• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THQ's bankruptcy sale details: Auction on January 22nd, Will Allow Piecemeal Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
It's my Birthday...someone buy me Saint's Row yeah?

EA will get you that.

and in every birthday from this year on you'll get a new one as EA traditional

Saints Row Cityfighters
Saints Row Steelport Company
Saints Row Most Wanted
Saints Row 2016

you better be freakin' happy :(

gabbre

The game or the IP?
j703AFMfhVqdF.jpg

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I've been playing the hell out of Dawn of War: Retribution the last few days.

I really hope Relic lands on their feet.

May none find them wanting. ;_;

Quentyn

Hmm, I just read in the bidding procedures, that the auction will be held at the office from THQ's legal counsel and not at court. Hopefully that doesn't mean we won't hear anything until the sales hearing tomorrow.

a. Bid Deadline: January 22,2013 at 9:00 a.m. (prevailing Eastern Time), is
the deadline by which all "Qualified Bidders" (as defined in the Bidding
Procedures) must submit Bids so as to be actually received by the parties
specified in the Bidding Procedures (the "Bid Deadline"); and

b. Auction: January 22, 2013 at 3:00 p.m. (prevailing Eastern Time), is the
date and time of the Auction, if one is needed, which will be held at the
offices of counsel to the Debtors: Young Conaway Stargatt & Taylor,
LLP, 1000 North King Street, Wilmington, Delaware 19810.

Mugy

Would be funny to know something about the companys who are going to be in there. I'm hoping anybody but EA or Activision (even Warner Bros. would be better for The Darksiders franchise).

In a surprise twist, Sega buys Relic and merged them with The Creative Assembly to create the ultimate Games Workshop licence title makers.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Would be funny to know something about the companys who are going to be in there. I'm hoping anybody but EA or Activision (even Warner Bros. would be better for The Darksiders franchise).

We know Warner Bothers and EA are offically players in this affiar, we do not know the identities of the other three bidders.

From the Nintendo Direct thread:

"Scoop. Nintendo is at the verge of taking over a well known franchise (known from the DS i.a.). Unfortunately, I cannot say which one yet..."

Reading it again maybe theres some questionable translation, just thought with that time clock and this tweet...
But then theres a Direct tomorrow so who knows.

EDIT: Only just reaslised that this is actually from November 12

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Hmm, I just read in the bidding procedures, that the auction will be held at the office from THQ's legal counsel and not at court. Hopefully that doesn't mean we won't hear anything until the sales hearing tomorrow.

Yeah, it is possible we won't, at which point it's 32 hours from now.

HoosTrax

Serious question - why the ACTI hate? From my perspective (PC person who mostly ignores Blizzard), they haven't done anything noticeably heinous. At least from a DRM perspective. They're barely on my radar as it is.

DS would probably be more like Max and the Magic Marker.
That's not exactly a well known franchise though, is it? I can't really think of anything.

Edit: How big was the Drawn To Life franchise?

Edit2: Just seen your replies below, yeah, Drawn To Life is probably it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Serious question - why the ACTI hate? From my perspective (PC person who mostly ignores Blizzard), they haven't done anything noticeably heinous. At least from a DRM perspective. They're barely on my radar as it is.

annualized sequels to the 2-4 franchises they care about, shut down everything else

Mugy

We know Warner Bothers and EA are offically players in this affiar, we do not know the identities of the other three bidders.

Darksiders III: Developed by Vigil Games.

Darksiders III: Lite Edition, developed by Netherrealm Studios, featuring MK characters, iOS only.

QMECP2v.png

i-Lo

Would any happen to know if ZeniMax/Bethesda is participating in the auction? Also, is list of buyers still kept in the dark is it publicly available now?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

I think there are more who might have come forward afterwards given that even Doublefine was requesting documents.

Morts

Would be amazing if Nintendo bought Vigil/Darksiders. I don't expect it though. Hopefully we actually get to find out what went where today.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This is also possible plus Clearlake might still win this affair.

It's certainly possible, but given that EA spent $900 million on BioWare Pandemic and $400+ million on PlayFish, and Warner spent like $160 million on Turbine, I have to imagine these companies are willing to go much higher than Clearlake for something like Saints Row.

Malvingt2

so how the bid work in here? like baseball? you put x amount to whatever series before the action and if you have the largest bid you get such?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom