• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayme

Raytow, try what Pegasus suggest. If that doesn't work, have EA support check that their system does know that you own the DLC, or there isn't some obvious issue/fix that we're not thinking of here.

If you hit a brick wall, PM me.

EDIT: actually... you might still be running the "play for 48hrs" version of the game, which probably isn't getting the DLC you bought (and will go away anyhow soon). I think you're going to have to download the "real" version of the game, the one you just bought. I'm not 100% on that, as the installer is more of an Origin thing, but seems likely. Sorry for your trouble either way.

Raytow

Raytow, try what Pegasus suggest. If that doesn't work, have EA support check that their system does know that you own the DLC, or there isn't some obvious issue/fix that we're not thinking of here.

EDIT: actually... you might still be running the "play for 48hrs" version of the game, which probably isn't getting the DLC you bought (and will go away anyhow soon). I think you're going to have to download the "real" version of the game, the one you just bought. I'm not 100% on that, as the installer is more of an Origin thing, but seems likely. Sorry for your trouble either way.
Oh yeah I'm playing with the 48 hrs download, there is another version which I suppose is the full one, but didn't download it(still plays when I run it) will try that, thanks all! is also nice to see a representative on board as well, it is very reassuring.

bitoriginal

What the actual fuck is wrong with this game? It's literally the most pathetic example of an always online game I've ever had the displeasure the experience.

The gameplay is great, if I was actually able to fucking play. I've just spent an hour fucking around watching infinite loading screens, clearing the system cache, resetting my router.

Seriously, this is literally the worst matchmaking system I've ever had to attempt to endure. How can it be fucking worse than COD4?

Fuck this shit, and fuck respawn for making a 'connecting' screen that relays absolutely no information and that I can't quit from if it's not working.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
What the actual fuck is wrong with this game? It's literally the most pathetic example of an always online game I've ever had the displeasure the experience.

The gameplay is great, if I was actually able to fucking play. I've just spent an hour fucking around watching infinite loading screens, clearing the system cache, resetting my router.

Seriously, this is literally the worst matchmaking system I've ever had to attempt to endure. How can it be fucking worse than COD4?

Fuck this shit, and fuck respawn for making a 'connecting' screen that relays absolutely no information and that I can't quit from if it's not working.

Yeah this is my one major issue with the game.

The whole menu/lobby/matchmaking system is fucked. You should be able to do almost everything "offline". If the servers are fucked, I should still be able to:

- Train
- Adjust setting
- Adjust loadouts
- Select burn cards

and all that other shit. The fact that you can't do ANYTHING if the servers are down or if your ISP is a piece of shit (Like mine is. Had to bridge mode my modem to get anything to work) is ridiculous.

Also, why is it that Geurilla seem to be able to get people into games almost instantly in a way that literally no other online FPS can?

Even in CoD, a game with the largest onlnine population on consoles can't get me into a game as quick as Killzone can, yet Killzone has the smallest population of them all. I"m going ot get a refund on my season pass given you simply can't find a game in the extra maps. Althouhg now it seems the extra maps have been integrated anyway.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i must be the only one who doesnt give a shit about gens/achievements/prestige. i play titanfall how i want. from day one. no frustration in being "forced" to play with limp loaouts. just fun man, thats what its about. gen1 level 50 FOREVER.

Raytow

i must be the only one who doesnt give a shit about gens/achievements/prestige. i play titanfall how i want. from day one. no frustration in being "forced" to play with limp loaouts. just fun man, thats what its about. gen1 level 50 FOREVER.
Do you gain anything from changing gens? other than bragging rights?

So I unlocked everything for pilots and titans, at max level gen 2 and the achievement didn't unlock, is there something small I am missing from the everything unlocked task?

I like them as goals to reach but only if I enjoy it, there's plenty of achievements I said fucn no to doing, it helps the game have legs for me.

I still play to win, I just use what ever weapon I need at the time.

I'll stay as a gen 2 forever though, I really don't enjoy earning stuff I use often all over again and I will never hit max generation anytime soon if I did.

Dubz

Just tried to play some Titanfall. Fired up the new maps in Attrition mode. and I sat in the lobby for 10 minutes and quit. This game desperately needs a server browser.

El_Chino

Hey Rayme, any update on what I posted above?

Hatchtag

Banned
I've had this game for about a week. Is Campaign Multiplayer required to unlock the other two Titans? Because my god, that game mode was a horrid, horrid idea. I rather like the game, but everything 'cinematic' about it is complete and utter shit.

Argonomic

- Train
- Adjust setting
- Adjust loadouts
- Select burn cards

and all that other shit. The fact that you can't do ANYTHING if the servers are down or if your ISP is a piece of shit (Like mine is. Had to bridge mode my modem to get anything to work) is ridiculous.

Is there that much value in setting up your loadout if you can't play? It would be cool to mess with your loadout on your phone while you're waiting in line somewhere, but not essential.

Infinite loading screens usually mean texture memory is set too high, not a router issue.

Is there that much value in setting up your loadout if you can't play? It would be cool to mess with your loadout on your phone while you're waiting in line somewhere, but not essential.

Considering how often server connections time out or have issues, it would be nice to be able to take the time to mess with settings without fear of a server time-out negating all of the changes made.

It's a far better structure than the void of time that has been placed between each match in most personal cases.

I can understand the reasons why folks at Respawn who worked on these systems didn't feel it necessary, but in the end it's up for the community to decide on what they want from the game, and up to those at Respawn to take with that what they will to make a better experience for said community.

It's just like the continued brush-offs about server browsing. Again, I understand the decisions made, but the subject has been treated almost as taboo by Respawn in communications with the community.

In the end, no, these things may not be essential. Then again, it's also not essential for people to buy the game. Which, given how great the game plays when it's working flawlessly, is something I wish to say otherwise.

Rayme

Hey Rayme, any update on what I posted above?

Every update has improved performance - sometimes just a little (or very specific problem cases), sometimes a lot more. This next update probably has the most yet, and the stuff we're testing right now for the one after that has even more.

...I realize that sounds very hand-wavy. Sorry to be frustrating. What I can say is that we have coders (and occasionally scripters) who are solely working on performance improvements, they've done some cool under-the-hood stuff that's bearing fruit, and they're not done.

Resolution is still a goal. Luckily that's an issue of being GPU-bound, not CPU, but we'll see.

Is Campaign Multiplayer required to unlock the other two Titans?
Today, yes, but the upcoming patch will make that not the case. =)

daedalius

Nope, once I got to gen 3 and tried to use the charge rifle I decided I didn't care about regenning ever again.

Link? I see Respawn telling you that porting takes time, but I don't see anyone saying Xbox 360 will get updates at the same time as Xbox One, though I might not be looking in the right place.

I'm on mobile. Thread search doesn't work properly.

and I'm 4th prestige in ghosts

so I'm like 8th gen/prestige cuh

If you say so.

Never had an issue even on WiFi. I'll never understand why people complain about this shit when it's likely their shitty internet.

Not that hard to do well with any weapon or any setup in this game.

TrueGrime

In theory, if you stop regening and stay at level 50 forever then that means you'll eventually run out of chances to get burn cards right? Because it's only a matter of time before you complete the sub challenges for those burn cards.

HelloMeow

In theory, if you stop regening and stay at level 50 forever then that means you'll eventually run out of chances to get burn cards right? Because it's only a matter of time before you complete the sub challenges for those burn cards.

I still get burn cards even though I rarely complete a challenge anymore.

HelloMeow

Not the regen challenges. There are still challenges you get by simply playing the game. I get about 3 or 4 of them per game and end up with random burn cards.

Yeah. I have never regenned and I have completed most obvious challenges. I rarely complete any challenge anymore, but I get burn cards almost every game.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
whats the deal with the glitched invincible dropships? i've seen it happen quite frequently lately

El_Chino

Every update has improved performance - sometimes just a little (or very specific problem cases), sometimes a lot more. This next update probably has the most yet, and the stuff we're testing right now for the one after that has even more.

...I realize that sounds very hand-wavy. Sorry to be frustrating. What I can say is that we have coders (and occasionally scripters) who are solely working on performance improvements, they've done some cool under-the-hood stuff that's bearing fruit, and they're not done.

Resolution is still a goal. Luckily that's an issue of being GPU-bound, not CPU, but we'll see.

Today, yes, but the upcoming patch will make that not the case. =)
Thanks for the heads up!

garath

Well I had fun with the game this weekend. Is there still an active community with the old maps? The 30 bucks for base game is probably the max I would want to spend. Have a baby on the way and only have a couple more weeks left of free time Lol.

I did notice some crazy lopsided teams today. Lots of newbies like me I guess.

hwalker84

Don't even care if Titanfall get a resolution update just lock the framerate and tearing. Don't care if dropping down to 720 does the trick.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
got back from vacation and tried to update on origin
43oPahS.png

anybody got the fix?

edit: Oh right. UAC is disabled on my PC, and I'm (obviously) not getting any prompt.

Sometimes when I retry it's "Sorry, but Origin is currently using that folder for another operation."

I should mention I truly love origin and enjoy being forced to use it at every opportunity.

After almost two days i downloaded the game (i tried all the fixes but none work wich is weird i´m on pc) so i´ve been playing like three hours of the game, obviously i suck at it but the game is fun, except for the FOV, is to low for me, i´m a 105-110 kind of guy and after an hour or so i start to get headaches so i´m sorry but i´m not gonna buy the game, the FOV kills me.
Aside of the long, long wait for the download didn´t encounter any problems finding games, i even completed the campaign mode, fun game, but sadly it gives me headache

Sickbean

I think the 48 hour trial has sold me the game to be honest - 60fps on my modest PC at 1080p, ping constantly around 30, get into a match pretty much straight away.

Just been playing the attrition game mode and it's the closest thing to my old loves of Q3 and UT I've played in a while. Lots of fun.

Add me to the list of people that Free weekend sold the game to.

It plays like(what I remember) of Unreal Tournament back in 1999. I loved UT.

Bought it!

bitoriginal

Infinite loading screens usually mean texture memory is set too high, not a router issue.

I apologise for the rant yesterday. When the game works, it's a joy. However, if there are issues, then the lack of information being relayed, or the ability to back out of a 'connecting' or black loading screen can be really infuriating.

Personally I agree with the other poster that I should be able to change my loadout, or mess around with my characters regardless of any server issues, as I'm used to doing with almost every other game.

For reference, I'm playing on 360. I don't know if its considered the black sheep of the Titanfall family, but as far as I know I have no say in setting texture memory.

To resolve my issue, after getting through various loading/connecting screens, I had to reset my router and clear the system cache to get it work. Waiting to see if it was actually going to connect or just continue seeing a spinning circle was a nail biting experience.

Never had an issue even on WiFi. I'll never understand why people complain about this shit when it's likely their shitty internet.

Shitty internet aside, which I do have - nearly every game I've ever played has worked fine. My issue is that when it doesn't work, it's really hard to figure out whats going wrong as the 'connecting' screen can just keep going indefinitely with no ability to back out.

Anyway, I sorted my issue out and convinced a friend to buy it - I'm looking forward to talking about gameplay from here on out.

Sullichin

Bought this because I had a lot of fun with the free weekend. But FUCK, I forgot to buy the Season Pass and it's not on sale separately. What the fuck Origin.

Bydobob

Have they nerfed the satchels already? They seem really floaty now. I used to be able to throw them a good distance while jumping but now they get caught up in the air and float down like parachutes.

Thanks to the new players though I breezed through the Gen 6 challenges. Their ignorance of the map allowed me to cause carnage on the rodeo, taking down 10 Titans in one game. Seems like everyone was having fun at least, and it was great not to have to wait for matches any more. Long may it continue.

Do you gain anything from changing gens? other than bragging rights?

You'll become a more complete player and ultimately get more out of the game. Some challenges can be a grind but you don't have to go for it every game.

Bit-Bit

Played it thanks to the free trial. Will get the game now. It reminds me of my unreal tournament days.

Lots of jumping and dashing. Love it.

yGray

Banned
I haven't played on PC since 3 weeks after launch. I'm scared to launch the game knowing how fractured and empty the player base was there- especially now since the DLC launched.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
straight-up cannot download the update on Origin and obviously the game won't launch without the update. i guess, is there somewhere to download it manually or something? -_-

edit: I found the fix.............. from user r4ck0 on the EA forums (not EA support mind you)

Go to Control Panel and create another user in the Adminstrators group.

Control panel - User Accounts - Manage another account - Create a new account - (give a name and choose it to be in the Administrators group)

Then log off and login as this new user.

Go to c:\program files\origin or c:\program files (x86)\origin and run Origin.

worked. Now I'll just wait for the update to download on this new user account so that I can log out and log back into my real account to be able to play the game I already have installed...

Guess I'll have to keep the new user account I made around for next time, too
vBzLugQ.png

Izuna

Banned
Holy FUCK

I need to report something...

Please go to xboxclips.com and search my gamertag "Izuna Lasky"

I waited ages only to be joined in a game in progress on Xbox One, and I tried to get MVP despite starting late. I felt like I was getting a headache and for some reason I must have not been used to Titanfall after not playing for weeks.

As it turns out I was playing the game at twice the speed. No one could touch me and my guns were shooting 100% faster.

I don't know if the clips show the issue as well as my monitor did haha, but this has never happened before.

TrueGrime

Holy FUCK

I waited ages only to be joined in a game in progress on Xbox One, and I tried to get MVP despite starting late. I felt like I was getting a headache and for some reason I must have not been used to Titanfall after not playing for weeks.

As it turns out I was playing the game at twice the speed. No one could touch me and my guns were shooting 100% faster.

I don't know if the clips show the issue as well as my monitor did haha, but this has never happened before.

I only see one TF clip up there Izu and it was recorded in May.

Izuna

Banned
I only see one TF clip up there Izu and it was recorded in May.

I will let you know when it uploads. For now it is still happening to me. It must have something to do with the resume gameplay feature on Xbone... This shit is hilarious, the cheapest and most fun bug ever and I won't stop until I have to go to work.

Sickbean

I haven't played on PC since 3 weeks after launch. I'm scared to launch the game knowing how fractured and empty the player base was there- especially now since the DLC launched.

Really?

Didn't have a problem getting into a full match at all in the 48 free period. Should I be worried about getting the full game?

Holy FUCK

I will let you know when it uploads. For now it is still happening to me. It must have something to do with the resume gameplay feature on Xbone... This shit is hilarious, the cheapest and most fun bug ever and I won't stop until I have to go to work.

Well now I'm really fucking curious.

Yeah this sounds crazy. But crazy in a good way. Even though Cheaters get stitches... or was that snitches get stitches? I always confuse the two.

Izuna

Banned
Well now I'm really fucking curious.

I am tempted to say that it feels like I am playing at 144fps or something, but the refresh rate is still the same. I know I am moving faster, I know my Electric Smoke is killing faster, but when I watch the clips I made it plays like normal. I can take out all of the grunts on the other side of the map before any of the other team move.

The real way to test this is to use the Smart Pistol I guess. I'll let you guys know when my clips finally upload.

TrueGrime

I am tempted to say that it feels like I am playing at 144fps or something, but the refresh rate is still the same. I know I am moving faster, I know my Electric Smoke is killing faster, but when I watch the clips I made it plays like normal. I can take out all of the grunts on the other side of the map before any of the other team move.

The real way to test this is to use the Smart Pistol I guess. I'll let you guys know when my clips finally upload.

Izu, it sounds like you have the Xbox version of the PC glitch that allowed you to play the game at double the speed. This was known for PC but definitely not known for the Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom