• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall launching March 11, 2014 (PC/XB1/360 same date)

solarus

ib2LYxVJZeL7l.gif

This gif makes me so happy.

Dark Souls II and Titanfall on the same day? A fucking fantastic problem to have.

Will pick up the collector's edition of Dark Souls and just the regular version of Titanfall for my Xbone.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
oh fuck I just remembered PC version of Dark Souls II is delayed. SO DUMB.

Either way, I don't think I want to spend $60 on both games so close together. I think I would have checked out Titanfall if there was nothing else released so close to it, but with Dark Souls II only a week later... meh.

Actually works out perfectly for PC players.

Titanfall, then Dark Souls 2 the next week.

Wait wait wait...
Do we know the date for the PC version of DaS 2? Is that confirmed?

The "cloud" is an Xbox One thing. I don't think the PCs are going to get access to that feature.

I thought Respawn was getting a deal on the Azure servers?

My understanding is that the serves for the Xbox one are free and that the servers for the PC/Xbox 360 were offered at a discount to Respawn

Amir0x

Banned
Nice date. Not sure if I'll pick it up, not unless I hear from people who despise modern AAA shooter perk design thinking it's legit, but I anticipate impressions from those folk.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Damn. That first page is a banned grave yard. So good. Anyway, waay earlier than I was expecting. Hopefully, I have a new PC build by then.

Kydd BlaZe

So, wait... what was with the heavy focus on Titanfall for Xbox One, when you don't even need an Xbox One, let alone an Xbox at all in order to play it?
Average joe blow gamer guy doesn't play games on PC. Much of the online shooter market is pretty much console territory these days. Making Titanfall synonymous with the Xbox brand in the console space is a brilliant move by Microsoft, IMO.

Honestly, the Spring lineup is waaay better than the launch lineup. I'd say it's pretty overpowered and I don't know how my wallet will survive the onslaught.

Papacheeks

Banned
Is it just me or, is there very little information on how big of an impact EA's partnership has on the maps and content.

I have a feeling we might see a battlefield scenario, which would suggest not many maps on disc.

Plus with the interviews by Vince Zampalla stating they havn't been developing the game for very long to me is a red flag on what to expect for 59.99+tax with no single player experience.

Looking at the birth of the project it's a surprise to find that, of all the engines it could pick, Valve's Source engine comes up top of its list - though there are many reasons why this makes sense. Firstly, it has allowed a relatively small team to get production of the game up and running quickly, having begun the project in earnest under three years ago. Advantages of using the engine also include strong support for networked play, low latency controls owing to a streamlined rendering pipeline, compatibility with multi-core setups, and excellent optimisation for x86 platforms.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-titanfall-tech-analysis

Respawn started pre-production on its then-untitled game back in 2011, originally for current generation consoles. As the team tried to pinpoint what their first project would be, they searched for a technological foundation to build on. They found it in an unlikely place: Valve’s Source engine. While few titles outside of Valve’s own games and independent mods have used Source this generation, a number of factors made it a good fit for Respawn.
http://www.polygon.com/e3-2013/2013/6/12/4419110/titanfall-respawn

Wouldn't be surprised if what we've seen so far plus some other maps, unlocks,titans is what we get for a game at launch.

Not trying to be negative nancy over here, game/design wise the game looks great. But visually to me compared to other games coming out looks uninspiring.

I mean I understand they are a smaller team, like 80 employee's, but this game looks as if a single player game would be pretty amazing.

Just my 2 cents,

Hypron

The statue looks really good. It reminds me of those warhammer 40k titans (although, it does look a bit "rounder").

lol yea sure, go play CoD PC or BF3 with a pad and don't forget the lube

anyway day one for superior PC ver and whenever the PS4 port releases. cant fucking wait!

Did you not read at least the first page of this thread friend?

Really excited for this game. I think it will end up perfect for me picking up one game per month till this releases since I can't afford to get all the titles I want at launch, there are so many!

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Nice.

This game looks awesome.

Won't be buying on my Xbox One due to 720p. Will either get it on my PC or PS4 gods willing.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
lulz. Enjoy getting the crap beaten out of you by keyboard/mouse players.

It is an ADS shooter. He will be fine.

lol yea sure, go play CoD PC or BF3 with a pad and don't forget the lube

It isn't that much of a problem. My friend plays BF3 on pad andhre does great. He would do even better in CoD because it is see>kill. ADS shooters really level the playing field.

stef t97

It is an ADS shooter. He will be fine.

It isn't that much of a problem. My friend plays BF3 on pad andhre does great. He would do even better in CoD because it is see>kill. ADS shooters really level the playing field.

I strongly disagree with that. Call of Duty 4 is an ads shooter but watching promod players is like watching magic happen in comparison to the xbox mlg guys. It's ridiculous how big the gap can be, even in an ads shooter.

Seanspeed

Banned
ADS mechanics will really limit the advantage KB/M players have over controllers
Aiming is still massively quicker with a mouse. Regular pilots don't seem to be bullet spongey compared to CoD games, so this advantage should still remain to a fair degree.

And since players will be hopping all over the place, likely having to shoot in the air or generally not be in a 'prime position' to shoot, being able to aim quickly should make a difference.

Not to mention that you can still hipfire.

Grief.exe

Damn I got really excited for the game than I remembered it's only multiplayer no singleplayer story mode :(.

Why would you even waste your time with a single player mode in a game like this?

The single player in games like Call of Duty, Battlefield, and similar games where the multiplayer is the key focus tends to be garbage.

If you think the single player campaign in Call of Duty is your favorite, more power to you. My advice would be to try out some other shooters in order to get some more perspective on the matter.

Import taxes associated with Australia? Isn't that why game prices are always ridiculous down there?

Top Bottom