• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayme

I look forward to it in four months.

But seriously, how will you guys handle parties then? I don't want to be put on a different team if I party up with buddies. That defeats the entire point if partying up.

Four months! The game has only been out for ~3! ;)
...but no, you won't have long to wait for this. It being playable at E3 is a good sign.

We'll never split parties up.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE SATCHEL CHARGES

Balanced in the same update (the one we showed at E3). So... soon!

...but no, you won't have long to wait for this. It being playable at E3 is a good sign.
I think he meant the 360 version though, which I assume wasn't playable at E3. I still think he's being a bit unreasonable though.

Oh shit, satchel nerf? I hadn't dared to hope!

Obscured

It's always one of the top games currently being played on the platform. I've had no issues with search times.

Lately I've only been able to play late at night. I jump around from Attrition, Hardpoint and Campaign (was working on Look out below regen challenge (yay finally done with it!), I was trying to find a gametype I could farm those but still help the team) and sometimes had to wait a few minutes early morning hours, but usually it is pretty quick.

I also have noticed a lot more new player with no gen chips yet. Hoping that is a good sign we are getting some uptick, I'm hoping this game has legs because I hope to still be playing for a long time.

Oh I was just kidding, I don't care really. I kill myself with them more than other players!

Sounds the same way I use satchel charges, at least I've been getting better where I'll get a double kill when taking out myself so the sting isn't quite as bad. Stupidest thing was the other day I rodeo'd a titan, threw down a satchel and then detonated it without jumping off first.

Ghazi

If you had to make a guess, how long would you say it might take for BluePoint to port the update over. Expedition+the newest update took about a month, so is that a reasonable expectation?

My biggest fear is that support for the 360 is going to be dropped at some point :(

TrueGrime

Nerfing satchels?

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

First my 40mm and now satchels. You're nerfing all the wrong things. Chaingun needs to be nerfed. CAR & SHOTTIES need to be nerfed. Carbine too.

Bydobob

I also have noticed a lot more new player with no gen chips yet. Hoping that is a good sign we are getting some uptick, I'm hoping this game has legs because I hope to still be playing for a long time.

Yes, I've also seen lots of new players on PC, it's been on sale for the last couple of weeks I believe. Free weekend is also a great idea, I'm expecting a high conversion rate once people realise how much fun they're having. All this negativity around lack of modes and single player (usually from people without the game) made a lot of people wary about buying. Bloody Steam summer sale though has subtracted me and probably a few others. It was supposed to be Titanfall tonight but ended up playing Witcher 2. £2.99 is just stupid money.

Nerfing satchels?

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

Sharing the pain on that one. Let's hope it's a minor one like the 40mm cannon, which let's face it made no difference to most people.

HelloMeow

(Mentioned in the Origin sale thread, thought I'd echo here.)

This was mentioned at E3 (where the next patch was being shown off), but in case you missed it:

The next update to the game will have matchmaking improvements. Most noticeably, you'll see the game balance teams for playercount and skill, right before a match starts. So no more (for example) 5v3 matches, those'll get automatically smoothed to 4v4, and the players on each team will be chosen based on skill balance, so everyone gets as close to an even fight as possible.

We're doing more for matchmaking past that update, and those improvements will be made server-side as we roll them out, so there should be less waiting for client patches as we iterate.

That sounds great. Does that mean that the game won't automatically look for a new team after a lopsided game anymore?

I really want to like playing Titanfall again.

I'm on the 360, haha.

I think he meant the 360 version though, which I assume wasn't playable at E3. I still think he's being a bit unreasonable though.

Oh shit, satchel nerf? I hadn't dared to hope!

Yeah. Tell that two two months of no communication from bluepoint.

getting disconnected almost every two matches. annoying as fuck.

oh and those grenades that fuck up your vision is worse than the screen shake in bf4. what a terrible and annoying grenade

Yeah. Tell that two two months of no communication from bluepoint.
Yeah, I totally don't get it. You know it's outsourced, you know they can't really port stuff until it's final on the lead version, and you know there's a month or so lag. What more do you possibly need to know? Your Xbox will prompt you to download the patch when it's ready. New maps will pop up in the store. It'll be after the shit goes live on Xbox One and PC. They probably could give you a tentative date, of course then if they miss it, people will just get mad over that.

Tokubetsu

Enjoying the scrub bloodbath happening on PC right now. Working through some gen challenges, cutting enemies titans off, watching them panic in corners. Good times.

tmespe

Ate people on PC paying with keyboard and mouse or gamepad? Enjoying the hell out of the free game time thing on PC. This game is awesome and I'm not too bad at it either.

Ugh Gen 9 is fucking terrible. Trying to get critical hits with the rail gun is a huge pain in the rectum.

Instant shot mod, multi-targeting missile system ordinance, and quick loader should improve your chances. Instant shot to get more rounds out quicker, and multi-targeting missile system coupled with quick loader to prevent the enemy Titan's shield from regenerating.

Daemul

I think I've just about hit my limit with the regen challenges. I always said I may eventually just stop at the level which had the emblem I liked the most, and that just so happens to be Gen 5, so I'm stopping right here.

The only reason why I even bothered with regeneration was because I was afraid of running out of burn cards, then I realised that would happen eventually anyway once I reached Gen 10, so there's no point in delaying the inevitable.

Now I can actually have fun with the game and start getting up my K/D back up, because it took a hell of a beating whilst doing the regen challenges.

I think I've just about hit my limit with the regen challenges. I always said I may eventually just stop at the level which had the emblem I liked the most, and that just so happens to be Gen 5, so I'm stopping right here.

The only reason why I even bothered with regeneration was because I was afraid of running out of burn cards, then I realised that would happen eventually anyway once I reached Gen 10, so there's no point in delaying the inevitable.

Now I can actually have fun with the game and start getting up my K/D back up, because it took a hell of a beating whilst doing the regen challenges.

I end up getting rid of a lot of burn cards. mostly the amped weapon ones and that annoying radar pulse ones where you can see people thru walls. I hate that shit :p

Hmm, free weekend noobs? Been working on finishing up my Xbox One generations but I think I'm going to have to boot up the PC version at some point this weekend.

Nori Chan

LoL. The reason why everyone but you was doing bad is that they were getting killed trying to play the objective. You know.. to capture the enemy flag. :) Can't fault you for good defense though. =p

But I was literally transporting people with my titan...but they never jumped on :( they wanted to marathon the fuck out of straight through the middle

TrueGrime

But I was literally transporting people with my titan...but they never jumped on :( they wanted to marathon the fuck out of straight through the middle

Haha. I think some people aren't aware that you are protected by the shields of the Titan that you're riding and it can be a quick capture if done right. As long as it's not a fucking ogre!

So... free weekend noobs probably don't get to play the map pack right? So I'd kind of have to get extra dirty and load up campaign mode? Not sure I'm willing to stoop THAT low.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
So... free weekend noobs probably don't get to play the map pack right? So I'd kind of have to get extra dirty and load up campaign mode? Not sure I'm willing to stoop THAT low.

Heh, I did campaign when origin put the game on sale and steamrolled through the critically conditioned challenge. You gotta do what you gotta do!

Since the drivers for the control came up I'm thinking about double dipping on PC. Maybe just to see if the whole K&M trumps the controller.

Well, you could hop on the free weekend and check it out. But spoiler alert, KB+M trounces controller, with a couple of freakshow controller skill guys. The autoaim is a decent balancing factor. I manage about the same KD in both versions of the game, but I can tell that if controller me went up against KB+M me, controller me would get wrecked.

Ah ok that makes life a million times easier. I was freaking out for a second there.

Thanks for the replies.

When are we getting an XboxOne GAF group together to play?

I have been trying! It's hard to get all these punk bitches on at one time for a large party. However, I've been able to play with onsie and twosie gaffers like I did last night and a few nights before.

I haven't been playing much because I've been messing around with the XB1 since I just got it. It's my weekend off and I'll be on later tonight after the 8pm flash sale goes up on Steam.

I've been on pretty often the last week or two. Hit me up guys, I have it on the X1 by the way.

Is this much better guys? ;P it's in pilot hunter
no it's not lol that matchmaking doe

no, you're still only gen 4.

Yeah, I totally don't get it. You know it's outsourced, you know they can't really port stuff until it's final on the lead version, and you know there's a month or so lag. What more do you possibly need to know? Your Xbox will prompt you to download the patch when it's ready. New maps will pop up in the store. It'll be after the shit goes live on Xbox One and PC. They probably could give you a tentative date, of course then if they miss it, people will just get mad over that.

asked in here before launch if the 360 dlc/patches would be delayed and was told no by a dev.

asked in here before launch if the 360 dlc/patches would be delayed and was told no by a dev.
Link? I see Respawn telling you that porting takes time, but I don't see anyone saying Xbox 360 will get updates at the same time as Xbox One, though I might not be looking in the right place.

Raytow

So I tried the 48 hours thingy, liked the game bought it and the season pass as well, but when I try to play the new maps it keeps saying someone on my playlist doesn't own them and defaults me to the shop screen which has the DLC marked as bought, any ideas?

So I tried the 48 hours thingy, liked the game bought it and the season pass as well, but when I try to play the new maps it keeps saying someone on my playlist doesn't own them and defaults me to the shop screen which has the DLC marked as bought, any ideas?
Are you trying to play partied up with people that don't have the maps? That sounds a little weird. Did you download them after purchase? I'd suggest restarting Origin, and right clicking on Titanfall and clicking "Check for update" and maybe "Repair game". Failing that I don't know.

I hope you get it squared away, it's good to see the free weekend converting some new players!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom