• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Beta (PC/Xbone) Impressions (No Key Begging/Trading or I will ban you!)

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
The single best aspect of TF is the losers bus. Running shit heals out of town for being sucker MCs on their pontoon of failure is the besssssssssssssst.

XxCGSxX

My rig: AMD fx 8320, 8gb ram, MSI R9 270 oced similar to a 270x.
Now can someone explain to me why I can run games like Left 4 Dead 2 at similar settings 8xmsaa everything high and Anti. 16x 1080p but with Titanfall my framerate drops to 40-50 when shits blowing up and specially inside a titan. It even drops sometimes when I dropped it to 4x MSAA. Please explain GAF! I hope it's just because it's a beta :/ I made myself this pc just because of Titanfall.
Quoting myself for new page, help pc GAF is this normal for betas or is it my pc?

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
So is there any fix for the Xbone beta people who cannot get in? My friends console is still failing to even get past the main menu, cannot connect to data center. We played DR3 for like 2 hours earlier so it can't be his connection. And now they are opening up the beta to everyone, so clearly the server issues cannot be that bad.

Is there any way to close a game on the Xbox One? Does just starting a different game close it out? I am wondering if he needs to maybe completely exit out of the beta and restart it and maybe then he can connect.

Daingurse

The single best aspect of TF is the losers bus. Running shit heals out of town for being sucker MCs on their pontoon of failure is the besssssssssssssst.

I love that there is a fun aspect to losing. I don't think I've ever played a game that did that before.

Finster

Quoting myself for new page, help pc GAF is this normal for betas or is it my pc?

Because it's not Source engine? Seriously, Source engine is very old, and while it looks great won't hold a candle to any modern engine like Frostbite 3 or Unreal in terms of feature set. More features means more work to render. And honestly, 40-50 fps is pretty darn good.

I played a few rounds at my friend's apartment tonight. From the perspective of someone who basically skipped the past generation of FPS, I'd say it's pretty easy to jump in and start having fun. Traversal is fast and intuitive. Graphics look nice. And the Titans themselves offer a nice layer to the gameplay. My biggest complaint is that that there is a bewildering amount of text flying around the screen, but I gather that is a hallmark of these types of games. I have no intention of buying the game (not that I have a system that can run it), but if I were in a setting that lent itself to local multiplayer, I would gladly throw it in the rotation.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Because it's not Source engine? Seriously, Source engine is very old, and while it looks great won't hold a candle to any modern engine like Frostbite 3 or Unreal in terms of feature set. More features means more work to render. And honestly, 40-50 fps is pretty darn good.

it is source engine tho

Elixist

Im having alot of fun with the game, ive played probably 12 hours now lol. i'd rate the beta 9/10, id love to see a real moba mode with turrets and pushing and buying.

XxCGSxX

For comparison, I downloaded the Castlevania lords of shadow 2 demo and it runs everything at high settings at a rock solid 60 fps. It can't be even if I know down the anti aliasing to 4x msaa it sometimes drops when theres alot going on to 40 and 50, it annoys the shit out of me. My rig runs everything at 60fps until now, theres people also with similar setups on the Respawn site with the same problem as me, already posted feedback over there.

Vire

I'm finding it a little silly that there is no team auto balance in right now. As it stands if I get on the winning team we just win over and over again instead of giving the other team some of the better players and making it more of a challenge.

I love stomping a team as much as the next guy but at a certain point it just feels like you didn't earn it and you are just bullying hah. Most of the games I play in have felt pretty one sided.

Paz

Engines have little to do with a games performance, there is no way to know what Titan Fall is doing compared to Left 4 Dead. Not much else to it really.

XxCGSxX

Engines have little to do with a games performance, there is no way to know what Titan Fall is doing compared to Left 4 Dead. Not much else to it really.
Oh well, if it's really me guess I'll deal with it and play with the settings.

Sipheren

Banned
Been playing it my xbone since sat and I'll defiantly buy it. It's a great evolution of the cod style and I enjoy it much more.

I think I rather the capture flag mode the best. The game looks great and runs great for me too, u abbr always liked the saw the source engine looks.

Fingers crossed they won't have any server issues on launch.

jwk94

A friend of mine was describing a similar issue while trying to play on his laptop. He found the solution from using this in Nvidia Control Panel. He said it was like night and day when playing in matches with me after changing those settings.
Listen to this man! Tell your friend I said thanks. Titanfall is running smoothly now.

tm24

So after i jump on an enemy titan, what do I do? I have no idea. Similarly, what do i do when they jump on my titan?

Also, killing someone by having your titan capsule drop on them is pretty amazing

BTM

I'm finding it a little silly that there is no team auto balance in right now. As it stands if I get on the winning team we just win over and over again instead of giving the other team some of the better players and making it more of a challenge.

I love stomping a team as much as the next guy but at a certain point it just feels like you didn't earn it and you are just bullying hah. Most of the games I play in have felt pretty one sided.

A lot of my games, in Attrition at least, have come down to the wire. A team may be down 75 points, but if they get all of their titans together they can come back in a hurry. No team is every really out of it, which is refreshing. I've had multiple games where the winning team would only win by 5 or less points. It gets intense.

I have been a part of games where the teams don't switch up and one team wins pretty handily over and over again, but it doesn't happen too often.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is there no way to view the score card between matches? It appears for a few seconds and then it's gone.

Doesn't seem like it. There's a way to see the last match results but it just seems to show the final thing at the end showing challenges and XP gain.

jwk94

Whelp, just got done with a few matches. I really don't like how bots populate the rounds. I feel like I'm progressing when I'm really not. I may as well be playing by myself. I viewed my score card for my last match and I killed 1 human and 17 bots. That's ridiculous.

Overall, the game's pretty fun. I've only played one mode though. I'll probably do more tomorrow.

BBboy20

Any explanation or fix on these huge massive missing textures (or missing levels)? Like I only see the 2D background, some assets, and that's it.

The grenades in this game feel great to throw. Getting a dude to ragdoll from one is extremely satisfying. I still think matches need to be longer and mechs need to take longer to get. Everything is too condensed. It makes for chaotic yet repetitive gameplay.

poodpick

Since the beta is going open soon and EAs site is down, someone can quote this post for a key

Edit: I'm going to bed soon so anyone can have the key!

T2J6C-J39FF-6QKV6-7VHJ7-F3GFZ

joe1138

I viewed my score card for my last match and I killed 1 human and 17 bots. That's ridiculous.

I had a similar experience with one of my recent matches. I'm still really enjoying it though, definitely interested to see how the game controls with the controller firmware update.

Wow, the Stryder is so much fun to play with. Getting ganged up on by 5 enemy titans? Peace out, yo. God luck catching me.

Anyone know a good hosting site for large files (3GBish)? I captured some 1080p60fps gameplay with the Stryder.

J_Lee

Banned
Whelp, just got done with a few matches. I really don't like how bots populate the rounds. I feel like I'm progressing when I'm really not. I may as well be playing by myself. I viewed my score card for my last match and I killed 1 human and 17 bots. That's ridiculous.

Overall, the game's pretty fun. I've only played one mode though. I'll probably do more tomorrow.

This is my problem love the game but hate the bots, some matches where people on my team are really good I can't even find someone to kill. That auto aiming pistol is also the bane of of my existence.

So it finally showed up in my downloads list after ~3 hours and now that I've downloaded it it just constantly freezes in the main menu. The music stops and I can't move, all I can do is menu out to the Xbox One dash and quit. Anyone else experience this?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

Focus on killing Titans. Probably the most fun part of the game anyway.

This game is much better than I anticipated. I was skeptical on how well they could incorporate mechs in the fight, but it's pretty well balanced. Just because you're in a mech doesn't mean you can go gung-ho all of a sudden. I tend to stick with my teammate mechs more often.

feel

Got home and played a few matches on PC. The hype is real, so much fun. No clue what I'm doing or what's going on, but everything looks smooth, beautiful and badass. Reminds me of how awesome and exciting the COD4 beta felt to play at the time.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
For being such a small thing I'll echo the love for the escape thing.

It can actually be surprisingly tense when you're in it and it's getting slammed hard by multiple titans, then it blasts off into a calming view in space.

GavinGT

Banned
So it finally showed up in my downloads list after ~3 hours and now that I've downloaded it it just constantly freezes in the main menu. The music stops and I can't move, all I can do is menu out to the Xbox One dash and quit. Anyone else experience this?

I haven't heard of anyone having that problem. But you know the drill - hard reset the Xbox by holding down the power button for 7 seconds.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
It's become clear to me now I'm gonna be playing a lot of Titanfall this year.

Top Bottom