• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is the greatest videogame patent I've ever read

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
gold45revolver said:
they joined up with me to meet you. one night she asked me, "if we join you, do we get to meet neogaffers?" yes! yes! yes! and they know that not just anyone is accepted here!
:lol

venom2124 said:
This is... unbelievable. As in, I really can't believe I'm reading this.

But the random picture of Prince Goro fits perfectly. Goro looks like what my brain feels like after this thread.

what do you find so strange about the gold 45 revolver / ideas have consequences / moral premise technologies?

it's really quite simple.

It's cool to surf. . . but sometimes. . .

YOU'VE GOT TO COWBOY!!!

Timedog said:
cowboy up, baby!

thanks dude!

my work in the realm of videogames has been so influential that i am considering changing my name from dr. e to dr. ea!

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DrEl...As_formerly_Dr_E_200508_wordspatentsblogs.php

"Dr. E to Change His Name to Dr. EA @ The 2009 Comic-Con! Electronic Arts Finds Great Inspiration and Exalting Direction in Dr. EA's (formerly Dr. E) 2005-08 words/patents/blogs!"

DR. E IS NOW DR. EA! CONSEQUENCES OF MORAL CHOICES! DANTE'S INFERNO! EPIC STORY! HISTORICAL EVENTS! EMOTION! GREAT LITERATURE! THE GREAT BOOKS RENAISSANCE!

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." --Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 - 1860)

Read it all at:
http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DrEl...As_formerly_Dr_E_200508_wordspatentsblogs.php

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I already told you that I don't work in the game industry, but I can make artworks for you for free, using my computer that I own, or art drawings on paper. If you commission me to do a banner or something I'll help out for free. Tell me what I should make. Tell me what I should do. In the end I think your goal is to tell me who I am. Your ideas about game mechanics could tell people who they really are and wipe away years of broken, outdated philosophies that the public gobbles up. I think I know what you mean by fanboys. I want to eliminate them too. Send them back to their mommy with their tails between their legs.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I don't know what to make of this amalgamation of Jedis, Libertarians, commies, vampires, cowbows, hot chicks and Jesus. Haven't played the game and frankly, I'm scared to.

Gomu Gomu

Timedog said:
I already told you that I don't work in the game industry, but I can make artworks for you for free, using my computer that I own, or art drawings on paper. If you commission me to do a banner or something I'll help out for free. Tell me what I should make. Tell me what I should do. In the end I think your goal is to tell me who I am. Your ideas about game mechanics could tell people who they really are and wipe away years of broken, outdated philosophies that the public gobbles up. I think I know what you mean by fanboys. I want to eliminate them too. Send them back to their mommy with their tails between their legs.
:lol :lol

jkanownik

gold45revolver said:
dude! do you ever drive by matador beach? come on by & i'll give you a shirt!

& if you want to get in a picture or two, cool!

Alright I'm there. I don't drive by there but I'll leave work a little early and stop by. PM me the exact address and I'll confirm a time. I'll also give you my work email address.

I will take pics and ask any questions you guys want. Hopefully I'll be able to filter the musings of Dr. E into language NEOGAF understands.

Timedog said:

dude! i'm the biggest fanboy there is!

11comicon45.jpg

comiccon2.jpg

11comiccon44.jpg

comicon7.jpg

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
gold45revolver said:
dude! i'm the biggest fanboy there is!

11comicon45.jpg

comiccon2.jpg

11comiccon44.jpg

comicon7.jpg

That's the good kind of fanboy. I'm talking about the do-nothings, and the status-quo'ers. It looks like you've been trying to cowboy up for some time now. I've been trying to "slow pimp" for months. I want to bring my pimping to a slow simmer until it's just right. Just the right amount of pimp for all parties involved, if you know what I mean. Those women are beautiful, good job. Let's combine our efforts. I could help you with art, or meetings and get togethers, or if you added my name to the patent that would help, or I could meet you in Hawaii in about a month or two when I get my check. I can help fund this using my check, or in the very least I can help funnel your ideas from your patent to the public using various means. It's how all the former greats did it.

jkanownik said:
Alright I'm there. I don't drive by there but I'll leave work a little early and stop by. PM me the exact address and I'll confirm a time. I'll also give you my work email address.

I will take pics and ask any questions you guys want. Hopefully I'll be able to filter the musings of Dr. E into language NEOGAF understands.

dude! facebook me first, or join my twitter!

http://facebook.com/elliot.mcgucken
http://twitter.com/45surf

Timedog said:
That's the good kind of fanboy. I'm talking about the do-nothings, and the status-quo'ers. It looks like you've been trying to cowboy up for some time now. I've been trying to "slow pimp" for months. I want to bring my pimping to a slow simmer until it's just right. Just the right amount of pimp for all parties involved, if you know what I mean. Those women are beautiful, good job. Let's combine our efforts. I could help you with art, or meetings and get togethers, or if you added my name to the patent that would help, or I could meet you in Hawaii in about a month or two when I get my check. I can help fund this using my check, or in the very least I can help funnel your ideas from your patent to the public using various means. It's how all the former greats did it.

rock on!

my patent/research is centered about rendering classical ideals real in the living context.

i hope you get a chance to rock out with some of the follwing books, as they are informing the rising renaissance:

Reading list for Dr. E’s Hero’s Journey into Arts Entrepreneurship & Technology Class:

Opening Books (staple of every class):
The Battle for The Soul of Capitalism, John C. Bogle
The Odyssey, Homer (Homer and Bogle are read in tandem)
The Hero With a Thousand Faces, Joseph Campbell
Dante’s Inferno (we read the love story as a video game, and now Electronics Arts is making a major video game based on it!)

Philosophy:
Socrates’ Apology, Plato
Plato’s Republic (particularly Book VII & The Parable of The Cave)
Aristotle’s Poetics

The American Founding:
The Declaration of Independence
The Constitution
Benjamin Franklin’s Autobiography
(quotes from the Founding Fathers pervade all lectures—with today’s wikiquote/internet, there is no shortage of classical wisdom for every topic)

Economics:
The Theory of Moral Sentiments, Adam Smith
The Wealth of Nations, Adam Smith
The Road to Serfdom, F.A. Hayek
Classical Economics, Thomas Sowell
The Theory of Money and Credit, Ludwig von Mises

Religion:
Exodus (KJV)
The Book of Matthew (KJV)

Literature:
Hamlet, Shakespeare
Moby Dick, Herman Melville
Paradise Lost, Milton
The Iliad, Homer
Virgil’s Aneid (Jefferson wrote in his later years, “they all fall away, one by one, until one is left with Virgil and Homer, and perhaps Homer alone. Ludwig Von Mises adopted a quote from Virgil as his lifelong motto: Tu Ne Cede Malis, Sed Contra Audentior Ito: Do not yield to misfortunes, but advance more boldly to meet them.)

All these books are informing the epic text "THE GOLD 45 REVOLVER: THE 45SURF HERO'S JOURNEY IN ARTS ENTREPRENEURSHIP & TECHNOLOGY"--the mythological roadmap to reaping billions of dollars in tomorrow's videogames, while exalting a cultural renaissance.

Best,

Dr. E :)

truly101 said:
I don't know what to make of this amalgamation of Jedis, Libertarians, commies, vampires, cowbows, hot chicks and Jesus. Haven't played the game and frankly, I'm scared to.

you'll enjoy the game!

the gold gun represents UNC vs. duke's devil in the NCAA final four:

Showdown11B2.jpg

Timedog said:

i've heard that "slow pimp" expression somewhere before... hmmmm ... could you be.... ????

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
gold45revolver said:
i've heard that "slow pimp" expression somewhere before... hmmmm ... could you be.... ????

I could record a song really quick about slow pimpin' if you want me to (?)

gold45revolver said:
Opening Books (staple of every class):
The Battle for The Soul of Capitalism, John C. Bogle
The Odyssey, Homer (Homer and Bogle are read in tandem)
The Hero With a Thousand Faces, Joseph Campbell
Dante’s Inferno (we read the love story as a video game, and now Electronics Arts is making a major video game based on it!)

Philosophy:
Socrates’ Apology, Plato
Plato’s Republic (particularly Book VII & The Parable of The Cave)
Aristotle’s Poetics

The American Founding:
The Declaration of Independence
The Constitution
Benjamin Franklin’s Autobiography
(quotes from the Founding Fathers pervade all lectures—with today’s wikiquote/internet, there is no shortage of classical wisdom for every topic)

Economics:
The Theory of Moral Sentiments, Adam Smith
The Wealth of Nations, Adam Smith
The Road to Serfdom, F.A. Hayek
Classical Economics, Thomas Sowell
The Theory of Money and Credit, Ludwig von Mises

Religion:
Exodus (KJV)
The Book of Matthew (KJV)

Literature:
Hamlet, Shakespeare
Moby Dick, Herman Melville
Paradise Lost, Milton
The Iliad, Homer
Virgil’s Aneid (Jefferson wrote in his later years, “they all fall away, one by one, until one is left with Virgil and Homer, and perhaps Homer alone. Ludwig Von Mises adopted a quote from Virgil as his lifelong motto: Tu Ne Cede Malis, Sed Contra Audentior Ito: Do not yield to misfortunes, but advance more boldly to meet them.)

I gotta say, that reading list is pimpin' and definitely life changing and evolving!

Timedog said:
I could record a song really quick about slow pimpin' if you want me to (?)

Please have at it!

In grad school my girlfriend's drummer x-boyfriend wrote a song about me called Elliot's Mind. In the song he also calls her a bitch. The song makes it sound like he likes me more for stealing her than he enjoyed dating her.

http://jollyroger.com/elliotsmind.mp3

"Elliot's mind is a dangerous place!" feel free to sing along dudes.

It was written during my Phish era, and I would have much preferred a hiphop song--something you can grind to.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Okay I should have the song uploaded soon, give me an hour or so. I didn't have time to write lyrics for a full song though, so it'll be short.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I've read this thread now. I read it a while back when it first was posted and declared it bat-shit insane only to see it resurface again now. I've laughed, I've facepalmed and I've even read one of the wall of text crits.

As far as I can judge any sane response to this thread (be it "comedy" or "wtflol?!") will warp this man's sanity further until it creates a paradox upon itself and the universe will cease to exist.

But I can say this. He does have a talent for getting women out of cloths.

Tbh, all of this reminds me of the scene in Tropic Thunder where Jack Black tries to explain a crazy tactic to get into the base and free Tugg.

kinoki said:
I've read this thread now. I read it a while back when it first was posted and declared it bat-shit insane only to see it resurface again now. I've laughed, I've facepalmed and I've even read one of the wall of text crits.

As far as I can judge any sane response to this thread (be it "comedy" or "wtflol?!") will warp this man's sanity further until it creates a paradox upon itself and the universe will cease to exist.

But I can say this. He does have a talent for getting women out of cloths.

Tbh, all of this reminds me of the scene in Tropic Thunder where Jack Black tries to explain a crazy tactic to get into the base and free Tugg.

& Jack Black's plan worked!

& I too will succeed in saving Western Civilization as well as Country/Western civilization and bringing cowboy boots and cowboy hats on back around watery globe, where Noah's flood has not yet receded!

Timedog said:
I think you'll like it Dr. E! Here's the song:

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/90678-Timedog-SlowPimpin.mp3

What do you think?

dude! that ROCKS!!!

i'm playin' it at my party this weekend.

it might even be better than this song, but we'll let the neogaffers decide-- In grad school my girlfriend's drummer x-boyfriend wrote a song about me called Elliot's Mind. In the song he also calls her a bitch. The song makes it sound like he likes me more for stealing her than he enjoyed dating her.

http://jollyroger.com/elliotsmind.mp3

"Elliot's mind is a dangerous place!" feel free to sing along dudes.

It was written during my Phish era, and I would have much preferred a hiphop song--something you can grind to.

& I can definitely grind to your song dude!

someguyinahat said:
After reading this thread, only one question comes to mind:

Whatever happened to Derek Smart?
He's currently playing his new game demo, All Aspect Warfare, and only just yesterday SomethingAwful members were TK'ing him while he cried about how the terrible physics and graphics were part of the game design.

AAK

I honestly feel like I transcended into some primordial form of pure unadulterated INSANITY!

I've never done drugs before, but I think this sensation going through me right now changes everything.

I honestly feel like I transcended into some primordial form of pure unadulterated INSANITY!

I've never done drugs before, but I think this sensation going through me right now changes everything.

welcome to the brave new world where

hot chicks + great books + black 45surf surfboard = exalted gold 45 revolver video games

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Danthrax said:
Timedog, what in the fuck are you doing?

Somehow, if Dr. E is who he says he is, I think it's only a matter of time before everyone catches on to what he's trying to do. I kind of feel like I'm ahead of the curve on this.

Gomu Gomu

Timedog said:
Somehow, if Dr. E is who he says he is, I think it's only a matter of time before everyone catches on to what he's trying to do. I kind of feel like I'm ahead of the curve on this.
You're enjoying this aren't you :lol .

Timedog said:

I would love to meet the girls in those pictures, too.

Timedog said:

Way ahead of the curve is slow pimpin'!

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DrEl...king_Billions_in_the_Renaissance.php#comments

Exalting/Improving GTA/Gears of War with The Gold 45 Revolver /Ideas Have Consequences/Moral Premise Technology:

Imagine you are standing in Best Buy. There are two versions of Gears of War. In one, the Locust Horde can be reformed and brought over to your side by quoting excerpts from the US Constitution--by engaging in dialogue--and where, in order to win, you are going to need to win their minds/hearts and souls. In the other version, you can only shoot them in campaign after campaign. Which would you buy? Imagine you walk into EB Games, and you have to decide between two versions of GTA. In one, you can only hire and shoot hookers--there is no chance of reforming them nor talking them out of it. In the "Gold 45 Revolver" version of GTA, you can engage in dialogue with the Hooker and hand her copies of the Constitution and Bible, as well as Hayek's The Road to Serfdom, and thus enlist her in your struggle against the fiatocracy, the decline of freedom, and the growth of the corporate-state. She in turn would hand those works to her Pimp who would join you. Which version of GTA would you buy? Obviously the one wired with the novel technology found in "System and method for creating exalted video games and virtual realities wherein ideas have consequences." --http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20090017886

The great thing about this technology is that it would also help the storyless gears create a successful film and franchise.

Already the novel Gold 45 Revolver technology is solving epic, glaring design problems/flaws in games such as Fallout 3, and it is accomplishing this in an elegant, simple manner which will also exalt the gameplay in numerous games and genres, make gaming more fun, and increase both the audience and marketability of the games which adopt the novel technology--it will also be worth tens of millions in generating cool, positive buzz.:

--http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=20908

Where in the prior art can one form a fellowship based upon the ideas/ideals/characters of the NPC’s? In what game does the eventual outcome depend on the character and integrity—the ideals and beliefs—of the fellowship one forms? Re: How much would it be worth to Bethesda/EA/38 Studios/Visceral/Bioware/Ubisoft?

The American Revolution with The Gold 45 Revolver /Ideas Have Consequences/Moral Premise Technology:
How much would it be worth to put the following on a game box? "It is the dawn of the American Revolution, and it is up to you to build the fellowship that will lead the epic battle for freedom. From tavern to tavern you must walk the streets of Boston, listening in on conversations and recruiting those speaking (and oft whispering) of liberty's epic ideals. Redcoats and King George's spies abound, and when you hear the words of Washington, Jefferson, Paine, Madison, Jay, and Hamilton, you must engage the characters by speaking of liberty's ideals yourself; or lose their trust. Throughout you must select the best words to rally and inspire the troops during the fierce war for freedom--to attract the poet warriors with the greatest characters to fight alongside you. Ideas have consequences and word must be matched with deed, as freedom's fate falls upon your shoulders. "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. --Thomas Jefferson""

I argue that such a novel approach to gaming--not only incorporating the words of the actual Founding Fathers--but rendering their consequences (or the dire consequences of their absence)--would be worth hundreds of millions, if not billions.

And wouldn't that be an awesome game??? Imagine meeting Jefferson and Hamilton, finally defined by their greater aspects--their souls, characters, and words--and actually recruiting Washington to command the forces, based upon his words!

"A slender acquaintance with the world must convince every man that actions, not words, are the true criterion of the attachment of friends." --George Washington

"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington
"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company." --George Washington

Yes--of course we could give all the revolutionary soldiers BFGs and Lancer Chainsaws to satiate the fanboys; but the big draw of the game would be its depth and profundity! And imagine that in one of the Taverns is a hooker with a heart of gold. Hire her and kill her, as is exalted in GTA, and the world is lost. Talk to her, and "lady liberty" will tell you where you can find Thomas Paine.

Video games are a crowded art, and many argue there has been little innovation in the past several years (or decades), especially when it comes to depth, meaningful drama, and storytelling. Of course all the PR departments stamp "depth, character, meaningful drama, and epic storytelling!" on the boxes, just as they stamp "Dante's Inferno" on the game which places Beatrice in the diametric opposite locale that Dante did, robbing it of its classical soul and Dante's exalted intent; and nothing really ever changes as the fiatocracy declines, as "Story, drama, character" are payed homage to in corporate press releases, but never in rugged deed.

A small innovation in a field of "crowded art" can go a long, long ways. For instance, applying the patent's same technology to the traditional Vampire/Zombie game would result in the following enhanced gaming experience:

Improving/Exalting Left For Dead (L4D) with The Gold 45 Revolver /Ideas Have Consequences/Moral Premise Technology: --you can wait fro it, or see @ my gamasutra blog now:

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DrEl...king_Billions_in_the_Renaissance.php#comments

MomoPufflet said:
This sounds like a potentially amazing RPG Maker game. Make it happen someone!

Yes--so far everyone's mostly been writing me songs, but I feel that is an excellent idea MomoPufflet: we ought make some games and rescue the gaming industry--sve it from losing billions in mkret cap, laying thousands of people off, all so some fanboy mbas can stroke their egoes/wallets by boring us to death with reskinned, innovation-free hooker-killing technolgies!

We already have the soundtrack for new games!

http://jollyroger.com/elliotsmind.mp3 [Elliot's Mind is a dangerous pla-ace!]
http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/90678-Timedog-SlowPimpin.mp3 "Dr. E is slow pimpin'!"

The new Gold 45 Revolver / Ideas Have Consequences / Moral Premise games will serve people such as Frank @ gamasutra as well as the millions of players who the industry/fanboy mbas is giving the middle finger to because they prefer to 1) lose money/market cap 2) lay off your friends, and 3) create boring, soul-free, storyless games wherein ideas do not have consequences, even though all the corproate hype/PR states that they do!

Frank writes @ Gamasutra (comments section):
http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/AlexanderBrandon/20090803/2658/An_Ode_To_A_Jaded_Gamer.php

"Wow. I agree with you on every point here. Ive been playing games for as long as I can remember and I don't quite enjoy them as much as I used to not because I don't like gaming but because most of the time I get nothing from it. It used to be that I would get immersed in these unreal worlds full of personality and diversity. Nowadays many games feel so shallow and unfinished, concentrating every possible resource graphics and the mindless blasting of dudes (which isn't bad, it just gets old) instead of fleshing out a story and memorable characters. Not even RPG's, who used to reign supreme in the area of storytelling and immersion, do that anymore. I don't know if its that I might be getting old and jaded but if more people continue supporting this argument then maybe, just maybe I'm right in saying that games....are lacking innovation. " --rock on! from http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/AlexanderBrandon/20090803/2658/An_Ode_To_A_Jaded_Gamer.php

Top Bottom