• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tim Schafer: Indies Moving Away From XBLA, Console Patches Cost $40,000

FyreWulff

I wish Microsoft would pre-patch XBLA games when they get an update. It's really annoying to lose my ability to play Perfect Dark XBLA if my Xbox loses the patch.

FyreWulff

20k a year is enough to live on.. okay.. if you live with your mom.

It wouldn't be a grand life, but 20k would be enough to pay for renting the house I'm in, pay both utilities, and pay for internet+phone line for an entire year, with 950$ left over for food per month (Nebraska). Depends on where you're making the game from.

wutwutwut

Giving stuff for free or on sale might boost awareness for your service for a while but it can seriously backfire. Look at Steam, they have daily deals, midweek deals, weekend deals, special deals, preorder deals, first week deals, summer sale, winter sale, Halloween sale, possibly Easter sale. Why? Because very few people buy Steam games at full price anymore.
Plenty of people have enough money that the difference between $50 and $5 is inconsequential to them. They aren't the sort of people who have the time to generally hang out on message boards, though.

Top Bottom