• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 60 fps gameplay.

Haven't been able to read the whole thread, but some quick responses to things I've read:

First - so glad to have this finally out there! Even more excited that people seem to "get it" and are looking forward to playing it. We've been focusing on gameplay since day 1, and I think everyone is going to have a really fun time getting to know the game once its out :)

The 60fps videos are from our site, www.titanfall.com. I don't care where you're getting 'em, but if Gamersyde is slow for you, try it. A huge part of the game is the fluidity, and thats really lost on weak-sauce Youtube 30fps encodes. As long as I'm around, expect 60fps footage from us.

For those expecting "normal" Source engine - don't. Those super smart coders (like Calen in this thread!) have re-written a massive amount of the codebase. The renderer is completely new (multi-threaded, DX11, 64bit, etc.), along with all the sound code, netcode, input code, etc. There's a lot of cores on the Xbox One, and the coders are actively working on utilizing them as much as possible.

Cloud! Cloud. Cloud? Yeah - we're using the MS Cloud for the Xbox One version. All platforms will be 100% played on dedis, but on the Xbox One MS is providing an extra layer on Azure that allows us to spin up dedis at a moments notice based on active users in the variety of regions, among other things.

We aren't talking about the 360 version much yet, but rest assured that we're working with the team thats doing it and care very deeply that its a superb version. This is our debut game and we won't let just any turd out the door!

PC - yup, going to be on PC, and its going to be awesome. We've got a lot of hardcore PC gamers in the office, and we know there's a lot of you looking to get this on PC. Again, no turds. We know what PC guys like/expect, and really don't want to disappoint.

You guys working on a collectors edition? I want to preorder, but hoping for a CE that has a TITAN statue!

SpyGuy239

24 ft tall statue delivered to your house, for the low low price of $50,000

That's be awesome!!! hahaha

Titanfall looks amazing in 60fps. Doesn't look next-gen per se but definitely looks like an awesome game!

Does anyone have links to the BF4 E3 60fps videos? Thanks!

Deuterium

Look elsewhere, this game is designed around Multiplayer only, with some infusion of single player elements into multiplayer sessions.

You will be playing with and against other live players at all times.

Hmm, well maybe I could get into that. It sounds like this isn't a typical "match-making" multiplayer in which combat takes place on a single arena. If it is seamless, and it blends the single-player experience with other live players...that might be fine for me.

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't feel this way. What it is that has everyone so excited for this?

You're not the only one. This didn't blow me away at all. Looked just like Call of Duty with mechs thrown in.

Did it look fun? Of course, but absolutely nothing about it stood out to me.

Archpath1

iJQS00eFXof0U.gif

OP pistol
can someone make a proper gif of this mine sucks
its in the Adam Sessler interview at the 1st post around at 2:10

mobility can't even save you from autoaim.

Archpath1

it does have an overheat bar of some sort above the crosshair
maybe if they shrink it a tad bit more ? that seems too big lol

undu

For those expecting "normal" Source engine - don't. Those super smart coders (like Calen in this thread!) have re-written a massive amount of the codebase. The renderer is completely new (multi-threaded, DX11, 64bit, etc.), along with all the sound code, netcode, input code, etc. There's a lot of cores on the Xbox One, and the coders are actively working on utilizing them as much as possible.

Interesting, since you rewrote that much of the codebase, what made you use Source?

hwalker84

Haven't been able to read the whole thread, but some quick responses to things I've read:

First - so glad to have this finally out there! Even more excited that people seem to "get it" and are looking forward to playing it. We've been focusing on gameplay since day 1, and I think everyone is going to have a really fun time getting to know the game once its out :)

The 60fps videos are from our site, www.titanfall.com. I don't care where you're getting 'em, but if Gamersyde is slow for you, try it. A huge part of the game is the fluidity, and thats really lost on weak-sauce Youtube 30fps encodes. As long as I'm around, expect 60fps footage from us.

Cloud! Cloud. Cloud? Yeah - we're using the MS Cloud for the Xbox One version. All platforms will be 100% played on dedis, but on the Xbox One MS is providing an extra layer on Azure that allows us to spin up dedis at a moments notice based on active users in the variety of regions, among other things.

We aren't talking about the 360 version much yet, but rest assured that we're working with the team thats doing it and care very deeply that its a superb version. This is our debut game and we won't let just any turd out the door!

PC - yup, going to be on PC, and its going to be awesome. We've got a lot of hardcore PC gamers in the office, and we know there's a lot of you looking to get this on PC. Again, no turds. We know what PC guys like/expect, and really don't want to disappoint.
Controller support on PC? May double dip if true.

Nokterian

Congratulations on finally bringing the game out there.

Yeah PC version is day 1 for when it was announced and dedi servers are to me the biggest plus.

MercuryLS

Banned

Please bring this to PS4 as soon as possible :(

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Listening to the Bombcast with the Respawn guys and I only just realized that this is a multiplayer only game. I don't know how I missed that detail. That's a smart move, no doubt, but I was really hoping to see their take on a campaign with these new mechanics (something a bit more open ended than CoD).

As someone who does not play multiplayer often, it seems like I'm going to have to skip this one. :\

J-Rzez

Looked good, will possibly go after the PC version because there's no PS4 version (later at best). MP only? Better have a ton of "real" value and replay if it's going to be full priced. Persistent worlds pls.

Controller support on the PC will get me buying this game. I use my PC like a console and as long as this game allows me to do that then I'm sold. I won't touch the damn XBone though.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
It's a 1 year timed exclusive, so it won't be for awhile.

Has this been confirmed? Anywhere? I don't care if I have to wait a year. I just want to know I can play it on my PS4 with friends at some point. (I will own an Xbox One as well, but all my friends jumped ship to PS4)

teokrazia

Happy to hear that.
Keep up the good work!

Septimius

With the Nvidia Windows 7 'Xbox One' computers at E3, how relevant is the discussion of 60 fps? To me, this is just a video that shows what the game would look like at its current state in 60 fps, and I cannot trust that this means "this is how the game will look on Xbone, and it's 60 fps, btw".

Do developers have a guarantee of final specs, or proper hardware to test this on? With the E3 development, I just have no way of telling.

bj00rn_

Banned

Self-guided bullets (which we already have working prototypes of in the real-world), not autoaim per se. It's even clearly indicated in the HUD. I remember seeing that for the first time in vertical scrollers in the arcades. Not necessarily a bad thing. But of course good for knee-jerk "Xbone-lulz".

Zemm

When are they targeting to release this anyway? I must have missed that. This as well as MGS5 were the highlights of E3 game wise, both looked superb.

iJQS00eFXof0U.gif

OP pistol
can someone make a proper gif of this mine sucks
its in the Adam Sessler interview at the 1st post around at 2:10

That's some bullshit, why would you put something like that in? to accommodate people who can't aim? I can see myself raging already

Ryuuga

Banned
As someone who does not play multiplayer often, it seems like I'm going to have to skip this one. :\

That seems to be how most others feel. While I've read that this game takes steps to blend a singleplayer feel into multiplayer, it still feels like you're playing a multiplayer mode with AI individuals until the server starts to populate with users. Also new IPs usually don't get as much love as established ones but I wonder why this thread isn't getting as much attention as others shown during the MS presser despite the positive reaction.

jet1911

With the Nvidia Windows 7 'Xbox One' computers at E3, how relevant is the discussion of 60 fps? To me, this is just a video that shows what the game would look like at its current state in 60 fps, and I cannot trust that this means "this is how the game will look on Xbone, and it's 60 fps, btw".

Do developers have a guarantee of final specs, or proper hardware to test this on? With the E3 development, I just have no way of telling.

So now because one XBLA game was demoed on PC (for unknown reasons) every X1 games were? Is that the popular assumption? Good to know.

no angel

That seems to be how most others feel. While I've read that this game takes steps to blend a singleplayer feel into multiplayer, it still feels like you're playing a multiplayer mode with AI individuals until the server starts to populate with users. Also new IPs usually don't get as much love as established ones but I wonder why this thread isn't getting as much attention as others shown during the MS presser despite the positive reaction.

If by 'most others' you mean 'those on GAF' then fair enough, otherwise I'd have to disagree. Few buy COD for single player, and if they market this with plenty of 'references to Respawns COD lineage it will sell gangbusters which will mean plenty of online users for multiplayer. Personally I can't wait, Titanfall is pretty much my sole reason at the moment for grabbing an Xbone and I can't wait for more footage and details.

dejay

Banned
i saw vince talking so much about balance, balance, balance.. and then you see this, where is the balance in that? where is the counter? none of them dudes stood a single chance

I dunno, a lot of people at the show proclaimed it as one of their top games from the show. I'm pretty sure they're not going to over-power mechs to reduce the pilots to cannon fodder.

Visually it looks half-way between a current gen game and a 'next gen' game, but 60fps is a bonus.

However, gameplay looks same old same old.

i saw vince talking so much about balance, balance, balance.. and then you see this, where is the balance in that? where is the counter? none of them dudes stood a single chance

Balance is about making sure pilots stand a chance against mechs. Balance is about making sure no gun is more much more powerful than others. Balance is about making maps that don't give one side an advantage.

Balance is not about making sure you can never get headshoted by a pistol. Hate if you want, but one of the little things COD does right is never making the player feel completely powerless. So even when you switch to that secondary you've still got some lethality. I've got no problem with a pistol being dangerous. It's never going to be quite as dangerous as a primary though.

Balance is about making sure pilots stand a chance against mechs. Balance is about making sure no gun is more much more powerful than others. Balance is about making maps that don't give one side an advantage.

Balance is not about making sure you can never get headshoted by a pistol. Hate if you want, but one of the little things COD does right is never making the player feel completely powerless. So even when you switch to that secondary you've still got some lethality. I've got no problem with a pistol being dangerous. It's never going to be quite as dangerous as a primary though.

It AUTOAIMS at 3 dudes and AUTO instant headshots in 1 shot... it's a little different then just getting a headshot with a pistol.

That's some bullshit, why would you put something like that in? to accommodate people who can't aim? I can see myself raging already

It's the natural progression, we've already seen the inclusion of maphack (UAV) and wallhack (That one scope from Black Ops 2, the HRV thing in Blacklight,) so it's obviously time to have an included aimbot as well. Well at least one that's more blatant than what is already included in the form of aim assist.

RooMHM

Gameplay videos are ruined because played with a pad. Seeing the movement such as wall jimp and double jump where you have to look where you want to go is cringing.

Destiny looks so far from this in its gameplay. They re not even in the same league. This is faster than Destiny whiwh is perfectly normal because Destiny is made by Bungie. Better add that low gravity to make sure the game is slow enough !

Top Bottom