• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this happening only to me? This is while playing the campaign btw, haven't yet tried proper mp modes.

Campaign is usually hit or miss in terms of lobbies, sometimes you'll have 4v6, 6v6, 3v6.. The matchmaking pool for that part of the game is pretty small and dependent on what chapter you're on.

In terms of connection.. can't speak for EU servers but on US East I haven't had any issue lately.

My suggestion would be to try the regular MP so you can compare your issues with a bigger player base. Uneven lobbies usually fill up by the mid point of a match.

What Platform are you on? If you're on pc you can at least put up FPS monitoring and see if you're getting massive drops before crashing.

You're going to do them, and you're going to come back here and bitch about them like the rest of us. This is unavoidable, don't fight it.

Haha. I hate sniper rifles. I've always been terrible with them in every shooter ever. I've also not used a pistol once in my 60 hours of play time. And Dark Souls 2 comes out on Friday.

Jito

Banned
Servers are sucking arseholes today, 3 games I've lagged out of when my ping has still been in the 50s. Take it were not getting an update this week.

Edit: Well the game decided I'd have more fun spectating my killer for the rest of the game than letting me respawn, then I lagged out again. New shit in this game pops up every week.

And matched up with a shit team getting stomped on again, why do I bother?

Has the ability to get into the drop ship from above been stopped?

Earlier I initiated a doomed ejection to launch into the air and land in the ship from above. I went straight through the ship. Our team definitely lost so it wasn't me being an idiot and trying to board the opposition team's ship.

Izuna

Banned
I had a really odd issue once, I suppose it was a glitch, where I was out of my titan as it had been destroyed. The round wasn't ending and I thought the match had gone into limbo. I see an enemy pilot run past on the floor, shot him and we won the round. It seemed like none of our team or theirs had a titan left. Our team definitely didn't have a titan left as I was the only one left alive and there were no titan icons.

I have seen this so many times.It turns into a strange pilot hunter but I think it is caused when both titans get destroyed at almost the same time.

Mafro

•my connection is solid (cable, not wifi) on every other game/console/PC and yet on TF I'm usually 4 bars out of 5 (couple of times I was 3 bars!) and I never ping lover than 50ms (it's usually between 52 and 64ms). Not much of a difference between all the EU servers, normally it's less than a 3ms difference... kinda weird isn't it?
This is exactly the same with me on the closest EU server. Great connection when playing Black Ops 2 on 360, Battlefield 4 on PS4 and PC games online, but in Titanfall I'm rarely ever above three bars. There has to be something wrong with the way the game calculates connections as everything else is fine. It's pretty annoying, really.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Thanks for the replies guys!

Campaign is usually hit or miss in terms of lobbies, sometimes you'll have 4v6, 6v6, 3v6.. The matchmaking pool for that part of the game is pretty small and dependent on what chapter you're on.

In terms of connection.. can't speak for EU servers but on US East I haven't had any issue lately.

My suggestion would be to try the regular MP so you can compare your issues with a bigger player base. Uneven lobbies usually fill up by the mid point of a match.

What Platform are you on? If you're on pc you can at least put up FPS monitoring and see if you're getting massive drops before crashing.

I'm on Xbox One.
I understand the players pool is smaller on campaign but why the hell doesn't the matchmaking split us evenly numbers and exp level?! It's ridiculous being four <lvl20 scrubs going against a full team of six >30/40lvl Gen2/4 players.

Btw, where do I see if I've won a chapter or not? I can't seem to find it. I'm probably blind but goddamn I hate manual-less games, at least Nintendo games have a full digital manual which is very comprehensive.
Also, what about my other question, is it normal that I'm always on the blue team when playing the campaign?

This is exactly the same with me on the closest EU server. Great connection when playing Black Ops 2 on 360, Battlefield 4 on PS4 and PC games online, but in Titanfall I'm rarely ever above three bars. There has to be something wrong with the way the game calculates connections as everything else is fine. It's pretty annoying, really.

Yeah, same here although having 3 bars is a rare thing, but I never had a full bar ever, always 4 slices tops.
The Xbox One's connection setup test is also hilarious since it pings to Seattle no matter where you're based, so it's usually over 200ms latency result... completely useless as it is, they should either fix it or get rid of it since before googling the matter I was going crazy trying to find faults in ports forwarding etc.

edit:
I forgot to add something that was kinda infuriating last night: I played over an hour and in every goddamn game the MVP on both teams were two guys with 1 (ONE!) bar which you could see warping all over the place, tried to melee the dude a couple of times but it din't connect, instead the game froze for half a second and I found myself in the middle of the melee-execution's animation... WTF. Those guys must've probably been playing on 3G but they should not be permitted to play ruining the game like that. I'm not one to care about winning/losing on online mp games but I want to enjoy myself, I thought having a crappy connection meant you're at disadvantage?
Surely feels that way when I have the game crapping out server-side, can't aim for shit with the stuttering and such... but then how we're those guys consistently at the top by far?

Has the ability to get into the drop ship from above been stopped?

Earlier I initiated a doomed ejection to launch into the air and land in the ship from above. I went straight through the ship. Our team definitely lost so it wasn't me being an idiot and trying to board the opposition team's ship.
I don't think so, I ejected into the dropship yesterday. I just think you've always had to land on/through it around where you normally get in through the side, if that makes sense.

GeeDuhb

I have not played in a few days (360) but just booted it up and had to DL an update. Anyone know what it added? I see private matches are now on 360...

And Gen 4 is where I stop. Just looked at those regen challenges. Nope...

Got them all done by 35 besides the charge rifle, which is easy.

The crossbow is semi auto and takes two shots to kill. Cmon son.

I have not played in a few days (360) but just booted it up and had to DL an update. Anyone know what it added? I see private matches are now on 360...

That's it. Bluepoint didn't bother to add anything else, as far as anyone can tell.

Got them all done by 35 besides the charge rifle, which is easy.

The crossbow is semi auto and takes two shots to kill. Cmon son.

Like I said above, I've always sucked with sniper rifles in games, so obviously I don't enjoy using them. With Dark Souls 2 out this Friday my play time is going to be dropping. When I do play I'd rather play with the gear I actually like and do well instead of dragging the team down while I'm trying to complete challenges.

I never prestiged in a CoD before, so I'm pretty pleased with Gen 4.

rbanke

So I've had this since Friday (pc) and so far it feels like this game is doing all it can to turn me off of it. I played through one side of the 'campaign' Friday night and since then have played here and there trying to complete the other side. Every night it's the same sitting and waiting for a match forever eventually I'm dumped in sometimes several matches back and it becomes too late to keep playing. Add to that, that I've still not been on a winning team even once. Getting really old real quick. It just put me in a match tonight after almost 30 min of trying and it looks to be 3 chapters behind sigh.

So I've had this since Friday (pc) and so far it feels like this game is doing all it can to turn me off of it. I played through one side of the 'campaign' Friday night and since then have played here and there trying to complete the other side. Every night it's the same sitting and waiting for a match forever eventually I'm dumped in sometimes several matches back and it becomes too late to keep playing. Add to that, that I've still not been on a winning team even once. Getting really old real quick. It just put me in a match tonight after almost 30 min of trying and it looks to be 3 chapters behind sigh.
Add me on Origin. Seither2k. It's a lot more fun with a party. I don't have a mic though.

Feelin a bit like a DIRTBALL. Decided to finish up the Militia achievement today but I wasn't gonna fuck around and give the other team any chances. Half the campaign (especially the attrition games) I did the same shit at the start of the match, spare stryder/atlas/ogre, suicide, then use map hack/packet sniffer. Got damb. Those poor new guys got rolled over so hard. It was always a 3 to 1 score by the end with half their team dipping after each game. I feel bad.

Butttt I'm around 45 now I think, only have the Titan killer for the arc cannon left to finish, along with the Gooser but looks like that ain't getting updated anytime soon so..

Scottiths

Banned
After you unlock INSTANT SHOT it's easy. Also i recomand that you play: HARDPOINT not LAST TITAN STANDING. On HARDPOINT you find lots of abandoned titans aka easy shots :p
I like the charge shot once I figured out you could get critical hits on full shied titans. If you aim for where the critical spots are and hit with full charge you kill the shield, get a crit hit, and knock off a sizeable portion of health.

Titan crush challenge sucks. Whenever I set up grunts to be crushed they step out of the way right before it hits. Been having to get them one at a time rodeoing Titans and crushing them when the Pilot jumps out or crushing the auto Titans.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Titan crush challenge sucks. Whenever I set up grunts to be crushed they step out of the way right before it hits. Been having to get them one at a time rodeoing Titans and crushing them when the Pilot jumps out or crushing the auto Titans.

YMMV on this but the best thing to have happen is see one of those pods drop and drop a titan there since all the grunts run out as a group. Not always easy to stumble on that though.

If I want to get better with a gun, I'll use it of my own accord. I don't need forced Gen challenges to push me into using something I may or may not care about. If people need to be pushed into be using specific weapons, that says a lot about the weapon design (or lack thereof).

The game is team oriented and people who play towards meeting Gen challenges rather than playing to help the team or win make the entire game weaker. "If you don't like it, it's just a rank" is precisely why I'm still Gen 2/50 but I'm almost certain I'm in the minority of people who have done that.

Right, but the point stands - it's just a rank. I totally understand and agree with your reasoning as to why doing those challenges is annoying. But can you really complain if it's a series of challenges that aren't required to complete? Unless I'm mistaken and it somehow affects matchmaking or weapon unlocks or something, you're just saying 'I want that Gen 6 badge but I don't like what I have to do to get it'. So just don't do what you have to do to get it, and play the game the way you want to.

hoyalawya

A lot of similar complaints for Titanfall PC. The PC community seems to be getting smaller. I have not had any difficulty on the Xbox One getting into any map on campaign mode except after 1:00AM (US East datacenter).

hoyalawya

Shoot at them to keep them from moving while waiting for the titan?

char0n

Welp, think I might be done with this/online FPSs in general. I don't have the skill any more and I certainly don't have the time to get better, and either I'm so shitty that there is no one at my level to drop me against or the matchmaking is still shit (which I suspect the latter is true regardless as I still seem to end up on the "all no-gen-except one sub-gen-4 guy" team running around disjointed vs all-gen-2+ guys who always manage finish the round as a team of titans destroying the evac ship then chatting about great teamwork on their side between rounds). KD the last 2 or so weeks went from a cozy 1.7 to around 0.5 (vs pilots), and that's just not fun (and again, looking at the scoreboards at the end of the matches the enemy team's K/D is on AVERAGE almost 3.0 while my team's average is about 0.3). This is where I'm missing offline unranked botmatches where I can learn the maps/get a better understanding of the weapons by just screwing around with them and slowly raising the AI to godlike like I used to in UT when I was starting out there.

It sucks because I love everything else about the game except for consistently being the one on the receiving end of pub-stomps.

Roflobear

Man the rate you gain levels at in Gen 7 is ridiculous. Just went from level 41 to 44 in one game by completing a few tier V challenges. Wound up with almost 80000 XP

~~Hasan~~

so, yesterday i finished the story / camp for both sides and... i don't understand shit from the story. but i am enjoying the muliplayer anyway ^_^

It does suck, but by the time you reach 100 wins, you should have it. I've barely been trying and while I'm on 32 wins, I already have 7 look out below kills. Once I start trying, I figure I can knock out at least 1 per game.

Gooser and the rodeo kills(prior to unlocking Spitfire + Slammer) are still far and away the most annoying challenges, IMO.

Welp, think I might be done with this/online FPSs in general. I don't have the skill any more and I certainly don't have the time to get better, and either I'm so shitty that there is no one at my level to drop me against or the matchmaking is still shit (which I suspect the latter is true regardless as I still seem to end up on the "all no-gen-except one sub-gen-4 guy" team running around disjointed vs all-gen-2+ guys who always manage finish the round as a team of titans destroying the evac ship then chatting about great teamwork on their side between rounds). KD the last 2 or so weeks went from a cozy 1.7 to around 0.5 (vs pilots), and that's just not fun (and again, looking at the scoreboards at the end of the matches the enemy team's K/D is on AVERAGE almost 3.0 while my team's average is about 0.3). This is where I'm missing offline unranked botmatches where I can learn the maps/get a better understanding of the weapons by just screwing around with them and slowly raising the AI to godlike like I used to in UT when I was starting out there.

It sucks because I love everything else about the game except for consistently being the one on the receiving end of pub-stomps.

Getting put into teams with players who aren't very good does not help your morale. There is only so much one or two players can do when the other team is good and your is not. That is VERY off-putting.

I don't tend to worry about the generation icon of players; a gen 3 doesn't read much different to, say, a gen 8. The bigger issue is when one team is full of non-genned players (I am one but that is out of choice!) all in low numbers and thus do not have the experience with the game.

Also, perhaps you are a bit burned out with the game? I go through phases where I feel untouchable and then I play too much and simply get tired of the game; I lose my discipline and become inpatient and bored. A few days break is usually enough to rekindle my 'give-a-damn' for the game.

DrDamn

•in the last couple of days I had the game's engine crapping out on me (it's clearly server side, not in-game slowdowns since it happens even with not much going on screen) and a few seconds later BAM! I'm kicked out of the game like if my connection was dropped... never happened before, and it,s pissing me off especially when I had a decent match and was about to win and make lots of exp points, it usually happens at the end of the level too!

Is this happening only to me? This is while playing the campaign btw, haven't yet tried proper mp modes.

Same here. Tried adding all the port forwarding to my router last night to help but it didn't. Generally having a tough time progressing in the campaign at all because I get joined in to a game a couple of rounds back from where I have got to, and I get a server disconnect or game crash to dash within two rounds. At least it still tracks the stats but it's very frustrating. I must have played 15 odd campaign rounds and I'm only half way through the militia campaign progress wise. I'm in the UK so EU North servers?

iMax

Getting put into teams with players who aren't very good does not help your morale. There is only so much one or two players can do when the other team is good and your is not. That is VERY off-putting.

I don't tend to worry about the generation icon of players; a gen 3 doesn't read much different to, say, a gen 8. The bigger issue is when one team is full of non-genned players (I am one but that is out of choice!) all in low numbers and thus do not have the experience with the game.

Also, perhaps you are a bit burned out with the game? I go through phases where I feel untouchable and then I play too much and simply get tired of the game; I lose my discipline and become inpatient and bored. A few days break is usually enough to rekindle my 'give-a-damn' for the game.

They could do with an 'ability' icon (in addition to rank) in the lobby, showing actual skill levels. Would be helpful.

So I'm playing Last Titan Standing trying to grind out the Plasma Railgun and half my team ditches their titans at the beginning of the round. WTF are they doing?? I bet it's some kind of fucked up challenge.

It works pretty good. People go up high and while the titans fight, they easily pick off titans while on foot.

When you got a bunch of Titans going at it, it's hard to pick out that solo on foot pilot who is sniping you from a distance. It also slightly can give a firepower boost by having auto titan attacking while your also dealing damage from on foot

It works pretty good. People go up high and while the titans fight, they easily pick off titans while on foot.

When you got a bunch of Titans going at it, it's hard to pick out that solo on foot pilot who is sniping you from a distance. It also slightly can give a firepower boost by having auto titan attacking while your also dealing damage from on foot

Seen it fairly effective on Boneyard. The effectiveness can be greater if you know that the other team is focusing on slower, short range projectiles.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
http://www.titanfall.com/news/expedition-war-games

New map "War Games". Looks like a mish-mash of current maps in a simulator setting.

exped_map.jpg

exped_3a.jpg

exped_4a.jpg

Looks interesting, but I want to see a video first.

Jito

Banned
New map looks quality. I like the idea of having the simulation based on different existing maps and some areas on the map glitching out. The background/skybox looks cool as well.

Daemul

Finished all the Gen 3 challenges, the Plasma POS actually became easier to use towards the end, but I've dumped it now and have no intention of ever using it again, but if for some reason I do have to use it again, I'll know how to get the best out of it this time, so I guess there was a benefit to doing that challenge.

I'm level 45 and now I'm just messing around and padding stats in Campaign in order to max out all those challenges and get those 10k experience points so that I can reach level 50 quicker. I'm surprised just how many low level players I still find whenever I play the Campaign, as in the level 1-10 range, it's a good sign that the game is doing well if new players are joining all the time, in time to be my fodder that is.

buh dum tish

New map looks sweet :D Now we just need a Snow map.

I would LOVE it if they had a snow themed pack where they had 3 or 4 different maps, all snow themed. Snow maps are severely under used in online shooters, IMO. We basically already have every other available environment in the game (especially with swamp like maps coming with the first pack), so it just makes sense for some snow.

E92 M3

I would LOVE it if they had a snow themed pack where they had 3 or 4 different maps, all snow themed. Snow maps are severely under used in online shooters, IMO. We basically already have every other available environment in the game (especially with swamp like maps coming with the first pack), so it just makes sense for some snow.

Yes, snow environments make the map twice as good automatically. It's one of the reasons I liked the first Black Ops a lot. Most of the maps were snow covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom