• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three in February - Before You Switch

Syranth

January was slow for me as I only finished Watch Dogs 2. This month I am on track with the following:

• Final Fantasy XV (PS4)
  • Far Cry: Primal (PC)
  • Witcher 3 (PC) - I doubt I'll get this one done. Taking my time over the past year.

Phazon_Chaos

Neo Member
I'm gonna try to take on these:

Bloodborne - I'm right at the end of the game, just going through some chalice dungeons before facing the final boss.
Twilight Princess HD - Similar situation, I only have the final dungeon + boss left.
Fire Emblem Awakening - I started a playthrough on hard (I had initially played on Normal), I've just finished Chapter 8. This is the one I'm least likely to complete as I'm not really focusing on it, just playing when I'm commuting/listening to podcasts.

Resident Evil 7 - Just beat this game last night. Wonderful experience. Loved every second of it,
even the campy, bad ending.

Owlboy - I'm several hours into this fine game. I'm loving the art style and the OST. I hopefully can beat this in the next few weeks or so.

Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
- Just started this game last. Played through the tutorial and got to one of the first levels. It seems alright. I'm pretty impressed by the movie quality cut scenes. Excited to play more of this throughout the month of February.

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
- I'm only around 8 hours into this game. I started it a few months ago and haven't really had the chance to jump back in. Ideally, I'd like to beat it this month, but I don't know if time will allow that.

I'd like to clear some of these games from my backlog so I can buy and play the following:
Nioh
Yakuza 0
Dragon Quest 8

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Pillars of Eternity 1
Tales of Berseria

Assuming I ignore all the Feb releases...

King_Blue

Neo Member
Doom

Dishonored 2

Titanfall 2

Trying to get everything First Person out of the way for open world bliss with Horizon and Zelda.

Ok nice I'm in.

Mass Effect 3: Just picked this up on EA Access. First playthrough years after finishing 1 and 2.

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Almost done. I keep losing interest roaming the damn Tokio.

Dark Souls 3: Second playthrough. Heavy two-handed sword barbarian this time.

emb

Goals for this month:
I want to finish Resident Evil 7. Apparently it's only 10 hours (or so) long. But I have to stop at pretty much each save point because I want to escape. Seriously, spooky game. Playing it in all VR too. And I'm only like 2 sessions in, gonna take some work to get through. It's so fun, but I also dread each session so much, lol.

One of the (hopefully) quicker ones I'll go for this month is Geometry Wars 3. It was on my list last month, but didn't get done. Instead, I got to the last boss this past Monday (1/30). Tried it for probably an hour, but no luck so far.

For a third, game, not sure yet. I wanna pick up Gravity Rush 2 and NIOH soon, but highly doubt I'd play all the way through either soon. Shantae HGH is still there, and is something I wanna play. I started Firewatch, guess I could play that. Not a lot that I'm really itching to play right now. I might just end up doing in 2 in February, if I'm even that lucky. Mostly looking forward to the Switch and Zelda and Horizon for now. If I finish a third game, it'll probably be some random older game that I've finished before.

Looking back at my January post:
I can probably manage 3 in January.

Finished Uncharted 4 on the 1st/2nd actually. Started after family stuff on New Year's ended, and happened to stay up until about 2 since I could tell I was close to the end. Really liked the story it told and the way it ended.

I've started Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero. I'm sure the game probably isn't too long, and it's fun enough that I want to keep playing.

I also just recently grabbed FFXV and Geometry Wars 3. XV is probably long enough that I won't finish it within the month, but I'm gonna start digging in. People keep talking to me abut XV, and I want to at least be familiar with it. GW3 though, the story mode seems simple enough to make it through pretty quick (getting all those stars is tough though, at least before you get a bunch of upgrades.)

Also planning to keep working on FFVII this month. Started forever ago, but picked it back up in December thanks to time off, and finally made it through disc 1.
I got 3, but not quite the way I expected. Didn't plan to actually get through FFVII, but once I got a little further, I wanted to keep on going. So that was one of them.

The other was Splatoon. Niece asks to play it all the time, and one day I just left it in and actually played offline for a change. Story mode is not bad, but it feels a little lacking somehow. I'm glad the levels don't overstay their welcome, but it also feels like I haven't really done anything sometimes. There's a certain lack of quickness about it.
Final boss though, what a great fight. Definitely the highlight.

Completely neglected to go back to Shantae, and failed to get into XV for now. Started Crisis Core outta nowhere because I was briefly excited about VII. Note on Geo Wars 3 is above; was close but at least it gives me a start for February.

Qwark

I didn't do so hot in January... didn't finish a single game. But made good progress so February should be easier.

Going to try:
Digimon World: Next Order
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (carry over)
Dark Cloud (carry over)

In reserve:
Last Guardian (carry over, may drop since I'm not really feeling it)
PlaystationMobile games (Tokyo Jungle Mobile, Tuffy, Eufloria, etc) - I'm paranoid that my Vita will deauthenticate these titles, so I went to get through them.

kevin1025

Banned
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)
Lara Croft GO (PS4)
Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4)
Virginia (PS4)
The Wolf Among Us (PS4)
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC)

My goal for the month is to finally hit 5,000 trophies, and so I'll be doing a couple of platinums this month along with finally finishing The Witcher 3!

LightJak007

Neo Member
Currently working on:

Dragon Quest VIII 3DS - 31 hours, 14 minutes (Heading to Blizzard Peaks)

Looking to play and complete before Zelda/Switch:

Gravity Rush 2
Tales of Berseria
Horizon: Zero Dawn (MAYBE, comes out on Feb 28 so..)

Tohsaka

RE7 - I'm like 6 hours in or something.
Tales of Berseria - Haven't started yet.
Gravity Rush 2 - Haven't started yet.

Games that I have beaten:

1. HuniePop
2. Path of Exile
3. Dear RED - Extended

Games that I am working on:

1. God Eater Resurrection

Games that I will work on:

1. Bioshock Remastered

kunonabi

This month should hopefully go better than last month:

[WiiU]Pokken Tournament - in progress
[3DS]Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice - in progress
[3DS]Petit Novel Series: Harvest December - in progress

I'm actually done with all the single-player stuff in Pokken so I'm just grinding to max out levels and buy gear. I'm really in the middle of a bad run of awful Wii U games to 100%

I'm on the last case of Ace Attorney so I should finish it tonight or tomorrow.

Hmmm. Lets see...

Bravely Default (3DS): Not sure I'll finish this this month given the purported lenght but I've been putting in a bunch of time to going after it so it might be possible this month or next. We'll see how it goes.

Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS): The other competitor for time on the 3DS. Assuming I put in the time, beating this should be a more realistic goal but I'm not sure if that'll happen.

Baldur's Gate (PC): Not sure if this will come along or be played but I really want to get through it this year as I've never finished it. As with FE:A and Bravely Default, just need to put the time in.

It'd be nice to finish off 3 games but it seems like a bit of a stretch atm, so I'll try finish what I can and go for there. Really, finishing two games (even if they aren't the listed ones) would be great.

Trickytoon

Neo Member
Intended to do January but work / life imbalance scuppered that, February however is off to a good start and I think I'll clear four from the backlog:

1. Doom (1993) (PC) - COMPLETED
I was a poor student when this came out and couldn't afford a PC, so having recently completed Doom 2016 I felt I needed to do this.
To be honest I think the level design, weapon feedback and overall experience of the original is light years ahead of the 2016 version which I found to be a bit dull and repetitive.

2. Ikari Warriors (C64) - COMPLETED
Really only loaded it up to test my emulation PC setup, and as frustrating as the game is I couldn't put it down until I was finished. Relatively short (aside from all the dying) and a great nostalgia trip.

3. Shadow Complex Remastered (PC) - In Progress
Really didn't like it after the first hour, mainly due to the weapon mechanics, but having gone back to it after a break I've got the feel of the aiming and I'm interested enough in the story to see it through. Just under half way through.

4. Child of Light (PS Vita) - In Progress
Any excuse to break out the Vita, I love everything about this game so far. On chapter four, so expect I've a way to go yet.

gaiages

Banned
This month I'm going to clear out some more of my Steam backlog :D

1. 2064: Read Only Memories - I started this, got to Chapter 2, the update came out and deleted my save, and I got back to Chapter 2 again. I really love it, it just fell by the wayside as I spent time with Witcher 3 and building my Pokémon Sun Living Dex.

2. Shining Force II (yes, this is on Steam) - I believe I got about half way through over the summer, then dropped it. Last thing I remember is that all my units got promoted except the healer, so I'm at least a good amount in.

3. LISA - I started this game and got pretty far when I played it for Extra Life 2015. Thing is, I didn't touch the game after that day. Looking at guides I'm over halfway through, so I should try to see this to the end. I do have some issues with the game though, so if those things become a bigger issue... I may end up dropping it and replacing this with something else. We'll see!

Bonus 4. Alan Wake's American Nightmare - Couldn't finish it last month because my boyfriend's computer decided to die. So, I'll complete it this month instead.

Early in the month and the first of my chosen games is already down! Not suprising considering how excited I was to play and finish Read Only Memories. Such a great, great game.

I'll probably delve back into LISA next, considering how far along I am already.

Juraash

My hope is/was to get through Ratchet & Clank, Darksiders (1&2) and Hyper Light this month. Finished off Ratchet last night so I'm reasonably on track so far.

uceenk

Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess

Red Dead Redemption

Diablo 3 :
i finished this game before, i'm replaying this time with my wife, playing together is so much fun than playing solo

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Finally had some extra days off in January from work and have started out better in 2017 than how I ended 2016. Depending on how many games I buy, play and complete this year, my goal is to not have a backlog at all going into 2018.

OVERALL 2017: 2/3 (67%)
JANUARY 2017: 2/3 (67%)

1 - Mafia III / PS4 PRO (9/10)
Finished the game 100% last Sunday. Awesome story and characters. As of right now, it's my new 2016 game of the year replacing Gears of War 4. Already have the season pass since I purchased the deluxe edition at launch and will be redeeming it once the "Faster, Baby" DLC gets released at the end of March.

2 - Resident Evil VII: Biohazard / PS4 PRO (8/10)
Finished the game on normal in just under 19 hours. Definitely headed in the right direction but the first person perspective needs to go. When exploring, it's fine but when in combat, it's bad. Easily better than RE 3, RE 5, RE 6, RER and RER2 but the old school classics and RE 4 still ahead of RE VII.

FEBRUARY 2017

1 - For Honor / PS4 PRO
This is my number one most wanted and anticipated game for the first quarter of 2017. Knights, Vikings and Samurai??? Hell yeah!!! Can't wait!!!

2 - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare / PS4 PRO
Played through three chapters of the single player campaign and it's pretty good thus far. Still have a ways to go though. Don't play online.

3 - Ratchet and Clank / PS4 PRO
Purchased it for $10 several weeks ago at GameStop. Will keep until I play and complete it.

tootie923

1. Resident Evil 7 (excuse me, Se7en) - I just got done with
the bee house
, so I assume I'm about halfway. I've been playing a couple hours a night because the game is so damn stressful to play any longer than that. I love what Capcom has done here so far.

2. Inside - I've been trying to limit my acclaimed one night indies to once a month so I don't bust through them so quickly. This one should be easy, one or two sessions.

3. Maybe something lighter later on in the month, like a collectibles/conversation run on Uncharted 4. It would be my first time playing the campaign on the PS4 Pro.

Edit:
RE7 took about 11 hours.
Inside took a couple of nights to get all trophies.
UC4 collectible run took about 16 hours.

Lindsaymv

I've got a busy month so I need to prioritize that over gaming, so I'll try keep my 3 games realistic... Also im terrible at finishing games even when I have time, I just buy more and then switch over.

Final Fantasy XV - In Chapter 10 currently and popped back in today after a busy week. Pretty confident I can finish this - also very keen to get the platinum someday, but I'll prioritize finishing it this month and see how I feel. If the DLC shapes up well I plan on coming back to it anyway so plenty of time to worry about 100% completion.

Links Awakening - Been sick in bed the last couple of days and just wanted a simple classic - I've never completed it before so I'd like to try see it through even once I'm feeling better.

And... Val-Ha11-A?
Like I said trying to keep it realistic. I've hardly touched it but it's my type of game - I'm not sure I can reasonably commit to another AAA game completion this month but I hope I can get around to this one

Ennosuke

Yakuza 0: Great game, but only 10 hours in the game, so no idea if I can make it this year.

World of Final Fantasy: In chapter 7, so I hope I can finalize this month.

hao chi

I'm confident I can do at least these first three:

Majora's Mask 3D - Just finished the Great Bay Temple. I've beaten the N64 version, but so that'll help, but I don't remember how to get a lot of the remaining masks simply by memory, so I'm going through it and just trying to use in-game clues.

Bayonetta (Wii U) - I've beaten the 360 version more times than I can keep track of, and I'm on chapter 12, so this one won't take very long.

Resident Evil 7 - I'm still fairly early in the game (just grabbed the key from the
mortuary
, but I know it's not too long of a game either, so it should be no problem.

If I have time, I want to finish getting endings C and D in Nier. I would have finished this last summer, but something happened in real life that made playing a game as sad as Nier unappealing at the time, and I never went back to play it.

PillarEN

I'm confident I can do at least these first three:

Majora's Mask 3D - Just finished the Great Bay Temple. I've beaten the N64 version, but so that'll help, but I don't remember how to get a lot of the remaining masks simply by memory, so I'm going through it and just trying to use in-game clues.

Bayonetta (Wii U) - I've beaten the 360 version more times than I can keep track of, and I'm on chapter 12, so this one won't take very long.

Resident Evil 7 - I'm still fairly early in the game (just grabbed the key from the
mortuary
, but I know it's not too long of a game either, so it should be no problem.

If I have time, I want to finish getting endings C and D in Nier. I would have finished this last summer, but something happened in real life that made playing a game as sad as Nier unappealing at the time, and I never went back to play it.
You can do C and D very quickly. Don't even have to go through half the game again.

hao chi

You can do C and D very quickly. Don't even have to go through half the game again.

That's good to hear. I know I'll have to look up a guide and try to find out which weapons I'm missing though, which I'm not looking forward to. I know acquiring at least one of the weapons (and probably all of them) require me to do some side missions.

Playing nothing in February really. Busy with a full time internship. Still have post game FFXV to do but I feel absolutely no urge to do it. Maybe I'll sell it.

I'm just waiting for Mass Effect Andromeda at the end of March. Can't wait for that.

Sigh, don't know what to play in Feb and March. Maybe Ill try and finish Zelda Oracle of Seasons and Ages. I'll probably get a couple of hours in and then stop again.

Wish I had money to splurge on a Switch and Zelda but I don't.

I'm not really interested in anything lately and its a feeling I want to get rid of. Well, at least Im excited for Andromeda.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Finished in late January (just about made the 3 in time!):

Mirror's Edge Catalyst (PS4)
Nice to play ME again, but not really satisfied with Catalyst on the whole.
Enjoyed the core gameplay for the most part, but by the end it all felt like a chore, and the story/characters did little to hold my interest.

Finished this month:

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters (PS4)
Had been through this before to help a friend, but finally felt in the mood to finish off the remaining bosses on my own save.
Some awesome new trick weapons and equipment, fantastic atmosphere, and some grave lore implications. Don't hesitate to get this if you enjoyed the main game.

Working on this month:

Unravel
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)

Rathorial

Aiming to beat:

1. Dishonored 2 - Waited on the mission select and custom difficulty patch, and am starting over the campaign.
  2. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - Quite a few missions in this game, but about half-way done. Will likely be able to wrap things up.
  3. Halo Wars 2 - Figure the campaign won't take too long, and will prioritize the last of the month with that before Horizon comes out.

BasilZero

Finished the following in January....

-Metal Slug 2 (PC)
-Castle of Illusion (PC)
-Ducktales Remastered (PC)
-Freedom Planet (PC)
-Shantae: Risky's Revenge Director's Cut (PC)
-Princess Remedy In A World Of Hurt (PC)
-Brothers - A Tale Of Two Sons (PC)

----

So far in February I finished....

-Among The Sleep (PC)
-Frosty Kiss (PC)

Expecting to finish another 3-4 PC games alongside that I also plan to finish the following.....

Pokemon Sun (3DS)
Super Mario Advance 2 (GBA)
Super Mario World (SNES)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I finished 3 games last month and was pretty happy about that. I sank some time into the backlog here and there but the target is:

Dishonored 2 - Currently on chapter 5. I figure Im a little over half way done and should finish it in a week or so.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided - Played through the intro mission. I'll get back to after once Im done with Dishonored 2. I'll use the rest of the month to finish this.

Abzu - Heard its like a 2 hour game. I should be able to beat it in one solid gaming session.

Also getting Nioh tomorrow but no way Ill finish that this month.

DarkTom

After a blank month in January, I am pretty confident for this month.

I plan to finish the following games :
Donkey Kong 94
Ghost Trick
Poi

Plus those games I could beat if I'm playing quite much :
Ratchet & Clank
Rayman 3D
Sonic (3DS classic)

Next month will be mostly dedicated to the new Zelda.

Then I'll continue my playthroughs of Splatoon, Fire Emblem Heroes and Furi.

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
Finished RE7 about two days ago, now playing Kingdom Hearts 2. If I have time I'll continue Pokémon Sun. Cannot wait to Switch!

Kilvas

I'm aiming to to finish a new game of Bloodborne with the dlc. Bought it day 1 and never got around to it. I won't be buying anything day 1 this year as a commitment to finishing my backlog. Working on Fire Emblem on GBA as well. All I got time for really.

jdfly82

Neo Member
Going to try to finish (in order of priority):

-Gravity Rush 2
-FFXIV: Heavensward (get to the end of that quest line)
-Tales of Berseria

Totofogo

Neo Member
Didn't get through much in January while adjusting to a new job, time to make up for that...

Need to finish: Twilight Princess HD, get Wolf Link ready for BoTW.

Want to finish: FFXV, to not be juggling two open world games come March 3rd. Probably won't happen, can't help but get distracted constantly in that world.

Will finish: Gravity Rush Remastered. On the final chapter currently, held off from completing it to play right before the second came out... and never bought the second. It'll have to wait until after the Switch though.

Bonus daily commute: FE Heroes.

February is a tough month for me... I'm working 6 days a week for the first 3 weeks, so not a lot of time for long gaming sessions. I do have the 18-21 off though, as sort of a reward, so that may help a bit.

The Little Acre - This is only a 2 hour game, so I will probably finish it tonight after work.

Memoranda - Not sure how long this one is(it's not on HLTB), but I'm assuming only a few hours so easily achievable. This was something I Kickstarted, and since I have a bad habit of Kickstarting things and then never playing them, I really want to play this.

Night in the Woods - Another Kickstarter. This one finally comes out on the 21st, and I'm excited for it, so I'm sure I will play through it before the 28th.
Well, that's one down. Took me less than 2 hours, but still... Progress is progress I suppose.

Trickytoon

Neo Member
Intended to do January but work / life imbalance scuppered that, February however is off to a good start and I think I'll clear four from the backlog:

1. Doom (1993) (PC) - COMPLETED
I was a poor student when this came out and couldn't afford a PC, so having recently completed Doom 2016 I felt I needed to do this.
To be honest I think the level design, weapon feedback and overall experience of the original is light years ahead of the 2016 version which I found to be a bit dull and repetitive.

2. Ikari Warriors (C64) - COMPLETED
Really only loaded it up to test my emulation PC setup, and as frustrating as the game is I couldn't put it down until I was finished. Relatively short (aside from all the dying) and a great nostalgia trip.

4. Child of Light (PS Vita) - In Progress
Any excuse to break out the Vita, I love everything about this game so far. On chapter four, so expect I've a way to go yet.

3. Shadow Complex Remastered (PC) - COMPLETED
I still couldn't get the hang of aiming into the foreground/background by the end, however the platforming mechanics and other puzzle elements more than made up for that. Not only excited for the sequel whenever it arrives, but I think I'll cover a long standing gap in my gaming history and break out Metroid and Super Metroid next.

JPS Kai

A Normal Lost Phone: That's the one I finished today, in one sitting. Very cool mobile game (iOS and Android I believe, it's like 3 bucks). Your phone becomes this lost phone you just found, and you need to search through it in order to find out who the owner is, and what happened to them. Great writing, clever mechanics, cool twists, and it took me about 90 minutes to beat (can be much more or much less, depending on how you manage to pick up on soime clues). This is the kind of hidden gems that can easily end up in some GOTY lists.

I got a press release on this and it sounds pretty interesting. Alone Together was a pseudo social network with puzzles that didn't hold my interest but I am looking forward to trying it out.

My three this month are:

Nioh
Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns
Resident Evil VII

Top Bottom