappyday

My little cousin loves these guys. Wants to be just like them, and that includes the shitty attitude. My little cousin is pretty dumb so every time I explain to him I don't like him watching them he doesn't understand why.

Fuck these guys

jrush64

Banned
Lol I knew it was this guy before I clicked the topic. All I know about him is in that shitty rap video that they made. I prefer the cinemasins version

Kthulhu

How is this even legal? How does his HOA let him get away with this? If ever there was a time for NIMBYism, this is it.

The Paul brothers are fucking scum. It's the first video from H3H3 I watched, and it made me furious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybCeaYsrM6s

These guys look like huge douchebags.

1st in iTunes even for a second for shit that looks like a parody music video. WTF.

All of these Vine/Insta/YouTube stars comes off as pretty obnoxious. The part where his entourage trails after him is incredibly sad.

There's some good ones out there. They just don't have nearly as many subs as the obnoxious ones.

From what I've seen of him not only are they unfunny, unlike ablemorons who can't act, they're also pretty fucking racist and homophobic. Disgrace that Disney hired them tbh

mreddie

Dammit, Disney, stop hiring the douchebag viral stars, there's so many other stars that treat their audience like smart human beings.

This guy makes money by generating controversy. And he generates controversy by being as big a dumbass as possible. This kind of attention is what he wants.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
wAVs1lP.jpg

Trump and everything about 'Tubers'. Unfortunately probably no trashfill mountain to make it a full on prophecy.

blakep267

Making a buck off of old-ass black memes while being a nuisance in the neighborhood.

This is why Trump won.
That's what I'm seeing. Like ain't nobody dab or say "what are thooose" anymore. People stay jockin old stuff from black people. This is all Cam Newtons fault for dabbing so much and giving these little stupid kids something to latch onto

I didn't know the Paul brothers were Disney stars now. I thought they went to YouTube after Vine went under
Only the younger Paul is. Basically he's just there to bring his existing audience to the show. The show itself is aimed more at pre-teen girls so he brings the boys

His music video is legit the whitest thing I've seen in my life what the fuck

Legit the embodiment of the frat fuck who probably calls himself and friends niggas

Dammit, Disney, stop hiring the douchebag viral stars, there's so many other stars that treat their audience like smart human beings.

To be fair to Disney, they hired Jake Paul when he was a much smaller deal, and seemingly a much safer bet. He wasn't doing stuff like this.

Regardless, I think this stunt might actually get him fired. Mitchell Musso and other stars were fired for controversies that generated many less headlines.

Jake Paul's KTLA stunt has the Daily Mail referring to him first and foremost as a "Millennial Disney Star terrorizing his neighborhood" and I doubt Disney wants that attention.

Meanwhile Miley Cyrus had to apologize for dressing too provocatively, and Mitchell Musso was fired immediately for a DUI, almost silently.

Thank god I don't have a daughter, but I have a niece who watches YouTube a lot, although she watches mostly female youtubers and makeup videos.

That's what I'm seeing. Like ain't nobody dab or say "what are thooose" anymore. People stay jockin old stuff from black people. This is all Cam Newtons fault for dabbing so much and giving these little stupid kids something to latch onto

Minstrel shows never died out.

Top Bottom