• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three weeks after launch and a weird bug doesn't let me play Paradise Arcade on gamepass [Dev responds]

So basically when the menu comes up you need to hit A to start no matter how many times I hit A or hold A the game won't start. Never had this happen ever before, they released a patch to fix it but nope still not working.

Asking me whether or not I have a LG tv tells me they know something is up, but why would that be an issue? I also plugged the controller into the xbox but it didnt help, I guess the cord only powers the controller and it still communicates with the system through blue tooth or whatever system it uses. This is the weirdest bug I have ever seen, anyone seen a bug like this before?

Last edited:
dogshitgame.jpg

Three

So basically when the menu comes up you need to hit A to start no matter how many times I hit A or hold A the game won't start. Never had this happen ever before, they released a patch to fix it but nope still not working.

Asking me whether or not I have a LG tv tells me they know something is up, but why would that be an issue? I also plugged the controller into the xbox but it didnt help, I guess the cord only powers the controller and it still communicates with the system through blue tooth or whatever system it uses. This is the weirdest bug I have ever seen, anyone seen a bug like this before?
They might have inadvertently added some HDMI CEC function and it registers the remote as a controller. Try turning off HDMI CEC on your TV maybe.

Last edited:

Three

ill try that but really I should jump through hoops like this to get it to work.
You shouldn't have to honestly but that's the only explanation I can think of that could be causing the specific TV to interfere. If the TV has some kind of control over the console through HDMI CEC.

dadrester

Neo Member
We still haven't found a definitive solution. We've got a potential fix in QA but the issue is none of us (Wired QA included) have ever been able to reproduce the bug. We think one of the issues is to do with a controller middleware we use. Xbox are also on the case helping us investigate, so please be aware we are still working on this.... just VERY slow progress.

dadrester

Neo Member
We still haven't found a definitive solution. We've got a potential fix in QA but the issue is none of us (Wired QA included) have ever been able to reproduce the bug. We think one of the issues is to do with a controller middleware we use. Xbox are also on the case helping us investigate, so please be aware we are still working on this.... just VERY slow progress.
FYI I'm the guy who does the twitter 90% of the time (and am Game director)

thank you for taking the time, still have this problem.

Bridges

Cool to see you in here addressing this. I encountered this several times on Xbox Series X while playing your game, but I would either reboot the game a bunch or wait a few hours and come back or hard reboot my console and it'd let me in. I have a Vizio TV.

Loved the game btw, ended up getting all the achievements!

Reactions: Fuz

bigdad2007

This happens all the time with my Turtle Beach headset that uses a usb dongle.

What is happening is your Xbox/game is registering the USB device as the first player controller, but only in the main menu.

Minecraft does the same thing. You have to unplug the USB, get into the game, then plug it back in. Super annoying.

Top Bottom