• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tim Hortons to sell poutine doughnut for Canada Day

kswiston

Are Canada's relations with the US so strained that we are trying to poison US citizens with poutine doughnuts on the anniversary of our confederacy?

norm9

*takes a bow*

67b.jpg

Sheroking

It's fitting that this is only available in the US, because nothing perfectly encapsulates American misunderstanding of Canadian culture than melted cheese on a doughnut.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The only way you could make this sound more Canadian is if they apologized for doing it.

"Yes, we at Time Hortons have made a poutine donut. Sorry about that."

As a Canadian, I have one thing to say about this: thank fucking christ it's not here, because that's an abomination

It inspired me to have a poutine for lunch though

It's fitting that this is only available in the US, because nothing perfectly encapsulates American misunderstanding of Canadian culture than melted cheese on a doughnut.

Nah. It's more like us Americans are fucking disgusting pigs who will eat anything. This is no different than the people here who fucking melt cheese on an apple pie. WTF is that disgusting shit?

Busty

Banned
Believe it or not I'm trying Tim Horton's for the very first time, ever, tomorrow morning. Should I get a donut or a muffin? I feel like I need guidance here.

Kinsei

Banned
Believe it or not I'm trying Tim Horton's for the very first time, ever, tomorrow morning. Should I get a donut or a muffin? I feel like I need guidance here.

Timbits. The only things Tim Horton's is good for are timbits and ice caps.

cameron

Ew. Gravy on dough confectionery doesn't seem appetizing.

A spokesperson for the company said both the Poutine Donuts and the Maple Bacon Iced Capp will be sold at select Tim Hortons locations across the US for one day only, Saturday, July 1. (That's Canada Day, for those of us in the States.) The Maple Timbits will be available for all of July.

Ahahaha. Just associate whatever edible abomination to a foreign holiday/celebration and it'll sell. Americans will think it's "exotic" and shovel it into their pie holes.

kIdMuScLe

What kind of cheese is that? I wanna make my own poutine at home cuz I have cravings for it once in a while ever since I tried them 2 years ago!!! I live in Los Angeles btw...

Top Bottom