• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matchmaking and connectivity in Titanfall PC are so bad. Wait forever for a match, then just get kicked out with a long "connecting" prompt. Half the time on the main menu it takes multiple attempts to connect to a server.

This stuff is so frustrating, I've never had problems with other PC shooters.

it's just today, don't worry. even on 360 getting into a match has been frustrsting today

hoyalawya

I've never did get used to that config, but everyone seems to like it. Default works just fine!

I am playing better with bumper jumper. I got away from several close encounters by just jumping to avoid bullets while adjusting the aim to return hip fires. It certainly helps with the parkour. I can do many jumps now that I could not do before.

TrueGrime

X1 TitanGAF. I'll be on playing tonight.

Hit.
Me.
Up.

Joker-Yelling-Hit-Me-The-Dark-Knight.gif

Ghazi

The servers are fucked right now, I have had to resort to COD and it is painful.

No joke, I did too. Not only that, I'm super miffed because I used my last 2 day trial to play today, on my day off. Pretty disheartening that these issues are a thing.

Redd

DLC is out on 360, yay!

But now I can't connect to the server...

Also, does anyone know if the Season Pass is cross platform?

Yep. Patch broke the game for me. Can't connect to the server and it crashes if I try to back out or bring up the guide.

RIP.

Thought it was only me. I can't even go to the dashboard. Just have to power off and wait for them to fix it.

TrueGrime

Played with a fellow gaffer tonight and we tore it up for about 2 and some hours with only one loss. I can't stress it enough that it's so much more fun to play with people that understand the game intimately enough to usually dominate.

Up to play with anyone as well so adding you peeps (the ones that gave TG's) as Majjam.
Added you, GT "Pegasus Actual"

Man loaded up some Xbox One gameplay... is Swampland always so choppy? I think something was going horribly wrong in my game. Trying to knock out these Gen 6 challenges but the lobby is so imbalanced against my team it's time for the try-hard class to keep the score respectable.

TrueGrime

Added you, GT "Pegasus Actual"

Man loaded up some Xbox One gameplay... is Swampland always so choppy? I think something was going horribly wrong in my game. Trying to knock out these Gen 6 challenges but the lobby is so imbalanced against my team it's time for the try-hard class to keep the score respectable.

Got'cha. It wasn't too bad tonight but it was definitely some chop on my end as well. Nothing that was unplayable though.

Got'cha. It wasn't too bad tonight but it was definitely some chop on my end as well. Nothing that was unplayable though.

As it turns out I think my XBO just needs a hard reset. Felt like 15fps, but really was probably more like 30 with ridiculous judder. Once the next map loaded up I realized that it wasn't a Swampland issue.

Got a goose with the vortex shield right before he landed with the Mag Launcher rounds he was shooting at me. Felt like a pretty good end to an otherwise disastrous run. Xbox, Record That! Xbox says:
God dammit!

Obscured

I cannot drop a Titan on anyone to save my life. Did they make it so you can't drop on another Titan still in a bubbleshield? I've tried that and the landing zone always shifts. I need that and wins for this gen, so good thing is I can just play and hope it comes together.

GT is Mouroutaru if anyone wants to play.

TrueGrime

I cannot drop a Titan on anyone to save my life. Did they make it so you can't drop on another Titan still in a bubbleshield? I've tried that and the landing zone always shifts. I need that and wins for this gen, so good thing is I can just play and hope it comes together.

Try this.

Rodeo a titan and hopefully its own that doesn't have the electric smoke defense. Listen for when the pilot exists his titan to shoot you. Once that happens, double jump backwards, looks down, and drop your titan on his standing there. He won't have time to get back in it.

Chitown B

it's really hard. Unless it's dead on, it doesn't count.

Alx

The most efficient way (although not too elegant) to score kills through Titan drops is to target grunts. Look for a pack of them, just walk right to their face, call your Titan and just keep walking around them (they should stay still as long as they can see you, don't leave their line of sight).
It's an almost sure kill (unless another player shoots them before they get crushed), and if you're lucky you can even get more than one in a single drop (I once killed in a single game 3 grunts in a drop, then 2 in another).

So I haven't jumped back into the game except for one day when the DLC dropped. What's changed? Any good updates? Are there still those wonderful latency and hit detection issues?

