• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Timdog, the legendary elder xbot console war general veteran has switched to Playstation

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Damn! It's people like this who bought Xbox down. RIP Playstation.
These types of people had no bearing on less than spectacular games that Xbox has produced with their big boy IPs

Its also a bigger issue that Xbox management had major interactions with these types of people

(Also hearing off the record whispers some of these online meltdowns could be because Xbox seems to be cutting off some of those interactions) but thats pure speculation

yurinka

I think it's positive for everyone to have less people spreading FUD and bad mood in a too hostile competition. It should be ok for everyone to enjoy everything they want from different sources. It shouldn't be a polarized, tribalistic "only team A" or "only team B".

MikeM

Funny, because console-gaming is arguably more expensive with paid online multiplayer and much higher prices for games.
As a PC and PS5 owner- depends on what you value. Day one? Same price on both (ignoring grey market). Specials- at times but I have seen them generally the same on both.

Subs costs are there but I usually always get 2-3 games/year that I wanted to buy so always worked out for me. 🤷‍♂️

On thing console doesn’t have and PC does have to deal with is invasive anti-cheat. That, and crossplay switch on console.

King Dazzar

(Also hearing off the record whispers some of these online meltdowns could be because Xbox seems to be cutting off some of those interactions) but thats pure speculation
It crossed my mind as it would explain the vindictive like, sudden over the top love for PS from Tim and Jizz's weird commentary. But hey, that's just my speculative mind at work. So interesting that its crossed your mind too.

These types of people had no bearing on less than spectacular games that Xbox has produced with their big boy IPs

Its also a bigger issue that Xbox management had major interactions with these types of people

I'm sure it's part of it. I think the Xbox executives saw what Sony was doing with their fan interactions at PS4 launch and hoped to do the same. Once the old PlayStation guard left, that kind of stuff stopped happening, and Xbox started copying the trend, to some success I feel. They just didn't deliver on the big games post Series X launch to take advantage of it. Now that Xbox has pretty much conceded in the console war, they don't need the warriors. PlayStation doesn't either, so I think a lot of the shit posting will actually lessen now.
I love TimDog now. Mainly because he is now just pissing off the community who has Stockholm Syndrome for a company that isn't worth it.
Timothy E Dog is pure energy in the warrior space.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I'm sure it's part of it. I think the Xbox executives saw what Sony was doing with their fan interactions at PS4 launch and hoped to do the same. Once the old PlayStation guard left, that kind of stuff stopped happening, and Xbox started copying the trend, to some success I feel. They just didn't deliver on the big games post Series X launch to take advantage of it. Now that Xbox has pretty much conceded in the console war, they don't need the warriors. PlayStation doesn't either, so I think a lot of the shit posting will actually lessen now.

Timothy E Dog is pure energy in the warrior space.
Microsoft's strategy has always been to infiltrate the enthusiast community and get people to evangelizes for them. They did this for HD-DVD. They did this early Windows. They did this during the 360 era, but at least in that era they had some justification for it.
FUD has always been an important strategy for them.

Alebrije

GM1F_GCXoAAqICA

feynoob

I don't know. You're the one asking for the thread to be locked because you didn't like what it was about.

You tell us why you're butthurt by it.
Because it's about a console fanboy Twitter dude.

These days, we are getting guys like him and dragon dude. They need to stick on twitter with other crazy twitter fanboys.

Ozriel

M$FT

Man, almost Wish I could change this easily from supporting Manchester United. Nothing but pain these days 😢

On topic: Not sure why anyone with decent disposable income would cheat themselves out of getting a console with some of the best quality games in the past decade, all because of console tribalism. Stupid.

Last edited:

feynoob

Man, almost Wish I could change this easily from supporting Manchester United. Nothing but pain these days 😢

On topic: Not sure why anyone with decent disposable income would cheat themselves out of getting a console with some of the best quality games in the past decade, all because of console tribalism. Stupid.
You guys didn't sack bald fraud. Now Chelsea is above you, and you noisy neighbors would do 4peat.
If spurs can do something, we might stop them. But that is luck now.

Crayon

I think it's positive for everyone to have less people spreading FUD and bad mood in a too hostile competition. It should be ok for everyone to enjoy everything they want from different sources. It shouldn't be a polarized, tribalistic "only team A" or "only team B".

Sad to say the people with the ride or die personalty will continue just like that for whatever they switch to.

A million examples and im sure you've seen plenty yourself. So my prediction is timdog is he'll now be a ps fanboy that can induce laughter and instant headaches. So no meaningful change lol.

Klayzer

It crossed my mind as it would explain the vindictive like, sudden over the top love for PS from Tim and Jizz's weird commentary. But hey, that's just my speculative mind at work. So interesting that its crossed your mind too.
Its crossed my mind as well. No proof, but its seems the money and free swag has dried up for certain Xbox influencers.

yurinka

Sad to say the people with the ride or die personalty will continue just like that for whatever they switch to.

A million examples and im sure you've seen plenty yourself. So my prediction is timdog is he'll now be a ps fanboy that can induce laughter and instant headaches. So no meaningful change lol.
Yes. In fact I'd suggest to don't follow and ignore this kind of users, and even less to share their stupid quotes and acts.

But hey, if he got a console or game and says he liked it, good for him. Better this than toxic stuff causing battles with people.

Last edited:

ReyBrujo

No idea who he is but if he has always been level, put good arguments in favor of Xbox when the time came to explain why you liked it the most or gave fair points when explaining why he didn't like PlayStation back in 2007 and if he has always been open to criticism I see nothing wrong in choosing another console.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
No idea who he is but if he has always been level, put good arguments in favor of Xbox when the time came to explain why you liked it the most or gave fair points when explaining why he didn't like PlayStation back in 2007 and if he has always been open to criticism I see nothing wrong in choosing another console.

He is a console warrior. He did absolutely none of those things.

He's gonna be harassed by xbox fans for the rest of his life, just like that other youtuber called MBG. He used to be a total xbox fan but jumped ship to PS. This was like over 5 years ago and to this day, they follow him around and watch his streams.

Fredrik

The Muppet Show Muppets GIF by Muppet Wiki

How long before Colt Eastwood cuts a vid saying he ALWAYS enjoyed PS more and it was OBVIOUS to anyone who would win the war?
The cult has already started talking like 3rd party publishing is the best thing ever, that’s what they’ll hype going forward because that’s what MS are planning, they’re prepping the fanbase, they’ll complain at everyone who isn’t putting all games everywhere now, will probably hype concurrent player numbers or monthly active users from all platforms, and hype when MS published games are high up on any top list on any platform.
They can’t live without some sort of corporation competition.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I bet he can't believe it - people talking about him on YouTube, twitter and internet forums. For someone who got a tiny taste of minor fame and liked it, he must be be ecstatic now.

Edit: to be fair, it seems like this is the only forum that cares.

Last edited:
Hey, mods, do you think you could unban Tim's account here on the forum? I would really love to hear his opinion on his shiny new console now that he's decided to give it an actual chance...and maybe even share some of his impressions here on gaf as well!!!

Last edited:

GHG

It would actually do them the world of good to cut these people off, it's rare that you see a company stuck in a negative feedback loop driven by it's hardcore fans as long as xbox has been.

You'd think at some point someone would have said "listening and pandering to these people is clearly doing us no good as a business" but over time they've doubled, if not tripled, down on catering to these types of "fans" while alienating the rest of the market.

King Dazzar

It would actually do them the world of good to cut these people off, it's rare that you see a company stuck in a negative feedback loop driven by it's hardcore fans as long as xbox has been.

You'd think at some point someone would have said "listening and pandering to these people is clearly doing us no good as a business" but over time they've doubled, if not tripled, down on catering to these types of "fans" while alienating the rest of the market.
It was a plethora of issues why I moved away from Xbox. But the suppression of constructive and objective critique was definitely a factor.

Pelta88

This makes the most sense to me. A lot of these types build validation from interaction with CEOs.

I’m seeing a lot of jilted lover over reactions from people who dismissed every economic indicator that the XB platform was collapsing. The market detailed sales being down 98% Instal base vanishing outside the US. Mindshare being less than the debacle that was the XB1 gen etc etc But these types never cared.

Phil no longer responds to their friend request and dms… Now they’re trying to burn the platform down. While sidestepping the evangelising they did while the platform was collapsing.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
He's gonna be harassed by xbox fans for the rest of his life, just like that other youtuber called MBG. He used to be a total xbox fan but jumped ship to PS. This was like over 5 years ago and to this day, they follow him around and watch his streams.
I read your post, went to YouTube, looked at the comments on his videos and FFS you're right. That is just depressing.

Top Bottom