• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Beta runs at native ’792p’ resolution on Xbox One, may increase with final

daniels

I dont get it ...the game doesnt look anywhere nearly as good to justify that shit resolution 60fps or not.. are the new consoles really that underpowerd?

UnrealEck

I don't think any of that will actually work. They gutted the renderer and wrote their own.

Even if it's a "completely gutted" Source, I'm optimistic that they'll have support for things like Nvidia surround. It's become a big name shooter and they're clearly serious about marketting it as one that stands up beside Battlefield and Call of Duty. I know that Nvidia were working with the developer of the game too.

liger05

It always saddens me when people poke fun at the 599$ PS3 price. Introductory price is important, and it hurt them at first, but it's short sighted to focus on it only with all the 360 perephials. When you considered blu-ray vs. the hd-dvd attachment, upgrade-able hard drives, and not needed a wi-fi adapter the value of the 599$ PS3 was really really good.

Subjective and the markets response was a resounding no.

792p ? What is that? I can't even.

Also, is there Kinect use in this game at all?
You know ... with Kinect being integral part of Xbox one experience and all that.

Hopefully kinect is not integrated into it, no shorter deserves such disrespect

Donos

It always saddens me when people poke fun at the 599$ PS3 price. Introductory price is important, and it hurt them at first, but it's short sighted to focus on it only with all the 360 perephials. When you considered blu-ray vs. the hd-dvd attachment, upgrade-able hard drives, and not needed a wi-fi adapter the value of the 599$ PS3 was really really good.

Maybe it was not that bad but Sony just came out of the PS2 era as total dominator and thought people would buy everything. That attitude combined with the hefty 599 $ and no real "wow" games at launch made it pretty terrible. Then again it was one of the best but cheapest Blu Ray players at the time.

Biker19

Banned
The problem of the ONE is not its graphical power, but its memory system. DDR3 is a huge bottleneck and a lot of devs have stated that the ESRAM is not big enough to handle 1080p easily.

Which is one of the reasons why developers have to cut a lot of corners just to get games to run in 1080p/60 FPS on the console. Using genres like sports certainly doesn't take a lot of work & rendering to reach 1080p at all, but other genres such as open world games, good luck.

Hopefully kinect is not integrated into it, no shorter deserves such disrespect

I dunno, I had a quick play this morning and thought it was a shame I couldn't shout "Titanfall" or something to make my Titan drop. Genuinely mean that, quite like voice commands in their place.

DryvBy

So this is basically the difference between 792p vs. 1080p. Thanks to MS Paint and my skills.

0ThGRh0.png

Well I just played a match on the xbox one and I'm very disappointed. The game looks like shit, it really does. What a waste. You could instantly tell the lag - I did ok in my match, but you could tell by the kill cams, that by the time I was shooting a real player, it was already too late.

Did I mention that the game looks like shit. I'm sorry, BF4 of the PS4 shits all over this, and people think they are gonna be able to get the game higher than 792p or whatever shit resolution they have it at. I desperately want to try this on PC to try and save some scrap of excitement my had for this game. I certainly won't be playing this on xbone, unless there is some major turn around in graphic quality.

The game play seemed fun and hectic enough - but like I said I only had one match, so I won't comment on it too much.

The time between finding a match and then in-between matches was pretty ridiculous too. I'm contemplating not even getting this any more - nothing I saw blew me away.

I had 3 bars on a cable connection (10mb/s)

NuKERxyz

Well I just played a match on the xbox one and I'm very disappointed. The game looks like shit, it really does. What a waste. You could instantly tell the lag - I did ok in my match, but you could tell by the kill cams, that by the time I was shooting a real player, it was already too late.

Did I mention that the game looks like shit. I'm sorry, BF4 of the PS4 shits all over this, and people think they are gonna be able to get the game higher than 792p or whatever shit resolution they have it at. I desperately want to try this on PC to try and save some scrap of excitement my had for this game. I certainly won't be playing this on xbone, unless there is some major turn around in graphic quality.

The game play seemed fun and hectic enough - but like I said I only had one match, so I won't comment on it too much.

The time between finding a match and then in-between matches was pretty ridiculous too. I'm contemplating not even getting this any more - nothing I saw blew me away.

So the game is worst than the alpha?? (Cause nothing like that happenned in the alpha, even playing it on Europe back then with 150ms to the East Data center, hmmmm...).

El_Chino

You said "shit" quite a bit there.

Biker19

Banned
I understand that you cared enough to get rid of you Xbox one, but don't tell other people that they should be like you and care about graphics only. Obviously, better graphics on a system they paid a lot of money for would be great, but it's also about the games and 720p is fine for some people if the system has the games they want to play on it.

Well, if people are going to spend $500 w/tax of their hard earned money on a home gaming console, they're going to want & expect to see a lot of improvements on games graphically.

And it's completely failing at that objective.

Chobel

That's probably because the number of people playing beta now is small. I'm sure this will change when enough people get their beta codes.

Also you said there's lag, are you from Australia by any chance?

Sande

Why do people keep mentioning how strange something like 792p is? To me it makes more sense to settle with what your game can reach instead of instantly dropping down to 720p when you can't quite make 1080p. Does the 1.5 pixel ratio make 720p scale better or what's the point with it?

Oh boy, if people playing the game thinks it looks like shit...

Thanks for the impressions.

Montresor

Honestly, I'm waiting for this. That's why they postponed the 360 launch because it runs smoother than the Xbone version. :)

How could that be possible? Look at the difference between Tomb Raider XB1 and 360, or AC4 XB1 and 360, or just Ryse and Forza compared to most 360 games...

Wotanik

Banned
How could that be possible? Look at the difference between Tomb Raider XB1 and 360, or AC4 XB1 and 360, or just Ryse and Forza compared to most 360 games...

Did I say anything about the graphics? I just said it will most likely RUN smoother. There's already been reports that Xbone version dips FPS and has screen tearing.

The reason I bought a PS3 at the time was because I wanted a bluray drive and needed wifi and when I calculated the price of the 360 with a hard drive plus an Hd DVD and a wifi adaptor the PS3 at $599 was a couple hundred dollars cheaper than the equivalent version of the 360. However I was in the minority since most people just wanted a gaming console at a low price and the 360 definitely was the more affordable basic console.

PS4 is 1.84 tflops.
XB1 is 1.20 tflops.

66% of 1.84 is 1.21.

Therefore the XB1 is 33% slower.
Or the PS4 is 50% faster.

I think a better way to put it is that the XB1 has 66% of the power of the PS4

I'm sorry, but I don't believe you.

DeweyChat

Banned
I don't know how the devs could possibly make the game in 900p if even in 798p it already falls frequently under 60fps.

Going to 900p will be a HUDGE increase in resolution.

Anyone else downloaded the Digital Foundry footage?

Is there something Wong with the capture? Because it looks really bad, like YouTube bad.

It should be noted he is playing in Australia , which is where the lag comes from.

It was in reference to the game 'looking like shit'. Unless my eyes have some form of enhancing abilities unknown to myself and the wider science community...it does not look like shit.

I don't know how the devs could possibly make the game in 900p if even in 798p it already falls frequently under 60fps.

Ever heard of optimisation?

RulkezX

It was in reference to the game 'looking like shit'. Unless my eyes have some form of enhancing abilities unknown to myself and the wider science community...it does not look like shit.

Ever heard of optimisation?

It's hard to argue it looks good. Saying it looks shit is probably a little hyperbolic , but this *is* GAF , and it's never going to be in any best looking lists.

Does the X1 beta still have the ugly textures as well ?

Chobel

You know that's subjective, right? And yeah it looks bad compared to other fps games in PC

You optimize. At this stage they'll probably cut back on some things to achieve a higher resolution. May be things the average person doesn't even notice. Not sure though but that makes sense to me

Top Bottom