I really loved the concept of this game, had fun, and then just got bored of it because there's barely any progression with weapons or... Much of anything outside of Generations. I hit Gen 10 and that was basically all there was to do in the game.

I renewed my gold and going to setup the one again tonight to jump back in to titanfall, outside of there being a new map pack has there been any balance changes to the 40mm at all? that thing was a beast.

Chitown B

So I haven't jumped back into the game except for one day when the DLC dropped. What's changed? Any good updates? Are there still those wonderful latency and hit detection issues?

I really loved the concept of this game, had fun, and then just got bored of it because there's barely any progression with weapons or... Much of anything outside of Generations. I hit Gen 10 and that was basically all there was to do in the game.

you hit Gen 10. And you seem to think that you didn't get your money's worth. How many hours of play did that take you?

Obscured

Try this.

Rodeo a titan and hopefully its own that doesn't have the electric smoke defense. Listen for when the pilot exists his titan to shoot you. Once that happens, double jump backwards, looks down, and drop your titan on his standing there. He won't have time to get back in it.

it's really hard. Unless it's dead on, it doesn't count.

The most efficient way (although not too elegant) to score kills through Titan drops is to target grunts. Look for a pack of them, just walk right to their face, call your Titan and just keep walking around them (they should stay still as long as they can see you, don't leave their line of sight).
It's an almost sure kill (unless another player shoots them before they get crushed), and if you're lucky you can even get more than one in a single drop (I once killed in a single game 3 grunts in a drop, then 2 in another).

Thanks, yeah these are all things I keep trying, but I appreciate the tips. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I swear I had a specter do a little tap dance to the side to avoid my titan last night. I think I got 3 more in about 10 games. For some reason no one wants to get out of their titan lately. I took down several with a rodeo because they wouldn't get out. only a few popped smoke.

And no kidding about it being direct. I had one drop that was right in the middle of three specters and didn't kill one of them, but all of them were inside the bubble shield, so I did crush them as soon as I got in which made me feel a little better.

Feels like the game really wants me to work at this. There were several times when I had a titan ready to drop and couldn't find any minions even running all over the map. The only solace I have is that it is going to take me forever to get the hundred wins so I have plenty of time.

One thing I started doing more was working on getting a parkour flow going. One thing about this game is the movement just keeps feeling better and better to me.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
One thing I started doing more was working on getting a parkour flow going. One thing about this game is the movement just keeps feeling better and better to me.

You really start to appreciate the map designs when you learn to get vertical. Maps in this game are so damn good. Even the maps I don't really like (Boneyard, Airbase) have their moments.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
So now the app thinks I'm back to gen 15 again!

So I've gone from Gen 15 to 22 and back to 15 all in the span of less than 48 hours.

Weird shit going on.

Obscured

You really start to appreciate the map designs when you learn to get vertical. Maps in this game are so damn good. Even the maps I don't really like (Boneyard, Airbase) have their moments.

Yeah, I had been fairly good at getting vertical but now am doing it with a bit more style. It is kind of cool that this game has that kind of hidden progression as you do it more you find more routes and get better at hitting them. You are right about appreciating the map design more as well, you start to see how many things are in there that you may have glossed over before.

Ghazi

If that's true that sucks. What's up with game QA these days? Too much testing done in a closed environment.

I'll email/call them up. It may be my 360, but it's in mint condition in a cooled, open environment so I doubt it.

I mean, I can play a game or two before it crashes, but it freezes in the menus and in game as well sometimes. Really annoying.

I had a crash last night 3 games in to playing the xbox one version after weeks of not playing, the game suddenly lagged and stopped with a repeating buzz noise before closing to the dashboard about 20 seconds later.

Titanfall is a fun game but there is some real mess of a code going on at times, random choppy moments and weird crashes for no reason.

I had a crash last night 3 games in to playing the xbox one version after weeks of not playing, the game suddenly lagged and stopped with a repeating buzz noise before closing to the dashboard about 20 seconds later.

Titanfall is a fun game but there is some real mess of a code going on at times, random choppy moments and weird crashes for no reason.

I had 2 server disconnects and a crash yesterday as well.

It sucks because I feel like I should give up completely but I love the game too much to fully walk away from it.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Campaign matchmaking was wonky last night, kept putting me into matches I had already finished. I have one left to get the stryder and then I have to do all this shit again for the ogre. yay.

I'll pick the season pass up sometime this weekend and tag along with some of you folks if I see you playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom