• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Beta (PC/Xbone) Impressions (No Key Begging/Trading or I will ban you!)

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Lost connection :(

Did manage to figure out that if you're suffering from stuttering with vsync enabled on Nvidia, disabling in game vsync and switching to windowed mode gives you a tear free and mostly stutter free game. Spread the word.

sflufan

Banned
You know who is probably not very pleased by this? EA.

Even though they really have nothing to do with it, I bet they're convinced that they'll get blamed somehow after the SimCity and BF4 debacles.

Clawww

I'm getting sleepy I've been wanting to play all evening @_@

I'd be OK if I didn't get a taste of it last night but I really want to get back in

Woo-Fu

Banned
You know who is probably not very pleased by this? EA.

Even though they really have nothing to do with it, I bet they're convinced that they'll get blamed somehow after the SimCity and BF4 debacles.

Why should they expect anything else? They're the publisher, the buck stops there.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Yeah but these are Microsoft's servers...

So? EA chose to use those servers. EA chose to do business with Microsoft. EA's decision, EA's responsibility.

If I hire you to mow my lawn and your shitty lawnmower breaks down am I going to blame you or am I going to blame whomever made the lawnmower? I'm going to blame you because it is your responsibility.

It's a no-go, bros. This is how it looks on my HD5000

titanfall-tearing2.jpg

That's what gamers nexus was getting on their HD4000.

hawk2025

Everybody's guilty!

I connected about half an hour ago, played two matches with a fuckton of lag, and now can't connect again (west coast here).

theRizzle

Yeah but these are Microsoft's servers...

This is true, and I'm not sure how much blame EA (or anyone) deserves in having server issues in a Beta. It's a Beta. If this was launch day, it would be completely different.

However, I wonder if there was any sort of discourse between EA and Microsoft about server readiness or potential issues or anything like that. Also interesting to me is how much money this cost EA in technical support man hours alone dealing with people who had messed up CD-Keys or whatever. It's probably an insignificant sum, but I still find minutiae like that interesting.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
This is a beta - the whole point is to make things crash. Why are people "blaming" companies? If you pay 60 for the game and its fucked, then you complain.

This isn't some best buy beta bullshit

Xyber

And it's Valve's fault for creating the Source Engine!

To summarize, we can blame:

- EA
- Microsoft
- Respawn
- Valve

No, Source engine is a good thing. Then respawn did a bunch of bad things to it and now it runs like shit* on even the latest hardware. :(

*Not really like shit, but quite bad for something based on Source.

hawk2025

This is true, and I'm not sure how much blame EA (or anyone) deserves in having server issues in a Beta. It's a Beta. If this was launch day, it would be completely different.

However, I wonder if there was any sort of discourse between EA and Microsoft about server readiness or potential issues or anything like that. Also interesting to me is how much money this cost EA in technical support man hours alone dealing with people who had messed up CD-Keys or whatever. It's probably an insignificant sum, but I still find minutiae like that interesting.

It's true that it's a beta.

However:

- We are less than a month from launch.
- Respawn still needs to work on the framerate.
- Respawn is still shooting for 900p.
- AND they have to figure out all of the server issues.

All in about three weeks.

Maybe the server issues are all in Microsoft's court, though.

sflufan

Banned
Alright, still compiling the "Titanfail Blame Game" List, we're up to:

- EA
- Microsoft
- Respawn
- Valve
- Kojima
- id
- John Carmack
- Obama
- Blackthorn

Smokey

it's a beta. Why are people getting upset? it's free and a beta. if you want a perfect game than wait for a release date.

Yep. It's usually why I don't mess with betas anymore and just wait for final product.

In the end it's good that it's like this now. Hopefully they'll be prepared in March for final release.

Woo-Fu

Banned
You realize the game didn't just, exist, and then they chose to go with Microsoft, right?

That is beside the point, the responsibility still lies with EA. Kind of mind-boggling that people want to give EA a pass, of all companies in this industry.

Top Bottom