• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu (12/15)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
kiryogi said:
Considering Trauma Team isn't even out yet? That's just a little silly.
It was mostly a joke to rain on duckroll's parade over a new Atlus IP. I agree that the odds of it being Trauma Center are really low.

neo2046

16947-02-10.jpg

http://book.mycom.co.jp/64dream/16947-02-10.shtml
Nintendo DREAM Feb 2010 special appendix :D
100 pages Zelda artwork collection booklet

Versus XIII, come to me! If he is working on Kingdom Hearts III too, then his team has two massive RPG IP's on the go at once for HD consoles. Thats nuts.

Misterinenja said:
What's the point of using CG at all then? :lol

People doing the CG are not the same people making the actual game. One team can do the CG cutscenes while another works on the actual game.

Takao

Banned
There's a rumor floating around that says either Dimps or Namco Bandai stated in an interview in a newer Famitsu that they're thinking of moving DragonBall Z: Burst Limit 2 from the PS3/360 to become a PSP exclusive. Any truth to that?

shuyin_

Banned
Since there's no official Jump Festa thread, i was hoping Famitsu would have news regarding the SaGa series.

There's a recent rumor about a brand new, unnamed SaGa game to be properly unveiled at Jump Festa this year, with Kobayashi Tomomi doing the artwork.... I guess, it was false?

Dascu

shuyin_ said:
Since there's no official Jump Festa thread, i was hoping Famitsu would have news regarding the SaGa series.

There's a recent rumor about a brand new, unnamed SaGa game to be properly unveiled at Jump Festa this year, with Kobayashi Tomomi doing the artwork.... I guess, it was false?
Isn't Jump Festa over already?

Spiegel

Takao said:
There's a rumor floating around that says either Dimps or Namco Bandai stated in an interview in a newer Famitsu that they're thinking of moving DragonBall Z: Burst Limit 2 from the PS3/360 to become a PSP exclusive. Any truth to that?

It's possible.

Last NPD thread showed how badly Dragon Ball games are bombing in USA so they might try to reduce development costs and maximize their sales in Japan.

Also, Bandai is heavily supporting the psp.

New game from Persona team? I am interest! Probably something PSP/DS so it won't take a massive dev cycle before they get around to "that" :D

New game from Nomura lot? Dissidia 2 surely.

Takao

Banned
Spiegel said:
It's possible.

Last NPD thread showed how badly Dragon Ball games are bombing in USA so they might try to reduce development costs and maximize their sales in Japan.

Also, Bandai is heavily supporting the psp.

Namco Bandai has really mismanaged the property in the west in like four months :lol . Atari was able to get Burst Limit last year to over a million in their territories (which excludes Asia). Releasing on the same day as Modern Warfare 2, and in close proximity to a stack of other DragonBall merch (two other games, new series of DVD releases, new action figures, new CCG, etc.) probably didn't help.

Aru

Galvanise_ said:
Versus XIII, come to me! If he is working on Kingdom Hearts III too, then his team has two massive RPG IP's on the go at once for HD consoles. Thats nuts.

Surely the pre-production has started for KH III, but not development. Most of the team is already doing Versus XIII. We'll have a teaser of the next KH installment at the end of BBS, so we'll see.

I don't think he will give a main KH game to a third party dev. KH DS and GBA were outsourced (for the development, not the game design) because they were spin-offs. BBS is done in-house.

Dali

BattleMonkey said:
People doing the CG are not the same people making the actual game. One team can do the CG cutscenes while another works on the actual game.
Sounds more like a work-flow issue, more than one requiring a solution to a problem that's unsolvable. Prerendered cut scenes will, for the foreseeable future, look better than in-game stuff. They can either A)use in-game assets, less impressive lighting, weaker animation, etc. (essentially do the reverse of what Nomura suggested) or B)just say to hell with the all-out cg cutscenes altogether and do everything realtime or recorded in-engine footage.

Aru said:
Surely the pre-production has started for KH III, but not development. Most of the team is already doing Versus XIII. We'll have a teaser of the next KH installment at the end of BBS, so we'll see.

I don't think he will give a main KH game to a third party dev. KH DS and GBA were outsourced (for the development, not the game design) because they were spin-offs. BBS is done in-house.

Jupiter, the makers of BBS, aren't in house. They've made Spectrobes for Disney.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Bel Marduk said:
Jupiter, the makers of BBS, aren't in house. They've made Spectrobes for Disney.

Im pretty sure Bbs is being developed inhouse and not by Jupiter, maybe you mixed it the CoM for the GBA which was developed by Jupiter.

cw_sasuke said:
Im pretty sure Bbs is being developed inhouse and not by Jupiter, maybe you mixed it the CoM for the GBA which was developed by Jupiter.

IIRC they said the same team that made CoM was making BBS.

Edit: @Spiegel

If that's true...SE mixed me up :p

Spiegel

Bel Marduk said:

No, Square Enix Osaka made the Chain of Memories remake included on KH2 Final Mix +.

Aru

Bel Marduk said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birth_by_Sleep

Birth by Sleep is being developed by the same team behind Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, and will use the same graphical engine as Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII.[28][29] Development of the game began before the release of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+. The plot was completed, but development was halted due to development of Re:Chain of Memories. Birth by Sleep is named after the unlockable trailer at the end of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix. The development team plans to make use of the PSP's functions and is considering either co-operative or competitive multiplayer gameplay. Of the three new games announced, Birth by Sleep was the first one to begin development, however, as previously speculated by Nomura, it will be the last one released due to the development team halting development to work on Re: Chain of Memories.

Grampasso

Can't the thread title be changed in something like "This week's Famitsu of most awful cover ever"? :lol

cw_sasuke said:
Yes, and Spectrobes on DS ( lawl )
And Picross (lawl^2)
PS: I love picross since the first GB one :p

Jupiter's actually now doing an original puzzle game for DSiWare IIRC.

Jupiter had no part in CoM PS2 right? They've at least for years been Nintendo-exclusive as far as I know.

I don't know if it was posted yet, but last week the "Very Thanks Special" issue of Famitsu was out. I haven't read it all yet, but the art there is gorgeous, Christmas themed and all. Lovely Lady Labo is two pages and is a Merry Christmas from all the iDOLM@STER Stars.

Here's the cover and the contents pages:

a2f01x.jpg

vqpaqc.jpg

Upd: sorry, uploaded a bigger image of the game index.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
LOVE & TRUTH said:
I don't know if it was posted yet, but last week the "Very Thanks Special" issue of Famitsu was out. I haven't read it all yet, but the art there is gorgeous, Christmas themed and all. Lovely Lady Labo is two pages and is a Merry Christmas from all the iDOLM@STER Stars.
Edit: Missed the part where you said that was last week.

Top Bottom