• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall leaks, ho! 9 in-game map images, general info + "monster"

Milennia

What boggles my mind is after an alpha, beta, leaks, hype videos from Respawn and the buildup to launch that some feel that we don't know enough. I know too much...

I don't understand.
Who said this?
After the leaks, we know everything.
There is little to nothing left that we know very little about, outside of the campaign of course as most don't want to be spoiled.
Theres nothing else.

Pimpwerx

Maybe it eats from tall trees or spends most of its time standing in deep water collecting plankton with its mouth?

Maybe if only eats birds?

Maybe it converts sunlight into food?

Maybe if has an insanely long tongue or gas other eating appendages, my neck doesn't reach to the floor..
Maybe it has hands with opposable thumbs, but even then, the forearms on the forelimbs look too long to reach the mouth. It doesn't matter at all, but I feel that's what makes it look so weird.

The same way spiders eat?
The upper arms are too short. This is armchair musings based on one pic from one angle, but that things' proportions look wonky. PEACE.

Camwi

The monster is likely just a backdrop right? like something going on in the background?

Also it looks like the monster from "The Mist"
The_Mist_monster.jpg

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that. It evens has the flying creatures around it.

Klocker

I enjoyed the beta but wasn't sold. But man those maps have won me over. And zip lines! :)

high hopes for a cool looking mp game and it needed some darker maps. Just wish there were some weather effects

One thing these small-player multiplayer games do well is make looking at the maps all hype

Just looking at the images and imagining the little secrets and shortcuts and map control techniques (which is always big in these games) is fun. Add this game's maneuverability, and it becomes much more exciting.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
The reddit user who provided the screens in the first post has released the top down images of all the maps. It does confirm for good that there are 15 maps in the shipping game and they are the ones we know about.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to the images because they seem to have been taken from the strategy guide? I'm not positive so I won't provide a link to them myself.

edit - My bad, didn't see the topic.

Milennia

The reddit user who provided the screens in the first post has released the top down images of all the maps. It does confirm for good that there are 15 maps in the shipping game and they are the ones we know about.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to the images because they seem to have been taken from the strategy guide? I'm not positive so I won't provide a link to them myself.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778247&highlight=

Already a thread

That monster looks a little like the monster that was in the 2007 movie adoption of The Mist.

Edit: I should have probably looked at the last page before posting this. I only looked at the first few posts.

Jawmuncher

......That monster looks whack as hell. Reminds me of stuff I would draw in 6th grade, especially with the extra long legs it has. But i'm not buying the game for him so I can just ignore that.

tensuke

Didn't even know this game had a monster lol. Do you...do you fight it? Or is it just in the background?

th4tguy

Ok, I don't know why but I always thought the monster was something that was conceptual and not in the game. I just saw it in a commercial for the game and I just have to say wow. I'm hyped.

Top Bottom