• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

I know it's very unlikely, but I kinda ignored it anyway. If it doesn't happen I'm fine, and if it happens I'll probably take a look at it.

It's been confirmed beyond a doubt that this game can legally never set foot on anything but Microsoft platforms, in a quickly summarized way.

How dare ya'll let the thread drop off the first page. You call yourselves pilots?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I keep loading up origin just to make sure Titanfall is still there.

Gaz_RB

Do we have any details on how CTF will work?

I imagine the main goal will be to get into the other team's base, steal their flag, and then try to bring it back to your base. The twist is that your team will also have to protect your team's flag at the same time!

Ran Ran

I imagine the main goal will be to get into the other team's base, steal their flag, and then try to bring it back to your base. The twist is that your team will also have to protect your team's flag at the same time!

Funny.

I was meaning whether or not we can carry it while inside our titan, etc.

BradC00

Funny.

I was meaning whether or not we can carry it while inside our titan, etc.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you can jump on the back of Titans, but not in, and it'll probably bring out a pistol like Halo when you pick it up.

Ecto311

Xbox one GT ecto311. I'll have titanfall on release and be off for 3 days following it's release. Also playing PvZ right now and some stick of truth.

For those of us that ordered the PC digital code from Amazon, I guess on the 6th they'll send out our codes so that we can pre-load the game on the 7th. I was worried that I'd have to wait to the 11th.

Ferny

Of course this will happen. Enjoy the base game now before paid maps ruin matchmaking.

It hasn't ruined it in Battlefield, COD, or Halo. The majority of the people who will continue playing the game on a consistent basis will get the packs.

Is there a popular shooter out there like BF4, COD, Crysis 3 that doesn't have some sort of DLC/Season Pass? I don't think so, so why does Titanfall get shit for it?

Mrbob

Check out the BF4 server list. Way more people playing the base game than the expansion packs.

I hate paid map packs as it splits up the player base for a game. Companies need to start coming up with better solutions to extract extra money from players.

Well whatever it is what it is. Don't want to dwell on it too much.

Great OP.

I don't like how the challenges are setup (according to the leaked info). If you can't even get to the third generation without getting 500 Shotgun kills, that's just silly. What if I don't want to use the shotgun? 2nd generation forever? It's one thing to have challenges in there but to lock every level of prestige behind 500 Kills with Weapon X challenges is not necessary.

Milennia

Great OP.

I don't like how the challenges are setup (according to the leaked info). If you can't even get to the third generation without getting 500 Shotgun kills, that's just silly. What if I don't want to use the shotgun? 2nd generation forever? It's one thing to have challenges in there but to lock every level of prestige behind 500 Kills with Weapon X challenges is not necessary.

Try the x amount of arc grenade pilot kills to hit 3rd gen lol.

Is there a popular shooter out there like BF4, COD, Crysis 3 that doesn't have some sort of DLC/Season Pass? I don't think so, so why does Titanfall get shit for it?
BF4, CoD, and Crysis didn't have two hundred and fifty fucking dollars collectors edition...

Collectors Edition usually come with the season pass for free... And they couldn't throw it in for two hundred and fifty fucking dollars? Canceled my CE pre-order because of this.

Will still buy the Standard Game and Season pass at launch because Titanfall is fucking amazing.

BF4, CoD, and Crysis didn't have two hundred and fifty fucking dollars collectors edition...

Collectors Edition usually come with the season pass for free... And they couldn't throw it in for two hundred and fifty fucking dollars? Canceled my CE pre-order because of this.

Will still buy the Standard Game and Season pass at launch because Titanfall is fucking amazing.

I laughed at the spoiler tag.

Milennia

Yeah that confused me. Aren't the arc grenades similar to an EMP or flash type grenade? How are you supposed to kill someone with that?

They do very little damage to players but one shot bots, i wish it was just kill x amount of enemies instead of pilots :////

Or how about not having these bad challenges at all.
I don't mind x amount with a normal weapon, but i hate the x amount of blah blah weapon that requires someone to play like their drunk and ruin a game focusing on being drunk lol.

Battlefield 4 gets the same criticism yet at least this game doesn't lock weapons behind it :/

I laughed at the spoiler tag.
My hype for this game after playing the Alpha and Beta overcomes my anger at Respawn for not including the Season Pass in the Collector's Edition. :p

I have my Titanfall Controller bought and ready, and my copy paid off Microsoft! Just waiting for the 11th. So pumped! :)

Anyone know why Gamestop's aren't doing many Midnight Launches? None within a 30 mile radius are doing one. May just cancel my Gamestop Pre-order and buy off Microsoftstore.com for the free $10, or go to Bestbuy for the Midnight Launch free gifts and early game play.

I thought Dark Souls 2 and Titanfall would be big enough to warrant a Midnight Launch, but I guess not.

They do very little damage to players but one shot bots, i wish it was just kill x amount of enemies instead of pilots :////

Or how about not having these bad challenges at all.
I don't mind x amount with a normal weapon, but i hate the x amount of blah blah weapon that requires someone to play like their drunk and ruin a game focusing on being drunk lol.

Battlefield 4 gets the same criticism yet at least this game doesn't lock weapons behind it :/

I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to in BF4, but at least you could rank up with the same gun you start with. It's kind of stupid if you're at the end of gen and can't progress until you complete the challenges. I would like to go for the 10th gen which is something I never do in shooters but these challenges might change that. Technically it's all speculation still (I think) so maybe things will be different.

JimiNutz

Banned
Really fucking hyped for this.
My geek friends and I have been writing 'standby for Titanfall' at the end of all our text messages to each other since the beta.

Milennia

I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to in BF4, but at least you could rank up with the same gun you start with. It's kind of stupid if you're at the end of gen and can't progress until you complete the challenges. I would like to go for the 10th gen which is something I never do in shooters but these challenges might change that. Technically it's all speculation still (I think) so maybe things will be different.

In BF4, DLC weapons and equipment are locked behind a bunch of bullshit challenges that require you to do stupid shit to complete.

Such as .... Get a kill with a knife/pistol/defib etc in one round, so you have people running around trying to do solely that.

Sit in a chopper for 10 minutes (accumulated), there are countless ridiculous ones too, like stand on top of this ridiculously tall tower and get 5 kills from it in one round... Only issue is.. This tower can be seen from anywhere on the map and people will snipe out anyone going for the challenge.

Theres tons of them.
The challenges to prestige are pretty confirmed, leaked from 2 sources already, including razor.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
My hype for this game after playing the Alpha and Beta overcomes my anger at Respawn for not including the Season Pass in the Collector's Edition. :p

I have my Titanfall Controller bought and ready, and my copy paid off Microsoft! Just waiting for the 11th. So pumped! :)

Anyone know why Gamestop's aren't doing many Midnight Launches? None within a 30 mile radius are doing one. May just cancel my Gamestop Pre-order and buy off Microsoftstore.com for the free $10, or go to Bestbuy for the Midnight Launch free gifts and early game play.

I thought Dark Souls 2 and Titanfall would be big enough to warrant a Midnight Launch, but I guess not.

The 35k limited edition statue, art book and poster are enough for me in that CE. I'd rather pay for physical stuff in a limited edition and get digital stuff separately if I choose.

No one is forcing anyone to buy the C.E. I'm not buying the CE and I loved the beta as much as anyone. Very few C.E.'s are worth buying anyways. Blizzard is one of the few developers to do it right.

Milennia

No one is forcing anyone to buy the C.E. I'm not buying the CE and I loved the beta as much as anyone. Very few C.E.'s are worth buying anyways. Blizzard is one of the few developers to do it right.

Hell yea they do.
Most of them are even the sake size.

Its awesome how they kept the near EXACT design for the WoW CEs from vanilla to MOP.

It hasn't ruined it in Battlefield, COD, or Halo. The majority of the people who will continue playing the game on a consistent basis will get the packs.

battlefield doesnt really count btw as it has a server browser/filtering system allowing me to instantly find games on any maps I want. Halo never had this so you were at the mercy of the pairing system. I played a very great deal of each halo game and both reach / H4 suffered in this area. I very very rarely got any of the dlc I payed for in matchmaking and I had all of it. Halo 3 was the last trueskill matchmaking game where I found a lot of dlc matches in MM.

I dont understand why they dont just do free dlc and have a ton of cosmetic microtransactions or something =/ tens of thousands of people will buy random little cosmetic packs at 3$ or something is that not enough? is the paid dlc model just so profitable that they will derail matchmaking consistency over it?

Woo-Fu

Banned
I actually never even used the Titan Warp-in perk during the Beta, but does it make it a lot easier to kill stuff with your Titanfall?

It makes it trivial to kill a titan you just rodeo'd. As soon as he stops/kneels you drop the titan right on him as you're jumping off.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Ok, TitanfallGAF, I never played an online shooter seriously after CS 1.6, especially not CoD, so I am going to get my ass handed over to me in Titanfall, and it's your job to skill me up.

Can anyone recommend some YouTube guides for Titanfall or shooters in general that I should watch? I played tons of singleplayer shooters, so I know how to not shoot myself in the foot, but multiplayer is a different beast entirely, of course.

Raide

Ok, TitanfallGAF, I never played an online shooter seriously after CS 1.6, especially not CoD, so I am going to get my ass handed over to me in Titanfall, and it's your job to skill me up.

Can anyone recommend some YouTube guides for Titanfall or shooters in general that I should watch? I played tons of singleplayer shooters, so I know how to not shoot myself in the foot, but multiplayer is a different beast entirely, of course.

Simple and first rule...stay off the ground. That is where most FPS people will end up being and its the place new players will stay and get shot. Stick to the skies!

Second rule...stop thinking about the maps from an modern shooter viewpoint (i.e everything is on a horizontal plain to make it easier for people to hit). The game is way more vertical and movement based that most modern shooters. Learning to navigate the map feels more like Quake/Unreal than it does CoD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom