• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall launching March 11, 2014 (PC/XB1/360 same date)

Grief.exe

Good point, should hold me over.

Oh. Okay. Actually yeah, that sounds perfect.

March is going to be insane on PC, and the timing actually works out perfectly with a week or so separating both Dark Souls 2 and Titanfall releases.

If we get Destiny and GTAV as well during that time frame...

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

Anth0ny

Actually works out perfectly for PC players.

Titanfall, then Dark Souls 2 the next week.

oh fuck I just remembered PC version of Dark Souls II is delayed. SO DUMB.

Either way, I don't think I want to spend $60 on both games so close together. I think I would have checked out Titanfall if there was nothing else released so close to it, but with Dark Souls II only a week later... meh.

Grief.exe

oh fuck I just remembered PC version of Dark Souls II is delayed. SO DUMB.

Either way, I don't think I want to spend $60 on both games so close together. I think I would have checked out Titanfall if there was nothing else released so close to it, but with Dark Souls II only a week later... meh.

My birthday is actually around Dark Souls II release, so the timing couldn't of been better.

Pick up Titanfall
Steam version
for my self, then ask for the Black Armor Edition Dark Souls 2 for my birthday.

Yeah the pilot being colored and titan not made me doubt if it was unfinished.

Other guy wasn't capable of that kind of thought process apparently.

And there's really nothing stopping Sony from trying to persuade EA from bringing Titanfall to PS4 either. EA would love both companies throwing money at their faces.

Either way, I personally don't think this is a good direction for this thread. I feel that talking about the status of the game's exclusivity and whether or not it'll remain exclusive is only going to lead the discussion into a murky, muddy area.

EA don't own the IP though, Respawn do. So I'm not sure what EA could do or say if Respawn decided to accept an MS deal.

I doubt it'll happen, but then I never really expected Gears to be locked down to 360 when Gears 1 launched. They even stopped Epic from releasing the sequels on PC...

Donos

Really suprised about the same release date for 360 and PC. Got the impression that it would come out for Xbox one first and then the other two later down the road.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Is there a reason why everyone mentioning a possible PS4 version is getting banned? I just read the thread for the first time.

Grief.exe

EA don't own the IP though, Respawn do. So I'm not sure what EA could do or say if Respawn decided to accept an MS deal.

I doubt it'll happen, but then I never really expected Gears to be locked down to 360 when Gears 1 launched. They even stopped Epic from releasing the sequels on PC...

Epic stopped Epic from releasing the sequels on PC.

They release a game with some of the worst DRM we have ever seen, ask us to pay for P2P servers, then blame the low sales numbers on piracy.
Ridiculous.

aravuus

March is going to be insane on PC, and the timing actually works out perfectly with a week or so separating both Dark Souls 2 and Titanfall releases.

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

I've already had my fill of GTA V but oh man, if Destiny also gets released around then... Guess I just gotta hope there won't be any important uni assignments.

I'll get an Xbone before I have to support Origin. I'm holding out for a Steam release, and if they announce a PS4 version after release before a Steam one, I'll be fucking MAD.

koutoru

So it'll be out even before Watch_Dogs? Also, it'll be interesting if Infamous SS comes out in late February.

You basically have two big exclusives coming out possibly less than two weeks away from each other.

Can't wait to play this. PC version GET.

My wallet just started crying.

Grief.exe

Have they confirmed a date yet for PC? I was thinking it was at the very end of the month for some reason.

They haven't, and you could be right. I did say a week or so in subsequent comments, but the damage has already been done.

I hyped people up to a level never seen before.

So it'll be out even before Watch_Dogs? Also, it'll be interesting if Infamous SS comes out in late February.

You basically have two big exclusives coming out possibly less than two weeks away from each other.

Titanfall isn't an exclusive.

Dysun

Early next year should be pretty good with Titanfall, inFamous SS, Watch Dogs slated. Looking forward to it, hope my PC can run it decently (it's a bit old)

nomis

Goddamnit why can't they release one with JUST the art book like The Last of Us? I got over buying plastic toys with my games when I started having women in my bedroom more often than every 8 months.

The "cloud" is an Xbox One thing. I don't think the PCs are going to get access to that feature.

Where have you read this? Pretty sure the PC will use Cloud for the A.I too since that's the way they are designing the game. No reason for it to be a "xbox one" thing...

I believe the PC version has access to the same servers
or is it the 360 version?
, that comment was largely a joke though.

Actually it wasn't. My PC is on its last breath as far as specs go.

Might double dip, Xbone & PC.

Considering Respawn has seemingly refused to state the port dev for the 360 version and the 360 doesn't support cloud features, which have been repeatedly stated as being a core part of Respawns design, it appears PC/X1 is the way to go here.

Grief.exe

Actually it wasn't. My PC is on its last breath as far as specs go.

Well in that case, the cloud won't help you render the game or give you any meaningful performance increases.

Microsoft's version of the cloud is essentially dedicated servers. They have been offloading calculations for years in order to make the end experience better. For example, shoot a wall with in RPG in BF4, that calculation is done server-side, then broadcast to players so everyone is sync'd up correctly.

The positive aspect of the Microsoft dedicated servers is their ease of use from the developer side and price.

I don't buy collector editions as they're usually shite! But I would've picked this one up if the statue of the Titan was smaller and cheaper.

Looking forward to playing this on my X1 next year.

Grief.exe

Goddamnit why can't they release one with JUST the art book like The Last of Us? I got over buying plastic toys with my games when I started having women in my bedroom more often than every 8 months.

I would appreciate this as well.

Release a steel book with an art book inside. Perfect.

I have no need, or want, for a statue in my house.

Well in that case, the cloud won't help you render the game or give you any meaningful performance increases.

Microsoft's version of the cloud is essentially dedicated servers. They have been offloading calculations for years in order to make the end experience better. For example, shoot a wall with in RPG in BF4, that calculation is done server-side, then broadcast to players so everyone is sync'd up correctly.

The positive aspect of the Microsoft dedicated servers is their ease of use from the developer side and price.

I thought they were using the CLOUD to actually process the A.I. Still I have hope by Quad + hd6850 can scrape by this on minimum. Visually it doesn't look demanding at all, so I hope it won't translate to odd min specs requirements.

OrigiNull

They are indeed, Respawn confirmed that Microsoft had given them a solution to bring it to PC also.

Yep, I think when they originally announced it they were talking up the Xbox One version a little bit more and were cagey on their PC version talks but I found a couple more recent articles stating the PC version is getting dedicated servers.

I'll be interested to see what the spec requirements are but will probably pick this up on my Xbox One anyways just because I'll need something to play on it.

Phades

Also - wow, less than 5 months away? I better get to work.
Need to feed you more caffine to convert into code. ^_^
(hopefully only need small amounts of fine tuning and polish right now and no super crunch time in the home stretch)

Doran902

Hoping for some system requirements. The cod ghosts system requirements have me scared for the future of console ports.

Grief.exe

I thought they were using the CLOUD to actually process the A.I. Still I have hope by Quad + hd6850 can scrape by this on minimum. Visually it doesn't look demanding at all, so I hope it won't translate to odd min specs requirements.

You just described Dedicated Servers. Nothing new here, as I said the advantages are on the ease of use for developers.

6850 is a quality card, far from having any issues running games.

Top Bottom