• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Beta (PC/Xbone) Impressions (No Key Begging/Trading or I will ban you!)

Yuuichi

The tally so far...

- EA
- Microsoft
- Respawn
- Valve
- Kojima
- id
- John Carmack
- Obama
- Blackthorn
- Al Gore
- Bobby Kotick and Activision
- Nintendo
- Wii Fit U
- Douglas Engelbart
- Alan Turing

Hell, just add me to the list. I played the game earlier today.

If you are getting into the game menu on any platform I would recommend just playing the tutorial. Too risky to search for a game at the moment.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I've depleted almost an entire bottle of wine waiting to get in. If I do play, people will assume I'm a bot at this rate.

Edit: Oh! A game, an actual game!

Rnr1224

Keeping the connecting loop on for about 20 min till I go to bed. Hopefully will manage to make it into one game. On east US btw

ElRenoRaven

Well it's worse again. Now just the retrieving list then no servers found. Not testing any now. While at it I nominate Nintendo for the list because they saved gaming when the crash happened. As a result we have EA now.

I've depleted almost an entire bottle of wine waiting to get in. If I do play, people will assume I'm a bot at this rate.

Edit: Oh! A game, an actual game!

I imagine most of us are drinking.... I been hammering beers, playing bf4 with some XM pink floyd chanel mixed in.

Happy Valentinessss DAY.

Sean

Banned
It seems that once you get in / connect it's smooth sailing from there.

I don't want to jinx it but I played the tutorial and just finished a match and starting my second one with no issues/disconnects (Xbone East server).

Milennia

It seems that once you get in / connect it's smooth sailing from there.

I don't want to jinx it but I played the tutorial and just finished a match and starting my second one with no issues/disconnects (Xbone East server).

It's not, I got into east us on Xbox and couldn't do shit outside of sit in a near empty lobby and edit my loadouts.

DocSeuss

Maybe they should go ahead, delay the game, and add a single-player bots-only mode so they don't have a completely unplayable wreck on launch?

Because my impression right now is "woah, hey, they have an FOV slider! I wonder what it looks like in game!"

In Central US, should I have East, West, or something else?

EDIT: Oh, wait, I'm stupid. I'm East, apparently.

My goodness this game is incredibly easy.

Have not been frustrated by it once. Having a ton of fun playing this.

Hope you all get a chance to play this real soon.

Yuuichi

Maybe they should go ahead, delay the game, and add a single-player bots-only mode so they don't have a completely unplayable wreck on launch?

Because my impression right now is "woah, hey, they have an FOV slider! I wonder what it looks like in game!"

In Central US, should I have East, West, or something else?

It was working great until it sort of all arbitrarily died at one point. Just been 6 hours since then, and nothing.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Holy. Fucking. Wow.

Shaking here.

And yes, Happy Valentine's Day indeed.

Edit: Unshakeable 60fps by the way here, on a 660gt and 3770k. Windowed, 1080p, maxed out.

Oozer3993

thats why the beta is there, to fix any problems and predicament it brings.

hopefully they realize the demand is high and get 124983294823 more servers

The problem isn't a lack of servers. Microsoft's Azure cloud has plenty. It's that servers aren't being dynamically allocated for the amount of players trying to connect. Which is just what this phased roll out was designed to test.

I feel like a hitter again Yu Darvish, just can't seem to hit it!

ku-medium.gif

Give me one I can hit EA!

Megasoum

Banned
I think I'm in?.... Well I'm "finding teammates" right now anyway... I'm alone with another guy in my team...not finding anybody else lol.

US East on PC.

Hawk269

Yeah, something is happening. Instead of it saying instantly no servers, I am getting "retrieving matchmaking list" and other things...eventually it times out and goes back to "no servers" but it seems like there is sign of life.

Just got 2 codes for the Xbox One version and am at 90% downloaded. Hopefully the X1 version is working so I can play b4 going to beed

Top Bottom