• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
The only achievement that looks hard is beating their whole team at the end game. The only way I see this happening is letting them all get on the getaway ship, then annihilating it.

Sobriquet

The only achievement that looks hard is beating their whole team at the end game. The only way I see this happening is letting them all get on the getaway ship, then annihilating it.

That's a good idea, actually. Tell your whole team not to kill anyone.

Unfortunately it seems like a lot of guys just stay in a Titan and go apeshit instead of trying to get to the ship.

Holy shit, reddit vs 4chan.

They've done that before in Tribes Ascend.

The stream was hilarious. /v/ won. I'd love to see them do that again haha.

tumblr_lyzkilnCOY1qll8uw.png

Chittagong

Gold Member
Yes to first question (It is the 360 controller the game supports, not xbone). From what I've seen from the beta, yes to the second question. I don't know how to answer the third question. Every game online is pretty much a dedicated fan base.

I played the PC beta with only a controller to test out how well I would do. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of my stats from the beta, but I can say I was doing really well. I was almost always in 1st - 3rd overall in each game and I never felt like anyone really outplayed me with a keyboard. With so much going on in TF, it kind of makes it a bit easier with a controller I think.

No driver has been released yet to make the XBOne controller work with the PC. Who the fuck knows when MS will actually get around to it...

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I might give it a go on PC. Maybe the community will be more regular friendly than Counterstrike and other PC FPSs.

Should look better on my 7870 than it would on Xbox One if I'm not mistaken.

The game really does remind me of Halo sometimes. Especially the menus, those look like they came straight from the Bungie-era.

Since I won't be getting an Xbone anytime soon, I guess Titanfall is my new Halo. And I don't mind.

We'll have the Private Match option in very soon (as was mentioned elsewhere). It's important to us too. =)

That's great to hear. Can't wait.

Now just give us a lot of crazy options to reduce gravity or start with random weapons, and mayhem will truly be had.

dengatron

building a new pc but unfortunately most of the parts are streaming in this and next week. won't all be here by tuesday.. but, i'll be playing on origin asap.

Origin ID: dengatron

Gowans

GT: Gowans007

Really looking forward to getting my hit again, seems like it's been ages. Really loved last Titan standing.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
GT: Skel 1ives 0n

First console game I've been hyped for in a while. First shooter I've been really excited for since Halo 4. Beta was good fun.

Ran Ran

I really need the wireless headset adapter to come back in stock on Amazon otherwise I won't be able to talk to anybody with my Astro A40s.

lunch_box

Hey guys,
I hope this is the right place to ask....
I really fancy giving this game a proper go, I missed the beta so have no idea how it will run on my laptops gt750m gpu? Does anyone have any experience in playing titanfall with this particular gpu?? Any good etc?
Thanks

Gong

GT: Gong Station

GMT time zone.

Message me and I'll add you to my friends list. See you all online next Friday :)

I'll have to backtrack through this thread on launch day to snag up Gaf gamer tags... i'm only just getting TF with the bundle... and i'm not sure if i'll be keeping my old (360 days) xbl gt or matching my PSN handle.

Proven

The killstreak thread yesterday made me reexamine Titanfall's current system. After playing in the beta, the flow of an attrition match seemed to go something like this:

1. Game Start.
2. During the initial clash, one team comes out on top and quickly gets their Titans first.
3. Other team has to focus on Pilot vs. Titan combat, which greatly reduces build time for Titans for the Pilots.
4. First team starts to lose their Titans as the other team can now call in their Titans and beat the first team in Titan vs. Titan combat with a numbers and health advantage.
5. Repeatedly return to step 3, unless one of the teams is getting completely stomped.
6. Evac.

Basically, the fact that you reduce build time not from kills but from damage, whether it be on Pilots, Grunts, or Titans, keeps it from feeling like another killstreak system. It makes it much more integral to the flow of the match. I'd hate to see if competitive play took off in Titanfall without keeping that flow to some degree.

Burn Cards feel more like killstreak rewards that you're forced to use during the next match, but that's primarily because you get them as a reward for completing certain challenges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom