• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TIME: Find Out If Trump Would Let You Immigrate To America

Dali

Did you say he is investing foreign money in a new business? I did not, as well he isn't.
I did but seeing as how he is already an American citizen you have to take liberties when taking this survey. He doesn't have a 78000+ job offer either but he has a job that pays that much so I checked that box. He already has businesses here that I'm sure he pays or has paid 1.35 million to establish or run.

Cheebo

Banned
I wonder if people realize the us professional degree in tech/math fields refers to a PHD not bachelors or masters who are scoring in the high 40s.

border

It's hilarious that according to them having a job where you make less than 77K is just as worthless as having no job at all.

Did you win a Gold Medal in the 2008 Olympics in China? Yeah sorry, you're no better to us than all those Mexican rapists and murderers.

26, damn. Are they going to deport me?

They can try I'm gonna give em hell if they try. I'm not getting booted from my adopted country and separated from my family cause these fuckers can't see past my skin color when I'm a hard working productive member of society that pays taxes etc etc

Dali

I wonder if people realize the us professional degree in tech/math fields refers to a PHD not bachelors or masters who are scoring in the high 40s.
I assume people with a master's would be able to clearly see the separate choices for stem master's and stem doctorates.

Omadahl

Banned
Wow. I'm a teacher who owns a home, has two degrees and a decade of experience. 26/30. I knew I should have trained for the Olympics.

Less than 77k a year is every public school teacher in the country. What a joke.

rfield84

Banned
19, lmao I'm not getting in.

(But I'm adopted from another country, so take that! Can't kick me out now!)

EDIT: In about 9 months, though, my score will be 25. Will have obtained my bachelor's by then.

ChryZ

17, but that's okay.

I'm not interested in moving to a third world country without global health care, horrible police violence, racism, lacking gun control, fading middle class, corrupted political system, wannabe democracy which enabled a fake president installed by a foreign power who wasn't even able to win the popular vote.

kswiston

If you are gettling a job offer in San Fran with an MSc in Computer Engineering, after working for someone like IBM in Ontario for a couple of years, you can easily score low-40s with English Fluency. You just need to be under 36.

That scenario with a PhD at say 31 is 46.

WOW! My wife wouldn't qualify to apply. Holy fuck, and she's making about 50k.

A bachelors from the U.S. ain't worth shit apparently.

I'm at 21. Maybe in a few years I'll be at 26 if I finish my BA degree. I don't think I know anyone that would score a 30.

I'm gonna laugh if it's all the Chinese that score high enough. Then we can bring back Exclusion Act.

TehOh

43. Glad I qualify to live in my own country.

That said, this kind of system is actually not atypical for immigration. When I was considering moving to the UK, they were using a system that prioritized certain types of skills. Of the many things Trump supports, this upsets me less than the majority. This is too strict, but could be tweaked.

FTF

I would like to see a live recording of Trump taking this test. He'd have deport his own dumb ass out of here.

I like how for the Olympic medal to count, you have to have won it in the last 8 years. Nevermind if you were a olympic gold medalist 12 years ago, Your medals are now worth zero in Trump currency

So I'm betting at least 75% (minimum) of the country then would never be let into the US. Think about that. 242 million people in this country would not even be allowed to be here. If anything, this shows fucking right here how much he doesn't fucking value you as a citizen to this country.

I really hope democrats run wild with this in super rural areas, basically showing that with this chart that if you came into this country today, you would be worthless nothing to him or the country or anyone else in it.

It's probably more like GAF 9-inch-penis syndrome.

30a.jpeg

Afrocious

That said, this kind of system is actually not atypical for immigration. When I was considering moving to the UK, they were using a system that prioritized certain types of skills. Of the many things Trump supports, this upsets me less than the majority.

The funny thing is that I feel most folks wouldn't get into a america with the standard immigration test. I actually fare better with this bill than what it would be replacing. However, this one still sucks.

Canadian here: I don't qualify

LOL

Score 22 or 25 out of 30

it's ironic that a 71 year old now decides that 40 year olds + are worth less now, LOL

maybe I need a Noble Prize or Olympic Gold

That said, this kind of system is actually not atypical for immigration. When I was considering moving to the UK, they were using a system that prioritized certain types of skills. Of the many things Trump supports, this upsets me less than the majority.

What skills does Trump require?

A nobel peace prize.
An olympic medal.
Investing over a 1.3 million into commercial business.

But yet I can get into Germany with my stem bachelors degree and be happy. Supply/Demand sure, but this is too stringent.

Top Bottom