• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinoru

Banned
The killstreak thread yesterday made me reexamine Titanfall's current system. After playing in the beta, the flow of an attrition match seemed to go something like this:

1. Game Start.
2. During the initial clash, one team comes out on top and quickly gets their Titans first.
3. Other team has to focus on Pilot vs. Titan combat, which greatly reduces build time for Titans for the Pilots.
4. First team starts to lose their Titans as the other team can now call in their Titans and beat the first team in Titan vs. Titan combat with a numbers and health advantage.
5. Repeatedly return to step 3, unless one of the teams is getting completely stomped.
6. Evac.

Basically, the fact that you reduce build time not from kills but from damage, whether it be on Pilots, Grunts, or Titans, keeps it from feeling like another killstreak system. It makes it much more integral to the flow of the match. I'd hate to see if competitive play took off in Titanfall without keeping that flow to some degree.

Burn Cards feel more like killstreak rewards that you're forced to use during the next match, but that's primarily because you get them as a reward for completing certain challenges.

Considering Attrition is more of an introductory mode, I more see other more objective based modes being the "official" competitive mode. Hard Point and Last Titan Standing for example.

I hope they don't change the flow of the game too much either.

shandy706

I'm going through the form and sending all the Gamertags friend requests.

May get in Origin tags too if I have time.

Edit** Hmm...only letting me send out 15 at a time. Guess there's a limit.

BraXzy

Finally seen the OT on a desktop computer. Beautiful work! My PC at home decided to turn on this morning, as I expected. It was dead all of yesterday no matter what I tried yet the day after it works. Stupid machine.

I'm going through the form and sending all the Gamertags friend requests.

May get in Origin tags too if I have time.

Edit** Hmm...only letting me send out 15 at a time. Guess there's a limit.

There's a form? Have I missed a Google Doc?

Anybody on GAF gonna be streaming Titanfall on Twitch next week?

I probably will... my clan is asking so i'll be streaming... but likely more on the weekend. I'm trying to get more of them interested in TF but most of the 200+ people are stuck on COD... ugh.

antitrop

This guy from the OP looks like Phil Spencer...

yCtcKee.png

Ran Ran

I probably will... my clan is asking so i'll be streaming... but likely more on the weekend. I'm trying to get more of them interested in TF but most of the 200+ people are stuck on COD... ugh.

The quality of Major's stream last night was pretty damn good but I doubt my connection would allow for it to look that good.

Dandalf

Neo Member
Glad to see the OT finally went up, I suppose this will be the best place to find people to play with!

I plan on playing mainly Hardpoint, and if any GAF'ers want to get in on running some lobbies, feel free to shoot me a friend request on XBL and let me know you're from GAF.

XBL GT: Dandalph

My stats from the Beta are below. I only played with one friend, so essentially we were a team of two dominating lobbies. If we get six people? Think about it!!

I also pre-ordered these at the advice of other GAF'ers so I can hear your beautiful voices:

I'm ready.

Edit: didn't see the form - also added my information there, too.

The quality of Major's stream last night was pretty damn good but I doubt my connection would allow for it to look that good.

I had no idea that was even happening! Is that recorded someplace?

Yeah it will be my first time streaming lol.. we'll see how it turns out. My connection should be ok as it averages 60+Mbps... my commentating however might not be so solid haha.

Ran Ran

Yeah you'll struggle with that. You need some bandwith to play the game too.

I know, I'll probably just test it out to see how it works and that's about it. Doubt I will do it regularly or even more than once or twice.

Biggest disappointment with the Twitch streaming for me is the viewers won't be able to hear the party.

Does anyone know if there is a way to pull up the streams that major nelson archived through the game tv app on Windows Phone? I really want to check it out but I cant figure it out and twich doesnt work on my work computer.

sangreal

someone from MS (launch team badge) uploaded a gamedvr clip. search for mofftarkin in friends app and you'll see it. doesn't really show anything, it's just the evac but it is the Smuggler's Cove map, CTF mode

kilongs

Anyone have a link to the post/thread with all the Titanfall achievement splash art? I can't seem to find it. Looking for some good desktop backgrounds to use.

someone from MS (launch team badge) uploaded a gamedvr clip. search for mofftarkin in friends app and you'll see it. doesn't really show anything, it's just the evac but it is the Smuggler's Cove map, CTF mode

I just watched it, thanks for the heads up.

I was worried that this last rush of marketing and hype would burn me out on the game, but every single video and trailer and image only makes me want to play it more.

Man if I could find a PC collectors edition, I would probably pick it up, that's one bad ass statue and love the lights on it. But seems all are sold out everywhere :(

1) Anyone think the 360 vers will sell more?

2) Will 360 players plays against/with XBone players?

In the long run, probably with the huge 360 userbase it will. Could see Xbone version being top seller out the gate, but in the long run sales of the 360 version will likely be king.

So I have decided to begin working on the Tournament/Weekly Challenge/Party topic. I have set up a Google Forum that allows you to submit ideas for restrictions. Some examples are on the Form. I will start the topic and start the voting the day the game comes out or the first week after. We will see.

Link to form.

I also pre-ordered these at the advice of other GAF'ers so I can hear your beautiful voices:

I ordered the currently discounted "green" Polk Melee at Amazon for X360 and if you register with Polk at their website, they send you an X1 headset adapter free so it works for both XBOX systems. May have to wait until they ship them out after TF release, though. It's supposed to be the same exact headset as the X1-only Fourshot, but with added DD decoder DSP, X360 adapter, and cables...less than the cost of a Fourshot by itself, though it ships with a X1 adapter in-box.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
This is a joke right? Unless of course you work for a game dev.

Don't work for a game company... but super cool boss and pretty lax PTO since I typically work ~60 hour weeks.

Man if I could find a PC collectors edition, I would probably pick it up, that's one bad ass statue and love the lights on it. But seems all are sold out everywhere :(

In the long run, probably with the huge 360 userbase it will. Could see Xbone version being top seller out the gate, but in the long run sales of the 360 version will likely be king.
360 version will sell more just because of install base (as long as it's not a terrible port).
Call of Duty still plays just find with a huge user base. I'm guessing Respawn/EA has that in mind in going for 60fps.

Still no footage. Looking forward to Digital Foundry for this.

TRios Zen

Blatantly stolen avatar from op - thanks!

Will add gamertag to spreadsheet, I excel at mediocrity in these games, but usually manage to have a good time. Sadly it'll be the weekend post-launch before I'm able to put any time in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom