• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tim Hortons to sell poutine doughnut for Canada Day

norm9

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/06/28/tim-hortons-to-sell-poutine-doughnut-for-canada-day.html?ICID=ref_fark

To honor Canada's upcoming 150th birthday, the Canadian fast-food joint Tim Hortons will serve up some cuisine inspired by its home country at select locations in the United States.

The celebratory menu, beginning July 1, will include a poutine doughnut — Tim Hortons' Honey Dipped Donut topped with potato wedges, gravy and cheese curds, according to Thrillist.

More info http://www.wkyc.com/life/food/tim-hortons-is-putting-poutine-on-a-donut/452709299

Starting July 1, select Tim Hortons locations will offer a poutine donut.

The donut is described as a honey dip donut topped with potato wedges, gravy and cheese curds.

tl-horizontal_main.jpg

A spokesperson for the company said both the Poutine Donuts and the Maple Bacon Iced Capp will be sold at select Tim Hortons locations across the US for one day only, Saturday, July 1. (That's Canada Day, for those of us in the States.) The Maple Timbits will be available for all of July.

Neighbors up north eat some weird food.

Apologies if old.

ETA- Strangely, only available in the US.

Kurdel

Banned
Will definitely try it!

It looks positively revolting, it’s perfect!

edit: US only? fucking traitors at Burger King

BTails

Saw this on CBC this morning... Can't believe it's only in the States! I mean, I could do without the poutine doughnut, but I need a Maple Bacon Ice Capp to LIVE.

Rocketz

It's only at 5 locations too:

Derby, New York

Hamburg, New York

East Aurora, New York

Columbus, Ohio

Rochester Hills, Michigan

I could easily go to the Rochester Hills location but hard pass on this and the Maple Bacon drink as well.

Hmmm maple Timbits though.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
This sounds like what an American would think Canadians would eat. Seeing that it's only available in the States, reaffirms that to me. Fuckingn gross.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm not gonna lie, I would've tried one.

I got a Tim's coffee today and they replaced the "please play again" message with "Happy Canada 150th" for this round of roll up the rim. I didn't know and got excited when I saw the 150 while rolling it up and thought I had won $150. Fuck you Tim Horton's.

Viewt

Gross. And I say that as someone who likes poutine.

Tim Horton's is fine. It's basically a slightly-better, Canadian Dunkin Donuts. Like any huge chain, though, your local donut shop runs circles around it.

Viewt

Once again, WHY isn't poutine a widespread thing in the US? It's made up of three foods that are staples in our diets for christ sake.

It kind of is. You can find poutine in any major city in the U.S. It's just not a staple item at casual eating restaurants/fast food.

I've had poutine in Atlanta, Boston, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, and Miami. It's out there.

Top Bottom