• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Beta (PC/Xbone) Impressions (No Key Begging/Trading or I will ban you!)

Come home from a long ass day at work in an annoyingly hot February and all I wanna do is eat dinner and try this game out. Of course the servers predictably shit the bed.

The Cowboy

Need to upgrade that GPU

Not for this game he doesn't, the 570 can hit 580 speeds and that should easily be more than enough for how titanfall looks.

I will say this on it though, using high textures on my 480 it hits 1500mb mem usage, so I recon a 570 may need to drop the textures a notch extra - or respawn really need to optimise them more (they don't look like they should take up as much as they do when set to high)..

multivac

Anyone know the location of the config file? Figured since the game is on Source engine I'd try to set up my mouse sensitivity before the servers come back up

BloodR0se

I haven't forgotten a thing, I'm reminded of who we're dealing with every time I decide to put in my BF4 disc. And its not that they dont know about customer service, its more like they don't really care. Im also reminded when people in their company go and say that the problems didn't affect sales, when they made damn well sure people couldn't talk about any problems before launch.

On they're good at that. They take the same approach to customer complaints on their forums as the Chinese government took to political descent under Mao. Anything they don't like is quickly purged and the customer is gagged.

It doesn't look good for the games industry when a business like that are able to pull in their level of profits despite such appalling customer service standards.

Woo-Fu

Banned
So what exactly caused the servers to go down?

Somebody was playing Battlefield 4 on the matchmaking server in one of the datacenters. Soon as somebody threw a grenade on Operation Locker it locked up the machine, taking down all of matchmaking for everything on that Azure cluster.

Not a true story, but not entirely unbelievable either, is it?

I'm glad I've got The Last of Us: Left Behind to keep me company until the servers come out. Was really excited to play TitanFall, but, ya know, servers down and all that.

Leopold

ZjV7stZ.jpg

Top Bottom