• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally finished the charge rifle crits!

Now to finish the last eight levels and then suffer through 50 gooser kills since Bluepoint seems to have no intention on fixing or addressing that...

Sigh.

Sean

Banned
I would LOVE it if they had a snow themed pack where they had 3 or 4 different maps, all snow themed. Snow maps are severely under used in online shooters, IMO. We basically already have every other available environment in the game (especially with swamp like maps coming with the first pack), so it just makes sense for some snow.

Yeah I love snow maps. Halo series had some good ones - Sidewinder in Halo 1, Containment in Halo 2, Avalanche in Halo 3...

Would love to see some snow maps in Titanfall though I'd imagine there might be problems as it'd be nearly impossible to see a cloaked user on a bright white map.

How long does 100 wins generally take? Long enough for me to grind out the "unlock everything" achievement?

I'm not sure where I'm sitting at in hours, but I'm at about 62 wins (out of about 120) with still the Hemlock, Triple Threat, Arc Cannon, and R-97 mods to unlock. Been playing with randoms though across all the game modes.

hoyalawya

Any tips on the G2A4 semi-auto rifle. I just went on a streak with like 20 deaths for 10 pilot kills with that rifle. And I lost all one-on-one face-on encounters. My right index finger is actually hurting right now from spamming the right trigger.

HelloMeow

Any tips on the G2A4 semi-auto rifle. I just went on a streak with like 20 deaths for 10 pilot kills with that rifle. And I lost all one-on-one face-on encounters. My right index finger is actually hurting right now from spamming the right trigger.

Don't use it.

Edit:
Origin is downloading an update? Any info on this.

Don't use it.

Edit:
Origin is downloading an update? Any info on this.

Lol that gen 7 challenge tho.

Think tonight will be my last session for a bit :-( will probs he 50 and 4 Gooser kills. I might sit there for a week or two and if bluepoint doesn't update the challenge by then I guess I might give it a try.

hoyalawya

Best time to rodeo a titan is when it's fighting one of your team's titans, they just gettin DP'd at that point.

Actually, I abused the Fracture map, Angel City map, and Two Towers map repeatedly to get the rodeo kills. All of them in campaign mode and have an auto-titan (2 in Two Towers) in the beginning that you can abuse (and hope that no one else sees you).

Roflobear

Just got to Gen 8. Gen 7 was probably the easiest regen in Titanfall so far. Pretty sad to see the black and red chip go though. Probably the best looking chip so far. Also Gen 8 XP bonus is pretty nuts. Just went from level 1 to 8 in a single game

Yea I'm not really sure what to say other than definitely try to avoid one-on-one battles. Also G2A4 has some pretty mediocre range so just move around a lot and try to catch people unaware. This was probably the second most annoying gun to work with after the dmr I think

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
FUCK ME

Just went 14 and 1 or 2 in LTS and then Xbox Live disconnected immediately after the match ended. Dont even know if Ill get all that XP. SO pissed.

HelloMeow

I love it when I lose because of my team, search for a new game and join the same game, but on the other team.

It isn't exactly fair, but it does feel good.

tauke

I love it when I lose because of my team, search for a new game and join the same game, but on the other team.

It isn't exactly fair, but it does feel good.

Same here. There are times I quit a match because my team members are not playing any of the objectives and I after trying to search for a new match, the server randomly drop me into a match in progress.

Voila now I'm on the opposite team from the last match and my blood pressure reduce dramatically lol.

Last night was a maddening experience in general. I kept getting retry connection messages in all the matches I played (PC). I didn't die once from it which was a miracle but I did miss out on a fair few titan kills due to this.

The matches were also taking an age to load and other players were joining late into the start (well after drop ship).

Last night was a maddening experience in general. I kept getting retry connection messages in all the matches I played (PC). I didn't die once from it which was a miracle but I did miss out on a fair few titan kills due to this.

The matches were also taking an age to load and other players were joining late into the start (well after drop ship).

I'm really starting to wonder about the PC community for this game. A member of the dev team already stated weeks ago that PC matchmaking was slower than XB1 because of a "significantly smaller player base". As time goes on that problem will only grow worse.

I'm really starting to wonder about the PC community for this game. A member of the dev team already stated weeks ago that PC matchmaking was slower than XB1 because of a "significantly smaller player base". As time goes on that problem will only grow worse.

When I was playing Hawken last year I got to know players as we would end up being matched in a high percentage of matches. You almost knew who would be in the teams; the player base seemed that small.

I don't think I have noticed the issue on here just yet. I hope the game stays alive because it is still so enjoyable.

KPunk

Those plasma railgun regen challenges...I feel so bad for my team. I'm useless in a titan now. :(

Regen 3 is the worst. I am still stuck on it myself. However once you get 10 Titan kills, and unlock instant shot, i highly recommend using that. It makes the gun weaker, however it still is the most powerful weapon for a titan. Last night i got 7 Titan kills in one round using that setup.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
It's the call of duty effect. If you want to play a game that has players care about winning, play Halo or Gears.

Unfortunately both those series are terrible in their latest greatest versions. I doubt Halo 5 and Gears of War next-gen are gonna be any better.

I just don't understand why FPS's have strayed away from the whole point of a game, which is to win or lose.

It's like, Titfanfall has some amazing mechanics that finally hit consoles, the wall-running, double jumping, etc...but then the entire premise of the game is to farm AI and whether you win or lose the match, it doesn't really "point" it out to you, and I can tell it's intentional so that weaker players don't feel butthurt.

It's the call of duty effect. If you want to play a game that has players care about winning, play Halo or Gears.

As someone who has only played Battlefield 3 & 4, Hawken and Titanfall online why is this now the case?

What makes a community care about winning more than another? Is it in-game rewards or just the competitiveness of those players that gravitate towards certain games?

I always play to win and my win ratio in this game is 69% (perhaps stats like these should be put in an icon). Of course the players around you have a bearing on this stat but I like to think that I contribute highly to teams when I am in them.

If our team loses and I haven't had a good game I always feel I have let them down. Hell, I think this if I have had a good game but feel I could have done more.

Online gaming can be too pressurized sometimes :p

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Leveling up when you get to gen 6 is crazy. I am going to zip right to 50 where I shall sit for days trying to get kills with the bouncy rifle, aka Spitfire LMG.

Spades

I always play to win and my win ratio in this game is 69% (perhaps stats like these should be put in an icon). Of course the players around you have a bearing on this stat but I like to think that I contribute highly to teams when I am in them.

I love this idea.

I'm sitting on 82% after ~280 matches played, but I mostly try to stay in a team of 4-5 every time I play seeing as we all care more about winning the match than personal progression. We play CTF a lot (best game mode IMO) and seem to dominate with good team-work against high regen levels.

Jito

Banned
Not seeing the performance boost with this new patch and shame they've still not fixed the matchmaking, first game today playing with rank 12s an shit.

I love this idea.

I'm sitting on 82% after ~280 matches played, but I mostly try to stay in a team of 4-5 every time I play seeing as we all care more about winning the match than personal progression. We play CTF a lot (best game mode IMO) and seem to dominate with good team-work against high regen levels.

82%, very nice.

Damn those late matches I have joined! I don't think a win/loss should register when you are on the epilogue screen. I don't know how many of those I have been stuck into.

Jito

Banned
Currently at 81% after 489 games played, thought it'd be lower due to all the quitting shit teams or joining games right at the end. 259 MVPS as well. Used the Smart Pistol for 9 minutes total lawl.

Barely anyone on the XB1 for Hardpoint. Just enough to fill a partial team of randoms and the rest are full private groups.

Don't know anyone on XB1 with Titanfall at the moment, so I'll probably just end up grinding out unlocks in Attrition so I can move on from Gen 1.

Dandalf

Neo Member
I know I have you on my friends list already, Arkk, but I'm always looking for more skilled people to play Titanfall with on XBox One.

A buddy and I mainly play Hardpoint and Attrition, but eventually we'll move into other modes.

I'm available all day Mondays (no work) and for about an hour each evening (4-5 PST) until my wife gets home from work.

Feel free to shoot me a friend request and let me know you're from GAF. Would be fun to have a party of six running lobbies!

Gamertag: Dandalph

ohlawd

now we're talking.

GT: ohmahlawdy
Feel free to add me. I can play whenever barring weekends. PST here too.

I only play HP but if we got a team going, I can dabble in other modes.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
They could do with an 'ability' icon (in addition to rank) in the lobby, showing actual skill levels. Would be helpful.

I'm in favor of a dual ranking system - one rank that would be generation and the other a skill based/performance rank.

I know I have you on my friends list already, Arkk, but I'm always looking for more skilled people to play Titanfall with on XBox One.

A buddy and I mainly play Hardpoint and Attrition, but eventually we'll move into other modes.

I'm available all day Mondays (no work) and for about an hour each evening (4-5 PST) until my wife gets home from work.

Feel free to shoot me a friend request and let me know you're from GAF. Would be fun to have a party of six running lobbies!

Gamertag: Dandalph

Yeah, I see you online from time to time, but my hours hardly match up with yours. Plus I have the wife home=no game (for me anyways) after 4 EST.

Will probably get a hold of you Monday though. Like I said I'll probably take today and the weekend to clear through all the mod unlocks before I regenerate (and spam campaign for those achievements too I suppose). Don't want to be working on certain weapons ever again unless I absolutely have to.

Just frankly surprised at how small the community is for some of these modes.

zeelman

I gave up on the PC version because I was having lag issues, and now those same issues have cropped for me on the Xbone version. The enemy players stutter all over my screen. Killing people is very difficult. I also get killed around corners constantly. Restarting my network doesn't help, and I don't have any NAT issues or anything like that. Are there certain times of the day that the servers run better? I have around a 20-30 ping for my area, but it doesn't feel that way at all.

Hit 5th gen on 360. Done with this game and not buying DLC until Bluepoint either fixes the Gooser challenge or learns to communicate with players better. No reply so far on twitter. I tried tweeting @Titanfallgame and respawn. Hopefully one of them gets on their ass about it.

Love the game, just don't feel like wasting time grinding 50 ejection kills. :/

On to NHL 14 in the mean time...

Daemul

Hit 5th gen on 360. Done with this game and not buying DLC until Bluepoint either fixes the Gooser challenge or learns to communicate with players better. No reply so far on twitter. I tried tweeting @Titanfallgame and respawn. Hopefully one of them gets on their ass about it.

Love the game, just don't feel like wasting time grinding 50 ejection kills. :/

On to NHL 14 in the mean time...

Yeah, I'll probably do the same, though I may finish up all the other Gen 5 challenges first and get to level 50 before waiting for Bluepoint to patch the Gooser. I need an excuse to stop playing the game tbh, it's all I've been playing since I got it, my backlog needs attention lol

As an avid titan slayer, I roll exclusively with cloak. Plus that is useless without an indicator I'm being targeted.

I'm kind of the opposite of you with this.. I roll stim on all my classes.. just too good in pilot engagements.

It's trade off, but if there's a smart pistol guy giving you grief.. just have a backup stim class and enjoy. If they're always getting you at odd angles it won't work but.. in a fight where they engage you head on it's awesome. Most people just don't expect it and commit to charging with the pistol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom