• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Nintendo conference summary - Score: 10/10

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
ethelred said:
It definitely wasn't a 10/10 conference. I'd give it a 9/10 on the DS side but only a 7.5/10 on the Wii sir. That still comes out to 8.25 overall which isn't bad.

I think I basically agree. MH3 is huge of course, but where were the new Nintendo 08 offerings besides Mario baseball? 3rd parties are actually looking better in 08 than Nintendo.

AniHawk

schuelma said:
I think I basically agree. MH3 is huge of course, but where were the new Nintendo 08 offerings besides Mario baseball? 3rd parties are actually looking better in 08 than Nintendo.

Pikmin and AC are on their way (please god let Pikmin be on its way). We just won't hear about them for a while.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
AniHawk said:
Pikmin and AC are on their way (please god let Pikmin be on its way). We just won't hear about them for a while.

I hope so.

mutsu

You will also want to include this info in the OP - Mario Kart Wii is 12 players online confirmed by Iwata in the conference.

Haunted

Amazing media blowout. I can't even remember when we got so much info for Nintendo in such a short time span. (E3 06?) Awesome-wowsome.

The praise is well deserved.

mutsu

schuelma said:

Nintendo is rather tight lipped recently (well, pretty much always), so I would expect more and more to be announced in the future.

It does look like that they are trying to restrict themselves to 1 Wii game per month. This gives much more space for 3rd parties to sell their games and make money on the Wii. Smart approach if you ask me.

Neomoto

Thanks for all the praise guys, I really appreciate it! :D

soul said:
Woh dude, where did you get these Crystal Bearers screens? Dont think I ever seen those before. These from today?
Yes, but I thought they might be old. From today though. Just like everything else :)

mutsu said:
By the way... It's not just a DS Demo Channel... It's called Everybody's Nintendo Channel, where you can also view movies of past/upcoming Wii games. Calling it DS Demo Channel is a mistake. Please update your OP.
Sorry, I forgot to add it to the upper news item and to change the bottom one. It's fixed now, thanks for noticing. I let the name DS Demo Channel in because Everybody's Nintendo Channel doesn't get the attention that you can download DS games (and of course video's) so I hope it makes more sense now.

ShockingAlberto said:
So it's, uh, out?

Might want to fix that.
Damnit! First post too :lol Fixed.

mutsu said:
You will also want to include this info in the OP - Mario Kart Wii is 12 players online confirmed by Iwata in the conference.
Thanks, didn't see that posted anywhere. Awesome, awesome news.

marc^o^ said:
I would give it a 8/10
It's a joke because today is 10/10 (10 october) :(

Edit: I seriously need some sleep now.. if there is anything to add or fix I'll see it tomorrow morning. :)

Now theres going to be 5 pingpong games for Wii. Did the Gamecube ever even have one?

We got ping pong in Rockstar Table Tennis, Wii Play, WiiWare Ping Pong, Mario & Sonic at the olympics, and Balls of Fury.

Time to P-I-N-G!

mutsu

Oh by the way, there is much more to the Everybody's Nintendo Channel then download demo and movies.

This is what I posted in the other thread:

mutsu said:
Basically you can vote on what games you like. You can search on games recommendations.

More in-depth: You first identify yourself (age, gender, etc), then you go ahead and recommend a game that you have played. You can choose who to recommend to (anyone or people who plays games often), what kind of game is it (is it a casual game or requires dedication), suitable for how many people (single or multi player).

People can then basically search for a game, and view the people's comments/recommendations on all Wii games available, to determine if the game is suitable for them or not.

PolyGone

Banned
I don't like the in-battle sprites for FE DS.

The renders look terrible compared to the GBA sprites.

Otherwise looks good. I wonder if we'll see remakes of the other FE games and if they'll be localized?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Eteric Rice said:
So is the conference over, or is there a second one in the USA?
There is a NA press conference, but what it is on and whether it is NDA'd or not is up in the air still

PolyGone

Banned
Neomoto said:
Disaster: Day of Crisis

wss80.jpg

wss81.jpg

Eternal Chronicle DS announced

dss72.jpg
dss70.jpg

Developed by PAON, published by Nintendo.

Soma Bringer (DS) announced

Developer: MonolithSoft (Disaster: Day of Crisis, Baiten Kaitos etc).
Publisher: Nintendo

dss73.jpg
dss75.jpg

why do they look so bad?? I mean, they all look interesting. I'm interested in seeing more. But they look kind of meh, and the ds games look ...

Oh man, is this finally the big surprise(s) that Nintendo bigwigs have been hinting at for like an entire year??? I can't believe they actually pulled off dropping this much new info at once without massive leaks beforehand.

And that new No More Heroes screenshot:D My biggest gripe with the game has been the low quality of the visuals. If that's really representative of the final game then WOW.

I'd give it a 10/10. It's been a while before there has been anything that I could get extremely excited about. Looking at that DS line-up I'm wondering why I don't own a LITE! Wii Ware look hot thanks to Square, Japanese third-party Wii games do exist, Mario Kart gets more awesome, and Smash Bros. is the male orgasm distilled to a fine elixir (not recommended for drinking eww).

ccbfan

Man I'm glad the conference come about cause boy after seeing media create's number for the last month (with this week where's Wii's numbers are like to drop under 20k) I though home console support was dead. Good to have this reassure me.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Neomoto said:
Thanks for all the praise guys, I really appreciate it! :D

Yes, but I thought they might be old. From today though. Just like everything else :)

Sorry, I forgot to add it to the upper news item and to change the bottom one. It's fixed now, thanks for noticing. I let the name DS Demo Channel in because Everybody's Nintendo Channel doesn't get the attention that you can download DS games (and of course video's) so I hope it makes more sense now.

Damnit! First post too :lol Fixed.

Thanks, didn't see that posted anywhere. Awesome, awesome news.

It's a joke because today is 10/10 (10 october) :(

Edit: I seriously need some sleep now.. if there is anything to add or fix I'll see it tomorrow morning. :)

Get this man a tag STAT!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I know I'm one of the few people who actually liked Mario Baseball on the GC, so I'm looking forward to it. The game has solid core mechanics.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl just became the fighting game of the year and dare i say GOTY!!! yea baby.

Amir0x said:
:lol

All they needed was Dr. Mario too! oh, Nintendo fans. Never change!

Just from looking at FFCC alone shows that Wii Ware is looking to be FAR more ambitious than PSN and XBLA. FFCC looks like it could seriously pass for a retail game! and Star Soldier R is the first true sequel in years, exclusive to Wii Ware, what other download service on rival consoles actually carry brand new, fully fledged sequels to existing franchises! And all this (with very strong 3rd Party support might I add!) is for launch!

Wii Ware isn`t for cheap flash games or glorified minigames, but rather it is looking to be what I always wanted XBLA and PSN to be! A true online store with retail worthy games as standard!

What also really excites me about Wii Ware is how not everything is necessarily a game (Pokemon Farm) we could be seeing all kinds of interesting software appear on there!

If I was japanese I'd probably give it a 10/10.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Nintendo's North American conference tommorow?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
neojubei said:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl just became the fighting game of the year and dare i say GOTY!!! yea baby.

GOTY? no that will go to Super Mario Galaxy.

FE DS looks sleeky, squeeky clean, lovin it. Eternal Chronicle DS, Kirby Ultra Super Delux (sounds corny, but hey this is KIRBY), AW2, Soma Bringer, NMH, and King Story all look delicious. God damn that was one hell of a conference. Looking back that was totally to be expected since Nintendo hasn't announce jack shit for awhile. Shame on me, shame on you, and shame on GAF for doubting Nintendo's 2008 offering.

Windu said:
GOTY? no that will go to Super Mario Galaxy.

Choosing between SMG and SSBB for GOTY will spark the first world war between Nintendo fans, it's going to be bloody scary.

Banned
And here I was bitching about hating my Wii yesterday.. This does help a bit.

Mario Baseball Stadium (Wii) announced

Online please, with voice chat, and like Wii Baseball taken to it's obvious conclusion but with an RPG element. Thanks.

Advance Wars DS

Online + voice chat thanks.

Top Bottom