• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atkison04

Not really because my two primary loadouts use the carbine and the shotgun for my pilots and the 40 mm and the chaingun on my titan. Only thing at a higher level that I use regularly is the cluster missile but I can live without in the early levels.

I suspect I will hit a challenge that is too annoying (ala the gooser challenge) and I will stop eventually but so far so good.

Right on. The only things I miss are the abilities to make custom pilots/titans for the first few levels, and of course the better ord. like cluster missiles and smoke. Using the amped weapons burn cards and titan burn cards at the beginning of each regen helps level up rather quickly though.

I just started going for goosers, but man I think that as seldom as the opportunity comes to get one, I'm gonna have button panic and blow it when the gooser presents itself. We'll see.

It will be beast for Wingman LTS.

There is no other Titan weapon that takes down a shield with one charged shot and has that range.

Me and my buddy did this yesterday. Fire pretty much at the same time with two charged railguns and the first one takes the shield down and does some damage. Now it depends where the second projectile hits but if you get a crit a Titan is down to about a third of its health.

I can tell you people were pretty pissed in the lobby after the match. One guy called us out for cheating because he didn't understand how fast we took down his Titan.

A team that works together can take a titan down seconds after it's out of it's dome shield. Even as a single player I can pop smoke on them entering their titan, turn on damage core and have them dead pretty quick if they don't know what they're doing or caught by surprise.

Lima

2v2 as in only 4 players, or 6 teams of 2 similar to Wingman in Gears of War?

2 vs 2 as in 4 players total. I can already see that becoming my favorite game mode.

They felt that 6v6 LTS games sometimes lack real team strategy and focus if you go in as a lone wolf. At least that is what I remember Justin Hendry said.

With this you only need a buddy and can start rolling.

TrueGrime

Not sure how feel about a 2v2 LTS. Way too easy for a one-sided battle and if you were trying to play with mode by yourself (and a random) and that guy is shit then there will be no fun in that. However, I the openess of 2v2 titans sounds good.

I'm not a fan of regenning because I don't like nerfing my self.

I want to have an entire arsenal available to me. I regenned once and felt so sad I couldn't use everything I wanted to use.

It also leads to people playing with a very narrow purpose, ie to unlock shit by playing a certain way with a certain weapon instead of doing what the team needs.

Also, I hope there are more maps with important hardpoints. Not sure if this is true but I think if you capture some of the hardpoints on Fracture the turrets start fighting for your team. I want more shit like that. It'd be awesome to have a hardpoint where it repairs your titans health or something.
What do you use? I don't think I would go as far as to call it "nerfing" yourself. Again I struggle to think of anything really good that's unlocked late unless you're talking about the attachments that come from killing X amount spectres or grunts or w.e. And even then you're probably only a few hours from unlocking it again if you decide the challenges that regen are too annoying.

IDK, I'm only regen 3 so I can't speak like I've played all the challenges, so far though they haven't changed my playstyle really or hampered my wins. But I'm also the kind of person that in FPSes tries to use each and every gun equally and not whatever I do the best with, so to have a legit reason to encourage that kind of variety is great for me.

I looked at Origin last night and it's been almost a full month since I've played. I know I wanted to get as many hours for how much I paid for it... wonder if that's going to happen now lol.

Am_I_Evil

Not sure how feel about a 2v2 LTS. Way too easy for a one-sided battle and if you were trying to play with mode by yourself (and a random) and that guy is shit then there will be no fun in that. However, I the openess of 2v2 titans sounds good.

also seems like some maps may be WAY too big for so few people

Am_I_Evil

It's pretty easy for them to just keep something like Nexus out of rotation.

With Titans no map is too big in this game though. They are highly mobile.

good point...i was thinking just in general but with titans and with certain maps having special "Titan Paths" it probably won't be so bad...

Daemul

OK serious question: I'm level 49, just about to hit 50... for those of you who have gone next generation, did you at all regret your decision, especially the loss of the God gun, my beloved C.A.R?

Are the challenges worth the loss of all your goodies?

Thanks in advance, GAF.
Yeah man, just do it, you level up faster with each Gen, so it won't take you as long to get to max level as it did the first time. You also learn how to use new weapons, I'm currently Gen 2 and doing the Shotgun challenge and I'm loving the gun, it's so OP and easy to use.

This may be wrong, but to me, I feel as if I've suddenly improved ten fold as a player since I Regened. I'm dying much less and killing much more and I've almost always been MVP in each game, I'm way more consistent now. I have no idea what suddenly changed, maybe seeing that emblem next to my name made something click in my head, but Regenerating really made me a better player.

It could just be that I've just been facing shit players though lol, like in that LTS round I was talking about where the opposition were awful and they were Gen 2 players aswell.

TrueGrime

With the additions to private lobbies we really need to organize some GAF tournaments. For both PC and XBO. I wouldn't mind spearheading something like this. I could also include prizes for winners like gift cards, peripherals, etc. What do you guys think?

Daigoro

damn wingman LTS sounds awesome. i love 2v2 modes.

the bigger the better for maps. lots of ways to hide and flank sounds great.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I don't play LTS because it's kind of a cluster fuck when playing with randoms. I would play this with a friend, though, as long as they adjusted the playlist to suit the mode. It wouldn't be good for some maps.

2 vs 2 as in 4 players total. I can already see that becoming my favorite game mode.

They felt that 6v6 LTS games sometimes lack real team strategy and focus if you go in as a lone wolf. At least that is what I remember Justin Hendry said.

With this you only need a buddy and can start rolling.

It's pretty easy for them to just keep something like Nexus out of rotation.

With Titans no map is too big in this game though. They are highly mobile.

Sounds good. I'll have to start finding folks here who have the XBO version, as I don't want to play with randoms in a Wingman mode.

With the additions to private lobbies we really need to organize some GAF tournaments. For both PC and XBO. I wouldn't mind spearheading something like this. I could also include prizes for winners like gift cards, peripherals, etc. What do you guys think?

That sounds great, though I need to play with some folks in some regular private matches so I can get used to coordinating with a team. Been only with randoms thus far.

OK serious question: I'm level 49, just about to hit 50... for those of you who have gone next generation, did you at all regret your decision, especially the loss of the God gun, my beloved C.A.R?

Are the challenges worth the loss of all your goodies?

Thanks in advance, GAF.

No regrets here. I did miss my favorite layout at first, but as others have mentioned, you level up pretty quickly. I go after challenges now when ever my team is dominating and will probably keep regenerating.

Love the idea. Hopefully some of them are scheduled late night (after 9pm est.) as that's basically the only time I can jump on.

Lima

How long does it take to get the stryder in campaign? I had no intentions of playing it, guess I have to now.

You have to play 18 matches to unlock it so however long that takes. Add the search time and 90 second countdown between matches and I'd say around 4-5 hours to play through both campaigns.

Lima

When did COD get wall running and good maps again?

Which you can all use to your liking and advantage in all game modes already in the game. There is no need for a Titanless mode.

I wouldn't like to play the Fall without Titans.

88random

And the time when I have to bitch about the challenges finally comes. Gen 4, lvl 37, I already did all sniper and rockets challenges, autopistol almost done... But charge rifle critical hits: 3. I can't see myself completing that anytime soon.

Lima

IDK man it just a thought, TBH i can't play COD anymore now that i have the Fall.

I stopped playing them after MW in MP which was the high point of the series.

The Titans are the reason why Titanfall is good for me. It completely changes the way the game is played. One moment you are running along walls and shit and then you embark.

The game essentially takes Halo combat elements with health and shields making it more tactical and a skilled player can still win a fight after he gets shot if he is good.

The same is not true for pilot vs pilot. We discussed this to death in this thread already but the TTK is too close to Call of Duty. (something Respawn themselves dubbed Insta-death problematic, check the final hours of titanfall).

If you are getting shot you are already dead.

Player count would have to be upped for a pilot only mode too. With no Titans on the field the battlefields would be too empty with only 6v6.

I mean it could work. I just don't think it would be much fun.

Then again I'm the guy that likes the Titan Wars idea much more where everyone starts in a Titan and the pilot stuff is a second life mechanic which is why I play LTS exclusively now.

Jito

Banned
Which you can all use to your liking and advantage in all game modes already in the game. There is no need for a Titanless mode.

I wouldn't like to play the Fall without Titans.

I don't see how more options of how to play really hinders your enjoyment. Modes with limited or no Titans could really open up some new game types.

Nome

I don't see how more options of how to play really hinders your enjoyment. Modes with limited or no Titans could really open up some new game types.
More modes dilutes the playerbase. So yes, that can greatly hinder enjoyment.

I wouldn't mind a Titanless mode/playlist, as long as they up the player count in those modes.

This right here. Quite a few of the maps of themselves would be too empty and difficult to create 'hot zones' without the Titans. 8 v 8 would probably be the sweet spot.

However, I'd rather want more objective modes with the current structure before something like that would come along. May be best left in a sequel when more can be brought out of the hardware and a better engine.

Jito

Banned
More modes dilutes the playerbase. So yes, that can greatly hinder enjoyment.

Pretty sure multiplayer games these days do trial runs of all new playerlists to test the appeal. Doubt they'd just throw out new modes without the intention to tweak or remove them in the future.

Edit: Respawn have already announced new gamemodes anyway, so regardless of what they release it would be diluting the playerbase? Don't see how this applies just to pilot only modes.

Lima

This right here. Quite a few of the maps of themselves would be too empty and difficult to create 'hot zones' without the Titans. 8 v 8 would probably be the sweet spot.

However, I'd rather want more objective modes with the current structure before something like that would come along. May be best left in a sequel when more can be brought out of the hardware and a better engine.

Well the true objective modes are sadly the ones that end up dead the quickest anyways since they really suck without great teamplay and communication.

Which objective stuff are we talking about here? A search and destroy or sabotage game type? Wouldn't really work with the fast paced gameplay.

Well the true objective modes are sadly the ones that end up dead the quickest anyways since they really suck without great teamplay and communication.

Which objective stuff are we talking about here? A search and destroy or sabotage game type? Wouldn't really work with the fast paced gameplay.
What if you made the point you were supposed to destroy a titan? That could be fun. One team gets a titan to defend, and the other has to take it down? Dunno.

Tawpgun

Titans vs pilot mode would be cool. Like 2-3 titans and the rest are pilots. You could give the titans one life and pilots maybe like 3.

They did say they were gonna run rotating experimental playlists. It would be cool to have a sort of action sack playlist with a variety of interesting modes.

I wonder if they can make a mode you take damage when on the ground floor. Floor is lava mode.

Lima

They did say they were gonna run rotating experimental playlists. It would be cool to have a sort of action sack playlist with a variety of interesting modes.

I would like a goofy playlist like Halo always had with all kinds of silly stuff.

jediyoshi

I can relate to missing round start, it's getting annoying. Can't you still pause and set a burn card a little while after you spawn? I know you can switch load-outs multiple times shortly after you spawn...

Good call. Still annoying though, wish you could just preassign a burn card slot to automatically activate at round start.

HelloMeow

Have they "improved" matchmaking again? It takes ages to find a game. And when I'm finally in a game, it starts all over again after the round is over.

I hope they just start balancing teams instead of having teams that stay the same all the time.

Jesus I am so done with this bullshit. I just want to play the game. I don't want to fuck around with the menus and matchmaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom