• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL Collector's Edition revealed

Helloween

Ah good. I see the lovley $250=£250 is at play again ugh... Can't support that.

On the flip side, that is a mighty nice looking model

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I guess it's priced so high because it's like fucking 1/20th scale lol

painted-titan.jpg

Probably just the camera angle though.

edit: yep, says 18" right in the OP which of course I missed.

malfcn

Semi-necro, but any idea how many they are producing?
They said they would be numbered, but if they are numbered to 999,999 they that isn't so special.

Also, GCU members can order it for $199 from BBY.

LifEndz

I guess it's priced so high because it's like fucking 1/20th scale lol

painted-titan.jpg

Probably just the camera angle though.

edit: yep, says 18" right in the OP which of course I missed.

Looks so bad ass. Never got into the collectors edition thing because I'd literally have no where to out that thing in mu NYC studio apartment.

KDR_11k

And I thought the AC Verdict Day C03 edition was expensive. That had a poseable mech model with interchangeable weapons. How much do mech models of something like Gundam normally cost?

$250 is a pretty ballsy amount to ask for when it's a new IP that doesn't even have single player.

This is what I was thinking. This is the sort of CE that would be more appropriate for a Titanfall 2 or 3 (assuming either of those gets made), not an unproven IP from a startup, regardless of their prestige or staff.

The fact that they point out that DLC content will be sold separately is just the icing on the weaksauce cake. Christ, even Ghosts got a Digital Edition with exclusive content. EA had better hope and pray that Titanfall is going to sell.

Boogdud

And I thought the AC Verdict Day C03 edition was expensive. That had a poseable mech model with interchangeable weapons. How much do mech models of something like Gundam normally cost?

Models? Typically your average HGUC model (1/144 scale) cost $25-40. Master Grade (1/100 scale) typically run $40-60, and the grand daddy of them all Perfect Grade (1/60 scale) run anywhere from $150 to $350.

1/60 scale would be closest to the scale of the included figure. But Perfect Grade models are far from a statue. They have complete inner mechanical skeletons, die cast parts, lighting, poseable to the nth degree with articulated everything down to the finger joints, etc. They usually have part counts in the 500-600 range.

New Titanfall controller coming too? Something tells me there will be a TF console as well. This thing is going to be huge.

xboxone_wirelesscontroller_titanfall_aoc_en_xc_xx_anl_rgb.png
http://news.xbox.com/2014/01/games-titanfall-controller

Edit: Oopps... these aren't the droids you're looking for... the controller is in a different thread. You didn't see anything here!

flkraven

I really wish there was a CE somewhere between, you know, $60 and $250? I mean jesus, I don't even know how the game plays yet, and Im going to pony up 1/4 of a thousand dollars for a statue? Half an XB1? Why not a CE for like $100 with a statue that isn't 6 feet tall?

I really wish there was a CE somewhere between, you know, $60 and $250? I mean jesus, I don't even know how the game plays yet, and Im going to pony up 1/4 of a thousand dollars for a statue? Half an XB1? Why not a CE for like $100 with a statue that isn't 6 feet tall?

Yeah, I'm probably going to cancel my collector's edition precisely because I don't know what the hell I'd do with an 18 inch figurine. I'd much prefer something 6 inches or shorter.

Top Bottom