• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyunkel6

It's feel like when I first played modern warfare 2.

COD: MW2 was my first ever call of duty game, It was fresh when it was released, and this continues at titanfall.
Yes! Same here. Although I played the other CODs, nothing came close to the feeling I had when I first played MW2...until Titanfall. MW2 was my most played FPS, and I think TF will be the second.

I'm loving the gameplay of this game, but why oh why does it look so bad on the Xbox One? The textures are just...is it the engine they're using? Looks like an outdated shooter.

Great fun though, otherwise

Baconmonk

I'm loving the gameplay of this game, but why oh why does it look so bad on the Xbox One? The textures are just...is it the engine they're using? Looks like an outdated shooter.

Great fun though, otherwise

Heavily modified Source engine, created for Half-Life 2 some years ago. Led to more surprising framerate drops due to heavy physics calculations (the words of respawn).

That said I'm a huge fan of the art design, even if it isn't a technical powerhouse. 60fps lock on PC here.

Daigoro

traded in the 360 version of the game today at gamestop (along with a bunch of other shit), and flipped it for Amazon credit.

Titanfall XBONE bundle is on the way (it'll be here today). im excited.

#Titanballin

yeah. makes me think the ultra snappy way the game was during the launch period was for show. It's really noticeable how progressively bad the loading and moving from menu to menu has been on the PC version.

hi Pop!

JackHerer

The ONLY issue I have with this game's balance and gameplay right now is satchel charges. I absolutely hate them and I have in every game that's ever had them. Cheap and annoying.

They are definitely too powerful in this game too. The blast radius seems huge and they kill everything within that range it seems.

I don't use burn cards that much but I do save the rare ones so I have a bunch of Titan spawning burn cards. Personally I don't really like burn cards in general as a mechanic. It makes the game unpredictable, and not in a good way. I understand why people like them because it makes you more powerful than others but it's not exactly fair.

Particular with the rare, more powerful ones. For example, starting the game with a Titan by using a burn card gives you and your team a huge advantage early on. The permanent x-ray vision one is just unfair as well. Especially if you have it while you're in a titan. It becomes much easier to track and kill pilots and also allows you to avoid potentially dangerous situations very easily.

I think the game would be better off without burn cards at all , at least in my opinion. On the other hand I understand why others really enjoy them so I can't see them going away. Maybe just nerfing some a bit. Like have the constant x-ray vision disappear after X amount of minutes.

^Usually when I'm going to burn a Titan card at the start of the match, I go ahead and do it, then suicide and spawn in with an Echo Vision or a Map Hack to supersize that shit.

malfcn

I haven't touched this since about a week after it came out. Was hyped to play it and then got onto other things. Nice to see them continue to tweak things, like obnoxious requirements.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
You mean you get active radar while in your titan when you get in it??

For the always active one, yeah.

The most OP combo in the game to me is starting with a Titan Card, suicide, then using Map Hack combined with the chaingun, smoke, and cluster missile. You can put up a ridiculous score pretty quickly, but like said above you can usually get a titan fast enough with that card anyway.

TrueGrime

For the always active one, yeah.

The most OP combo in the game to me is starting with a Titan Card, suicide, then using Map Hack combined with the chaingun, smoke, and cluster missile. You can put up a ridiculous score pretty quickly, but like said above you can usually get a titan fast enough with that card anyway.

Holy fuck. Megaton for me. Going to try this right now.

That's a waste, because with a card like map hack you'll have a titan in no time.
If you never die with an Echo Vision or Map Hack, congrats. But Echo Vision can be disorienting at times which has led me to shoot at the "echo ghost" instead of the actual guy before, and both the cards are susceptible to cloak.

Besides if I'm burning those cards it's usually because I have useless teammates and/or am going up a good/coordinated team. 2-3 good players that don't panic can set up an ambush for a fast titan. Using the cards together makes them more than the sum of their parts.

I killed 50 pilots in mid-air. I doubt I'll ever intentionally kill any more.

I don't know, after doing Gooser on both XBO and PC, anytime an enemy Titan is going boom I evaluate the situation for a potential goose. I don't totally sell out for it like when I was doing the Gen 5 challenges, but when it's there and I take it, it feels good.

~~Hasan~~

so, i got this game yesterday on xbox one and i have 2 questions.

1- i am dying so bad in this game i feel sorry for the team with me " sorry guys ^_^". is there any tips not to die like an idiot ? this is coming from someone who has 20-4 ratio in COD :/

2- why no one is talking. how on earth this mic works on xbox one ? i can't hear anyone from the headphone or anything for that matter as if it snot plugged. and i don't see my name on the screen when i try to talk. do i have a busted headphone ? lol

daedalius

It's every playlist on PC besides attrition completely dead late night or something?

I kind of wish I had gotten this on xbone now. Would be nice if they surfaced some player numbers per list.

HelloMeow

I just killed an enemy pilot and myself with an archer. I wish I had shadowplay running, but the game keeps crashing in full screen mode.

1- i am dying so bad in this game i feel sorry for the team with me " sorry guys ^_^". is there any tips not to die like an idiot ? this is coming from someone who has 20-4 ratio in COD :/

2- why no one is talking. how on earth this mic works on xbox one ? i can't hear anyone from the headphone or anything for that matter as if it snot plugged. and i don't see my name on the screen when i try to talk. do i have a busted headphone ? lol

In regards to point 1:

Use the environment and your movement e.g. wall run, double jump and keep moving. Playing the game like COD is going to lead to trouble.

Remember you have a special ability that can be activated: Stim (increases speed and regens health quicker); cloak (an observant eye will see you but it makes you harder to see when players are in their titan); radar pulse (shows brief x-ray of soldiers through walls).

I find that I use different abilities depending upon the map and game type.

Kill the AI grunts as this knocks time off your Titan build.

The best thing to do is experiment with combinations of guns, abilities and titan loadouts.

Regenning is pretty pointless, EXCEPT that the "Regen requirements" encouraging you to use different weapons are a good way to force you to play differently in the game.

Ultimately, regenning is silly, but it's a decent way to encourage people to keep playing and try different styles of play. I would have never tried the 40mm cannon until regen 2 because the few times I used it early on, i thought it was terrible. Lo and behold it became my favorite titan weapon.

I can sort of see the merit in that it forces you to try weapons you may have not bothered with but I have already gone through this phase of my own volition. I experimented a lot in the early days of the game and found what I like to use without the game manufacturing this for me.

tauke

We are investigating the new load time issues on PC that have been reported after the patch.

I noticed whenever I'm waiting for other players to get ready, prior to the patch most players managed to load to fill up the 8/8 list in time while the current update only have like 3 or 4 players including myself ready before the countdown timer finish.

So far I'm lucky as my load time didn't change (running it off from WD Black 7200RPM) but the game performance is more random after the patch as in it will drop to 15-20fps and back to 60fps frequently regardless if Vsync is on or off.

I have noticed that a match can be well under way (a good 4-5 seconds after exiting the drop ship) and players are still joining (the lobby is full when the match starts).

Dabanton

It's been that way since the beta you will very,very rarely hear anybody talking. I usually switch to US servers as people on their are a bit more chatty.

It's kinda sad as one of the +'s of FPS online play for me was when people who didn't know each other could co-ordinate in a match.

tauke

Woops lost connection to the server several times for the past 30 minutes. Guess it is a sign for me to stop dominating the other team lol.

Loading takes more than a minute sometimes. I've tried it on my SSD and HDD and there is little difference.

I measure mine and it takes around 20-30 secs once it start loading the map. Never try on my 60GB SSD though but the limited space prevent me from installing games.

Just bought the game on Xbox One a few days ago and really enjoying it. I barely use my Titan though. Probably because the Pilot traversal is soooo good.

Atkison04

[QUOTE=tauke;108455241Dpad down and tap X multiple times to eject (which destroy your Titan in the process).[/I

I never knew you could manually eject at any time. I always assumed that your titan had to be doomed to do so. Thanks everyone in the last few pages that has mentioned the ability to do so. I shall try that!

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Got a level 1 yesterday complaining about how much he regretted his purchase and how much the game sucked, the asked how he got a refund (PC). The entire lobby laughed at him.

It's every playlist on PC besides attrition completely dead late night or something?

I kind of wish I had gotten this on xbone now. Would be nice if they surfaced some player numbers per list.

I connect to the West Coast server and I've noticed the lack of players this week too. I love playing this game, but I prefer the object based modes more than attrition. I'm assuming we're not alone on this. This seems to always happen with FPS. There is that initial bliss of a large group of players, the majority of the players slowly quit playing and the hardcore are left. I don't consider myself hardcore, since I suck so badly at the game though.

Also read the preview of The Final Hours of Titanfall and I crack up badly when the audio team mentioned that the Titan start up sound is taken from an escalator in Singapore (which is pretty close come to think of it). Now whenever I got the chance to use the escalator in Singapore MRT, I can start imagining a Titan somewhere nearby lol..

The sound design in Tianfall is great all-round. I find the sonic whistle when you kill something with a bullet particularly satisfying. A lot of the ambient noise (machinery, alien animals, wind effects) is very nicely done although many won't notice it conciously.

Lima

Man I can't wait for Wingman LTS.

This is where the plasma railgun will show its true potential.

The test run yesterday yielded impressive results.

~~Hasan~~

In regards to point 1:

Use the environment and your movement e.g. wall run, double jump and keep moving. Playing the game like COD is going to lead to trouble.

Remember you have a special ability that can be activated: Stim (increases speed and regens health quicker); cloak (an observant eye will see you but it makes you harder to see when players are in their titan); radar pulse (shows brief x-ray of soldiers through walls).

I find that I use different abilities depending upon the map and game type.

Kill the AI grunts as this knocks time off your Titan build.

The best thing to do is experiment with combinations of guns, abilities and titan loadouts.

Thank you for the tips. i am still level 4 i think. only played it for couple of hours. today i will spend more time with it

It's been that way since the beta you will very,very rarely hear anybody talking. I usually switch to US servers as people on their are a bit more chatty.

It's kinda sad as one of the +'s of FPS online play for me was when people who didn't know each other could co-ordinate in a match.

i don't have any friends on Xbox. this is my first MS system i go online. i used to play xbox 360 offline. someone add me lol my GT : Ultimate Hasan

i promise i won't die very much lol.

also, how do you switch servers ? my outlook email "xbox live ID email" is based on US. so i assumed it takes me to the US servers directly since the system isnt even out here yet.

Daemul

Jesus Christ, I've just taken part in the most one sided round of LTS in my life, the team we were facing was pathetic, we destroyed them 4-0 in each game we faced. They were a team filled with high level Gen 2 players so I thought they would be decent, guess not lol. Some people really need to learn how not to get their Titans killed so quick.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
OK serious question: I'm level 49, just about to hit 50... for those of you who have gone next generation, did you at all regret your decision, especially the loss of the God gun, my beloved C.A.R?

Are the challenges worth the loss of all your goodies?

Thanks in advance, GAF.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
OK serious question: I'm level 49, just about to hit 50... for those of you who have gone next generation, did you at all regret your decision, especially the loss of the God gun, my beloved C.A.R?

Thanks in advance, GAF.

Ranking up doesn't take long really. I bitch and moan about the challenges but I have fun with them anyways. Some of them have improved my game a bit.

Tawpgun

Thanks in advance, GAF.
I regenned once.
Immediate regret.

It's dumb

HelloMeow

I measure mine and it takes around 20-30 secs once it start loading the map. Never try on my 60GB SSD though but the limited space prevent me from installing games.

Most of the time it's about 30 seconds, but sometimes it's double. The most I've measured was 1 minute and 10 seconds.

1) You might want to try a mode like Hardpoint or CTF instead of Attrition when you start the game. Just like in CoD, learning the maps is key, and in Hardpoint and CTF, the main objectives of the game mode are placed in strategic points of the map... The parts where action usually centers around. Also, like in CoD, in those modes you usually don't have players spawning behind you in unlikely places -- teams usually spawn around the points that they hold, so it's easy to "keep the enemy in front of you." Also, there is no death penalty in Hardpoint or CTF, you can keep trying to defend the flag or capture the points in Hardpoint without worrying about hurting your teams' score. In Attrition mode, you're probably best off not calling your Titan until you get used to how to use it (which you can learn in a mode like Hardpoint). If you call your Titan and you're not good at the game, your titan will be downed very quickly, and that's -5 points for your team. If you want to play attrition mode starting out, try to farm grunts. Soon enough, you'll get a perk that allows you to locate grunts on your map at all times... Try to sprint around the map looking for the grunt pods. Killing 3 or 4 grunts is the same amount of points as killing 1 human player, so you can kill 20, 30 grunts in a game of Attrition which will help your team, help you learn the maps, and maybe in the process you'll be able to kill a couple humans too.

2) Unfortunately, nobody talks in Titanfall unless you're in a party. Iguess this is a blessing and a curse... a curse because public rooms are frustrating to get any strategy set up, a blessing because I have never once encountered the screaming racist -- something that was very common in CoD on the 360.

You can test your mic in the XBox One Settings. I had some initial issues with my mic early on, voice would only come through my TV and be picked up by kinect. Oddly, plugging and unplugging my mic and turning off my controller mostly fixed this. Still, sometimes, it's weird and glitchy.

Thanks in advance, GAF.

Once you're in a match lobby, what would you think if your team has no badges and the other team is G2, G5, G8...It's all about prestige and some sort of intimidation factor.
Do what you want, but it's nice to have a badge.
XP ratio improves with each regen too, keep that in mind, you'll reach higher levels quicker than before.

TrueGrime

Thanks in advance, GAF.

Don't worry. You'll have plenty of time to get your weapons back and at a quicker rate. I hate seeing all these experience points come to me but I'm stuck on level 50 waiting to complete challenges. At least regen once to see if you'd do it again and the rate at which you get your stuff back.

hoyalawya

Thanks in advance, GAF.

I wouldn't have learned how to use the handguns and semi-auto weapons more effectively if I did not regen and complete the challenges. I am a little tired of having to unlock all the carbine attachments and mods again and again. However, I also enjoy the regen challenges and learning how to use the other weapons.

Started regen 3 yesterday, the plasma railgun definitely sucks, probs the worst titan gun actually but it's not that difficult to finish the challenge for it. I'm at 37/50 already.

You just gotta have A LOT patience, you're going to lose so many battles you would have easily won had you been using the 40mm or triple threat, sometimes lose your titan or the match without a single doom or worse, hound a stryder around the entire map, landing hit after successful hit only to get caught reloading and have some fuckface team member finally "help" you with his chaingun and steal the kill with indiscriminate hipfire from across the map.

I'm over it tho lol.

Combo I'm using right now

Atlas: The damage core helps so much because after the first titan battle with the chitty railgun, chances are your titan will be at half hull health if the other pilot is any good, so you'll need the damage core if you want any chance in follow up battles. Orge would probs be my second choice, shield would give you more time to suck up damage while you land your last shot, can't count how many times I just needed one more hit to doom someone and instead got blown up, though with how fat the orge is, any smart pilot would just dip before you doomed him.

Cluster: TBH I only use this because the railgun is alright if your good with your shots, but killing grunts or pilots can get old when you're dealing with 5 shots, no splash damage and having to lead. If you really just want to focus on getting the challenge out of the way at the expense of having a hard time killing anything but titans though probably the multi-missile system would be best because you can fire off only a few missiles to weaken your opponent without the chance of accidentally killing the titan like I've done a few times with the cluster.

Smoke: Again, I use this for annoying pilots, grunts, and quick escapes, though probably the particle wall would support the RG better so you can can get in 2 or 3 shots before it dissipates.

Instashot: Sorry, idgaf about your high damage when your bullet trajectory is slow as fuck, clip is tiny, and it takes forever to charge.

Finally I run fast autoloader and core accelerator (extender till you unlock it) for obvious reasons.

I can't wait for Regen 4 cuz of the quad rocket. Seems tier 2 but a lot of fun to use, especially after so much time spent with the RG.

I wouldn't have learned how to use the handguns and semi-auto weapons more effectively if I did not regen and complete the challenges. I am a little tired of having to unlock all the carbine attachments and mods again and again. However, I also enjoy the regen challenges and learning how to use the other weapons.

Yeah I agree, I don't understand people saying it's not worth it. Sure the challenges force you to utilize the harder to use guns but I don't ever feel it's to the point that it significantly hampers my performance for the match or the fun I have. As for keeping your equipment, ehhhhh. The first gun you unlock is arguably the best and it doesn't take long to unlock the most important attachment for it not to mention you rank up so fast in titanfall and most of the really beneficial stuff is given to you right away.

Tawpgun

I'm not a fan of regenning because I don't like nerfing my self.

I want to have an entire arsenal available to me. I regenned once and felt so sad I couldn't use everything I wanted to use.

It also leads to people playing with a very narrow purpose, ie to unlock shit by playing a certain way with a certain weapon instead of doing what the team needs.

Also, I hope there are more maps with important hardpoints. Not sure if this is true but I think if you capture some of the hardpoints on Fracture the turrets start fighting for your team. I want more shit like that. It'd be awesome to have a hardpoint where it repairs your titans health or something.

Thanks in advance, GAF.

Not really because my two primary loadouts use the carbine and the shotgun for my pilots and the 40 mm and the chaingun on my titan. Only thing at a higher level that I use regularly is the cluster missile but I can live without in the early levels.

I suspect I will hit a challenge that is too annoying (ala the gooser challenge) and I will stop eventually but so far so good.

Lima

Started regen 3 yesterday, the plasma railgun definitely sucks, probs the worst titan gun actually

It will be beast for Wingman LTS.

There is no other Titan weapon that takes down a shield with one charged shot and has that range.

Me and my buddy did this yesterday. Fire pretty much at the same time with two charged railguns and the first one takes the shield down and does some damage. Now it depends where the second projectile hits but if you get a crit a Titan is down to about a third of its health.

I can tell you people were pretty pissed in the lobby after the match. One guy called us out for cheating because he didn't understand how fast we took down his Titan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom