• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is the greatest videogame patent I've ever read

Bob Loblaw said:
Wanna hear something scary.

He's ....he's not trolling.

I sometimes wish I were trolling. That would be easier!

Have you guys seen the 2009 holiday/xmas x-boxes featuring the bleeding-edge technology?

xbox7small24copy.jpg

they come with a free comic con poster of your choice:

comiccon4.jpg

comicon45surf2.jpg

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
What the fuck is going on here. Have we confirmed whether or not this is really the guy with a phd in physics and who created some retina chip or some shit?

Gomu Gomu

Timedog said:
What the fuck is going on here. Have we confirmed whether or not this is really the guy with a phd in physics and who created some retina chip or some shit?
Are you kidding me? :lol Of course not.

Timedog said:

check out the nametag in the above picture.

FoxSpirit

I seriously wonder where this will end up...

But it's the internet. A place of fraud, lies, deceit and decidely bad manners, home of the greater internet fuckwad theory:

14jviox.jpg

Now that's scientific :D

FoxSpirit said:
I seriously wonder where this will end up...

But it's the internet. A place of fraud, lies, deceit and decidely bad manners, home of the greater internet fuckwad theory:

14jviox.jpg

Now that's scientific :D

dude--that's soooooo 2004.

in 2009 i would stick with moving dimensions theory or dx4/dt=ic

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
The more I try and look for information on Elliott McGucken, the more I'm confused. I don't know whether he's a fake, a half-looney/half-genius or seomone else entirely. There's no definite proof one way or another that he is or isn't the real deal.

http://www.pepperdine.edu/pr/releases/2008/march/herosjourney08.htm

http://www.ae2n.net/page7/page39/page39.html

These 2 pages in particular make me think that maybe, just maybe, the crazy guy who posts photos of sexy cowgirls and types incoherent articles, posts and video games patents, and the guy who holds a PhD. in physics and created that retina chip are one and the same.

I'm confused as hell.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Kilrogg said:
The more I try and look for information on Elliott McGucken, the more I'm confused. I don't know whether he's a fake, a half-looney/half-genius or seomone else entirely. There's no definite proof one way or another that he is or isn't the real deal.

http://www.pepperdine.edu/pr/releases/2008/march/herosjourney08.htm

http://www.ae2n.net/page7/page39/page39.html

These 2 pages in particular make me think that maybe, just maybe, the crazy guy who posts photos of sexy cowgirls and types incoherent articles, posts and video games patents, and the guy who holds a PhD. in physics and created that retina chip are one and the same.

I'm confused as hell.

That pepperdine page links to another website that is an insane wall of text.

http://herosjourneyrenaissance.org/

That page has like 20,000 words and an unending stream of links to god knows where. I think this dude lost his fucking mind.

jkanownik

If somebody wants to dream up some crazy adventure for verifying this guy is real, I'm up for it. I work in the industry and drive on PCH to and from work everyday.

jkanownik said:
If somebody wants to dream up some crazy adventure for verifying this guy is real, I'm up for it. I work in the industry and drive on PCH to and from work everyday.

dude! do you ever drive by matador beach? come on by & i'll give you a shirt!

malibumatador45surfswimsuitmodelbik.jpg

& if you want to get in a picture or two, cool!

trinest

jkanownik said:
Do what the guy said. And take pictures if he tries to kill you.

Timedog said:
Okay, I think I'm down. I think I'm down for this. I don't know why or how this is happening. I'll help you. What do I need to do?

http://45surf.com/THE_LEGEND_OF_MCCOY_MOUNTAIN_first-half.pdf (please read & get back to me)
http://mccoymountain.com/

The Legend of McCoy Mountain & The Gold 45 Revolver
The Night The Civil War Was Lost
Renaissance Mountain LLC Productions

You—Princeton graduate Mary McCoy—are shooting a documentary on a
Civil War ghost, entitled The Legend of McCoy Mountain for Sundance.

The film opens as we visit the graveyard where your
great-great-great-great grandfather Johnny McCoy is buried. You'll
give a bit of the Civil War's history & recount the battle of McCoy
Mountain—the abolitionist Johnny McCoy deserted the Confederacy that
rainy night—an act that single-handedly formed the tipping point that
lead to the Union's victory.

You'll get to read & marvel at the eloquence of the Gettysburg
address—your character will bring the exalted spirit of America to
life, and yet, something, about our day and age, eats away at you.
A few days after his desertion, Johnny McCoy was found hanging up on
McCoy Mountain—was he hung by Confederates for desertion? Did the
Union hang him for having been a Confederate? Did he hang himself
because of the guilt he felt for having deserted? Supposedly the
ghost speaks of this once a year, but nobody who hears lives to share
it.

As you complete the prep work before visiting McCoy Mountain, you
become more and more possessed by something—your clothes change, your
look changes—you go from all-American to Goth. You'll get to have fun
with a full range on this project.

Mary McCoy recounts the full legend beside the campfire, "This very
same night in 1864, three Confederate soldiers were sent to kill three
Union lookout sentries at key points along the rugged terrain, to
facilitate a Confederate ambush the next day. Two of the Confederate
soldiers killed the Union sentries, but the third, Ranger McCoy,
alerted the Union sentry. The Union thwarts the ambush at sunrise and
demolishes the Confederate forces, resulting in a resounding defeat
the Confederacy never recovers from."

Mary continues, "The Confederacy discovers McCoy's betrayal, and they
send troops out to his cabin to hang him, but it is too late—they find
his corpse and family hanging atop McCoy Mountain. Did the Union
hang him as the enemy? Did the Confederacy hang him as a traitor?
Did McCoy hang himself?"

Legend has it he appears once a year begging forgiveness for his
betrayal, and if asked, he'll tell the story of the hangings, but
nobody has ever lived to retell his tale. Indeed—over the years,
mysterious hangings, disappearances, and suicides have oft occurred on
McCoy Mountain—the documentarians find the locals referring to it as
"Massacre Mountain."

"Y'all know what Dante's ninth circle of hell was?" An old man sitting
in front of the general store warns them, "It was the traitors—I'm
talkin' about that final ring of fire next to Satan himself. That's
where McCoy's a burnin', and I wouldn't be surprised if someday McCoy
Mountain erupts—not in flame—no—that would be too good for McCoy—but
in ice."

That night they google Dante's Inferno and find out that wikipedia
states, "Ninth Circle: Traitors, distinguished from the "merely"
fraudulent in that their acts involve betraying one in a special
relationship to the betrayer, are frozen in a lake of ice known as
Cocytus." But who were the traitors and to whom or what?

Here's a little movie I put together regaridng the gold 45 revolver for all those who might hate thew giant wall of text above:
http://blip.tv/file/1674625/

Timedog said:
This is just the script to the movie you already posted. What can I do to serve you and help out your cause?

be patient & wait for the october surprise.

& remember that ishmael was saved by queequeg.

& feel free to pm me--everyone else is.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
gold45revolver said:
be patient & wait for the october surprise.

& remember that ishmael was saved by queequeg.

& feel free to pm me--everyone else is.

I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do to serve you, maybe in my hometown, or organizing meetings or something? If not, that's fine. I want to meet you and hear your ideas.

Timedog said:
I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do to serve you, maybe in my hometown, or organizing meetings or something? If not, that's fine. I want to meet you and hear your ideas.

dude! read the great books and classics & be a good citizen! :)

& i think we're arranging a gold 45 revolver get-together in malibu this fall!

might as well work a cowboy bikini contest into the mix, if you guys don't mind.

Timedog said:
how much would it cost to fly from washington state to malibu?

dude! wait until we set something in stone. it could be a couple decades yet before the gaming industry picks up on the billion-dollar gold 45 revolver / ideas have consequences / moral premise technologies.

as it stands now, the fanboy mbas would rather lay off thousands and lose billions in market cap than exalt a cultural renaissance via video games wherein classical ideas and ideals have epic consequences.

the kids are catching on, but the elder mba fanboys have egoes larger than my giant walls of text even, so we are doomed o a few more years of money-losing reskinning of decades-old hooker-killing technologies:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3173757&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Here's the future of gaming, just on case anyone feels like making some money instead of losing it, while exalting the culture, instead of dumbing it down and debauching it:
http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DrElliotMcGucken/1169/

here i am interviewing flint dille and john zuur about their awesome, awesome book!

http://blip.tv/file/1781190/

Video Game Designers Flint Dille & John Zuur Platten on The Chronicles of Riddick, The Ultimate Guide To Video Game Writing and Design, and Hero's Journey Entrepreneurship.

they just did ghost busters!

they're hilarious & awesome dudes.

cooler than the big lebowski even.

enjoy!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
gold45revolver said:
dude! wait until we set something in stone. it could be a couple decades yet before the gaming industry picks up on the billion-dollar gold 45 revolver / ideas have consequences / moral premise technologies.

as it stands now, the fanboy mbas would rather lay off thousands and lose billions in market cap than exalt a cultural renaissance via video games wherein classical ideas and ideals have epic consequences.

the kids are catching on, but the elder mba fanboys have egoes larger than my giant walls of text even, so we are doomed o a few more years of money-losing reskinning of decades-old hooker-killing technologies:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3173757&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Here's the future of gaming, just on case anyone feels like making some money instead of losing it, while exalting the culture, instead of dumbing it down and debauching it:
http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DrElliotMcGucken/1169/

Maybe I can help spread the word so it gets picked up faster. Let me help you out.

Timedog said:
Maybe I can help spread the word so it gets picked up faster. Let me help you out.

feel free dude!

you work in the industry?

someone jsut pm'd me and told me that you are a troll, but i do not believe them, because you too have chosen the gold 45 revolver as your avatar/icon, and they haven't yet.

hteng said:
if we join you, do we get to meet hot babes? lol

they joined up with me to meet you. one night she asked me, "if we join you, do we get to meet neogaffers?" yes! yes! yes! and they know that not just anyone is accepted here!

Oh my god. With that patent one could potentially create a new religion. The patentionists or... whatever

This guy is quite insane.

Vaandaviii said:
Oh my god. With that patent one could potentially create a new religion. The patentionists or... whatever

This guy is quite insane.

If at first an idea does not seem insane, there is no hope for it. --Einstein

I am but mad North-North-West--when the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw. --Shakespeare's Hamlet

There is a method to his madness. --Shakespeare's Hamlet

Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do. --Steven Jobs

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
gold45revolver said:
feel free dude!

you work in the industry?

someone jsut pm'd me and told me that you are a troll, but i do not believe them, because you too have chosen the gold 45 revolver as your avatar/icon, and they haven't yet.

Nah, I don't work in the industry. I just want to see what happens with this. Which GAF member pm'ed you that? I will set them straight.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
What in Christ’s blazing stratosphere of insanity is going? The more I read, the less I understand.

jigsrfvoijSgvrfolikjgvrfi.kolgvbolikjarfgvbikolgvrfbi.Kilgore.kolgvbri,kljugvbrjikolrfgbolik
TIME TRAVEL
GORO.jpg

X1345
My face became nachos at the sound of her voice, barking instructions on how to lift my knees. I’d been vomiting over the banister all morning onto a large black and white map. Children were coloring the colonies with crayons but they were invisible ghost pilots will real rotating heads, so no worries there.
TIME TRAVEL - needs more sauce. Call someone about that. Love you honey!
Two rusted poles were hovering above the drive, the city had spent months trying to have them removed but the poles put up a hell of a fight. Here's another tax credit if you have cats under 17lbs living at home: You can reduce the amount of taxes you owe by up to $1,000 for each qualifying cat under the weight of 17lbs through the Large Cat Credit. With real time velveteen lawyers in plastered lard satchels decomposing and full of grief. The gravity of poorly typed text was hard to see, let alone eat. I don’t think anyone was happy with the results. Why should they be? GORO
The twinkling cricket trinkets were carried by a sound, repeatedly crushed by rubber boots mashing and gnawing their presence. Each step gave way to more glitter, time slowed and a roar from under the boot emanated across every triangular image purifier in history. It was that perfect. Slack jawed grave diggers never looked so clean or important on the slow and triumphant march to better advertising. Their jaws swiveled and clicked with the aid of a precious alloy generally unseen outside of republican miscreant shoe gazing and pterodactyl thump mumbles.
Issabel, I love you but those aren’t my pants.
The doctors frantically looked for a cure like the only man embarrassed by the failure of his laser tits blasting innocent bystanders. Yes, I’ll have several, thank you!

venom2124

This is... unbelievable. As in, I really can't believe I'm reading this.

But the random picture of Prince Goro fits perfectly. Goro looks like what my brain feels like after this thread.

Top Bottom