• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 60 fps gameplay.

Demon Ice

Banned
Footage definitely dropped down from 60 FPS plenty of times. Odd choice going with such a CPU limited engine for a console title.

I have no idea what people are seeing in this. This doesn't look much different from all the Cawladoodys and stuff that people claim they were so tired of.

This is because, at the end of the day, "people" aren't tired of them, which is why they still sell 5+ million copies on day 1 every year. A select few, a vocal minority of hardcore FPS players are tired of them, but the vast majority can still be suckered in by the perks/persistent XP system, the low skill curve, and the PRESS RT TO AWEEEESOMMMEE gameplay. It's like the Plinkett review of Titanic. Lightning in a bottle. Perfectly targeting that average consumer's tastes and desires from a video game right at the dead center of the bell curve. No matter how much you point out the sameyness of the gameplay, how teaspoon shallow it is, and how they are suckering you into spending $60 on the same game every year, and probably a similar amount on the DLCs, people will still play it and love it.

Gawddamm this game. Makes me jelly so hard.
pKCAERn.png

I'm not even sure my piss-poor PC can handle this at 60 without major sacrifices.

It's source engine. Even your grandmother's machine would be able to handle it.

mother of god why is this game not coming out to ps4?
Because it's a new generation so they wanted to get accustomed to one platform at a time, or so I've read.

This is because, at the end of the day, "people" aren't tired of them, which is why they still sell 5+ million copies on day 1 every year. A select few, a vocal minority of hardcore FPS players are tired of them, but the vast majority can still be suckered in by the perks/persistent XP system, the low skill curve, and the PRESS RT TO AWEEEESOMMMEE gameplay. It's like the Plinkett review of Titanic. Lightning in a bottle. Perfectly targeting that average consumer's tastes and desires from a video game right at the dead center of the bell curve. No matter how much you point out the sameyness of the gameplay, how teaspoon shallow it is, and how they are suckering you into spending $60 on the same game every year, and probably a similar amount on the DLCs, people will still play it and love it.
This. There's nothing wrong with Call of Duty except it's basically plagiarizing itself at this point. Titanfall seems to retain what makes Call of Duty so fun and appealing, while bringing its share of innovation and a new setting.

RyudBoy

This game is making it hard for me to not switch my preorder of the PS4 to X1. Between this and Killer Instinct, they're two of the games that I really want to play. Quantum Break looks damn interesting, too.

Ryuuga

Banned
Not at all impressed as it seems like a CoD conversion. I suppose if I was into the close quarter encounters that made CoD an industry sweetheart I'd be feeling this game, but the new setting and additional gameplay mechanics don't seem like much a departure from the last several years. This and Destiny are the hat sitting atop Malibu Stacy.

Minigo

This game is making it hard for me to not switch my preorder of the PS4 to X1. Between this and Killer Instinct, they're two of the games that I really want to play. Quantum Break looks damn interesting, too.

you should switch it, like totally, go for it, then report back a couple of weeks after your purchase please.

JimiNutz

Banned

I'm in this position too.
PS4 seems like the far superior product... but I prefer the games I'm seeing on Xbox One (Titanfall, KI, Forza 5). I will prob stick with PS4, but these games are tempting....

Naked Lunch

You are in this hobby to play good games right? Logical to go with the system with the better games. Xbox One's current lineup destroys PS4's.

You are in this hobby to play good games right? Logical to go with the system with the better games. Xbox One's current lineup destroys PS4's.
Ehhh... Launch titles never define a console and I actually see both console's launch line-ups being rather similar in terms of quality. Plus you have to factor in the fact that the vast majority of multiplatform games are very likely to run and/or look better on PS4, which will only prove more and more true as we move away from cross-gen development.

Not at all impressed as it seems like a CoD conversion. I suppose if I was into the close quarter encounters that made CoD an industry sweetheart I'd be feeling this game, but the new setting and additional gameplay mechanics don't seem like much a departure from the last several years. This and Destiny are the hat sitting atop Malibu Stacy.

I'm not a big CoD fan, but I'm not seeing the comparisons to CoD at all. The shooting/gunplay mechanics looks VERY similar, but given that the maps have to be signed for regular players AND mechs, the chances of this being a game that focuses only on close-quarters are pretty low.

RyudBoy

I'm way more interested in X1's exclusive games at launch. PS4 just doesn't have that exclusive killer app that I'm looking for at the moment. The Order 1886 could be it, but we don't know much about it and when it'll be available. An announcement of a new Uncharted game would've solidified my purchase of a PS4 but alas, right now the X1 is looking better of the two when it comes to games of my interest.

That aside, I also want the best tech available and there's no question about it that PS4 is more powerful than X1. There were several 3rd party games announced(MGS V, Watch Dogs, The Division, FF XV, and Battlefield 4 just to name a few) of interest that will most likely be better on PS4. This is one of the reasons why I'm leaning towards purchasing a PS4 over an X1. It's the same as it is now when I choose 3rd party 360 games over PS3 because they look/run better. That's just the way it is for me. Both systems will have exclusives that I'll want, but I don't know if I can justify buying a X1 at launch if indeed the PS4 version of multiplat games end up being better.

Which brings us to the main issue - the price... $500 is too much. There's just no way to look around it. Buy the system with 1 game and you're already looking at around $600 with tax included. That's absurd, and I just don't know if I can bring myself to spend that much on a console - one that is technically inferior to it's competitor and will cost $100 less!

So that's my current dilemma. I feel so conflicted over the purchase of my next console. None of the DRM/used games stuff really bothers me. If only MS didn't include a stupid Kinect and priced the console cheaper this would make my decision so much easier, but whatever. As of now, I still have a PS4 along with Watch Dogs preordered. I'll eventually own an X1. I just can't decide if it'll be at launch.

Xamdou

Not sure if mention yet but you will be able to customize your mechs, to what degree Repawn rep said TBA at a later date. Source is the Morgan Webb interview video from the Xbox 360 E3 coverage.

Al13n

Neo Member

Glad to see the anti MS hype finally fading and people coming to their senses. XBONE E3 lineup really WAS better IMO. Can`t wait to own one!

Jondoyle123

Neo Member
Glad to see the anti MS hype finally fading and people coming to their senses. XBONE E3 lineup really WAS better IMO. Can`t wait to own one!

what senses ? a pc / xb1 games , a re-hash of dead rising ? what are these amazing games

please tell me ? a ton of cg only trailers ? multi platform games ?

p.s if you mention halo 5 -_-

Rumble19

I think this is the game I'm most excited for coming out of e3. PC day 1 as long as it has dedicated servers/good mouse support etc.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
This game multiplayer wise seems to SHIT on most active pace games out.

I'm fucking excited for it and I'm not even that into MP games.

This looks fucking fun as fuck

TheDanger

Banned
looks great, lol the video only played with the built in Windows 8 metro player without lag, maybe 15 fps with CCCP Media Player Classic and it was even worse with VLC. What kind of codec is that?

Al13n

Neo Member
what senses ? a pc / xb1 games , a re-hash of dead rising ? what are these amazing games

please tell me ? a ton of cg only trailers ? multi platform games ?

p.s if you mention halo 5 -_-

Titan, DR3, KI3, Forza, Ryse and yeah, maybe even PvZ. Perfect game to play with my gf.

Also really curious about Halo and Quantum Break.

I think this maybe what X1 is good at aka online only games so I don't mind getting shooters for it, I am going to try to get into Destiny/Titan even though im not the biggest FPS fan

Source is only dual threaded, so it can only use 1/4 of the power of a really weak CPU to begin with. Top that off with AMD's notorious per thread performance issues, and you begin to understand.

They are using their own customized version of source. It would not make sense to tweak an engine and not add support for more threads, especially when you are developing a game for an 8 core console.

Hoodbury

It's source engine. Even your grandmother's machine would be able to handle it.

I don't know what source engine means, do you think my computer from 2006 could run it? It has a 7900GTX with 4 gigs of RAM and Windows 7. I don't remember the processor, some AMD one from back in 2006.

It was a high end computer in 2006, but that was 7 years ago now and the only thing I upgraded was the RAM to 4 gigs.

This is exactly how im feeling. This game looks so hype and I dont know if I could wait a year for it to come on PS4. I know the PS4 might be better in the long run for games but not sure if I can pass up the launch games for the Xbone. While Killzone and Infamous look amazing, they just dont look very fun to play compared to Titanfall or Killer Extinct.

I really want to play this game but I'm not willing to get a XBONE just for that alone. My PC is too old so I may be forced to get it for 360. I don't want to wait for a year until it comes out for PS4!

SMZC

Amazing. I can't wait until this comes out for PS4.

This, right here, is the worthy successor to COD4 and Modern Warfare 2, and not all the crap that Activision has been spewing out since the actual Infinity Ward members abandoned ship. It has that glorious COD4 feel, it looks like it's just as fun, intuitive and easy to get into, while actually bringing something new to the table. Activision, take notes.

...it's just so stupid from EA's part to have made that exclusivity deal with Microsoft, though. What in the world were they thinking? It's only logical to assume that EA wanted with Respawn something to combat COD's popularity, hopefully reaching similar levels sales-wise, if not higher ones. Why the hell are they then limiting their potential userbase from the get-go by launching on just the Xbox? Even though we already know pretty much for certain that this will be hitting the PS4 sooner or later, launching it at a later date is still going to entail less sold copies, while COD will be continuing to be in every platform, selling more. I can only imagine how substantial Microsoft's moneyhat must have been, but it still sounds to me like such a stupid move from EA's part.

This, right here, is the worthy successor to COD4 and Modern Warfare 2, and not all the crap that Activision has been spewing out since the actual Infinity Ward members abandoned ship. It has that glorious COD4 feel, it looks like it's just as fun, intuitive and easy to get into, while actually bringing something new to the table. Activision, take notes.

...it's just so stupid from EA's part to have made that exclusivity deal with Microsoft, though. What in the world were they thinking? It's only logical to assume that EA wanted with Respawn something to combat COD's popularity, hopefully reaching similar levels sales-wise, if not higher ones. Why the hell are they then limiting their potential userbase from the get-go by launching on just the Xbox? Even though we already know pretty much for certain that this will be hitting the PS4 sooner or later, launching it at a later date is still going to entail less sold copies, while COD will be continuing to be in every platform, selling more. I can only imagine how substantial Microsoft's moneyhat must have been, but it still sounds to me like such a stupid move from EA's part.

Money talks.

Rourkey

I'm guessing its easier to bag exclusives when the combined user install base of both consoles Is zero.

I do see where you are coming from though the fact COD2 was a launch title for the 360 probably had a massive influence in the 360 becoming the home of COD, we could see that with this game as well.

The Cowboy

I loved how it looked in the presentation, but after watching the 1080p @ 60fps version I love it even more.

My PC is ready for this game.

mkenyon

Banned
You mean nearly anyone who owns any PC should be able to play it.
Eh, there's a lot of demanding source titles out there. Even Dota 2 can have some major dips during action. This is at 1080P, maxed settings. 3570K at different MHz steppings, AMD 7970 @ 1100MHz.

They are using their own customized version of source. It would not make sense to tweak an engine and not add support for more threads, especially when you are developing a game for an 8 core console.
Unless you know something that I don't, that is some seriously inductive and speculative reasoning. I'd very much like it to be true though.

SMZC

I'm guessing its easier to bag exclusives when the combined user install base of both consoles Is zero.

I do see where you are coming from though the fact COD2 was a launch title for the 360 probably had a massive influence in the 360 becoming the home of COD, we could see that with this game as well.

This is coming for 360, though (not to mention PC), launching simultaneously with the Xbone release, and I bet my balls that many, many people will just get this on the former (hell, that's what I will be doing if I grow impatient before the PS4 port's announcement). If what you are saying is their goal they certainly didn't think things through.

GloveSlap

I am a Halo player/Xbox 360 only person looking to go PS4 only next gen. It sucks that the most promising Halo alternative for me is going to also be Microsoft exclusive. I guess I will just get it on 360, but that means I have to keep paying for Xbox Live (and PS Plus) at the same time) if I want to play it.

Hopefully Destiny will fit the bill, but so far it looks to be more co-op than deathmatch.

Top Bottom